Dec. 21, 2018 — In this week’s President’s Message:
Special Holiday Greetings | Celebrating 15 Years: Save This Date | Lecture Series Coming January 14: Rediscovered National Park Posters | Members Corner: Kathy Kelley – 400th Member | Upcoming Events
Stay tuned… followed by a short break to enjoy the holiday’s, the FMM publishing team will present newsy news this week on Friday, January 11th.
Click on the image below to enjoy the special greetings.
Make sure you put March 18, 2019, 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. on your calendar.
That’s the date of our big anniversary party for members only.
You will have to live in suspense for another few weeks while we finalize some of the plans, but we are sure you will want to join in this glitzy party. Stay tuned for more details in the January Friday Morning Messages.
The second of the 2018/2019 Kino Lecture Series will be “Ranger of the Lost Art: Rediscovered National Park Posters”. The lecture is open to all residents and the community.
- Former dentist and National Park Ranger Doug Leen will share his 1971 discovery of a WPA (Works Progress Administration) poster and his 47-year search for the original 14 posters created by the WPA from 1938-1941
- Monday, January 14 at 7:00 p.m. in the Madera Clubhouse Ballroom
- Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the Concierge Desk (check only) and at the door (cash or check)
- All proceeds benefit TWOQC Scholarship Fund
Tis the season to be jolly and jubilant as we celebrate our magnificent members and welcome the newest to our group: Peggy Bishop and Roz Harrison.
Thank you for all the ways you have shared your time and talents with TWOQC and our community in 2018. We look forward to celebrating our 15th Anniversary throughout 2019 with you.
Pictured is TWOQC’s 400th member in 2018, Kathy Kelley (center). With her is Angie Werner, 2nd Vice President/Membership, and Barb Hunsinger, Membership Assistant (right). Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
(♦) public event
- Jan. 14 – 7 p.m.→Lecture: Ranger of the Lost Art: Rediscovered WPA National Park Posters (♦)
- Jan. 28 – 10 a.m.→When Women Thrive: The Work to Empower Single Mothers in Southern Arizona (Krista Millay, Community Impact Director, Women’s Foundation of So. Arizona)
- Feb. 25→American Cancer Society Fashion Show (♦)
- Mar. 4 – 7 p.m.→Lecture: Fabulous Fliers: The Birds of Madera Canyon and the Santa Rita’s (♦)
- Mar. 18 – 3-5 p.m.→TWOQC 15th Anniversary Celebration Party
- Apr. 23-24 →Honor Flight #27 (with #25 -rescheduled from Sept 2018) (♦)
WHAT IS THE FRIDAY MORNING MESSAGE? The Friday Morning Message is a weekly message from the President compiled from shared updates of club events and committee activity. LEARN MORE
“Thank you” to this week’s contributors: Marianne Cobarrubias, Diane Quinn, Angie Werner, Julie Woodard.