Jan. 11, 2019 — In this week’s President’s Message: Welcome to 2019 – Save this Party Date | January Program Features Speaker from Women’s Foundation of So. Arizona | Lecture Series – National Park Posters | Member’s Corner – Last Call for 2019 Dues | Items Needed for Fashion Show Silent Auction | 🆕Community Connections | Upcoming Events
We have planned a glamorous affair for March 18th; one worthy of a 15-year anniversary party. You must save the date. Join the party and be ready to create an exciting memory.
We will travel to Monte Carlo to celebrate! Brush up on your card playing and gambling skills. How are you at poker, Black Jack, slots, roulette? You aren’t a gambler? Give it a try. You literally have nothing to lose. And, you may wish to don your most glitzy attire, or come dressed as you would for a very special occasion.
Between now and March 18th you will be treated to tidbits from our past 15 years including those unforgettable moments. I want to hear from you about your favorite TWOQC memories, just send them to me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Plan on traveling with us as we step back in time to the era of James Bond, high rollers, gorgeous women, Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra. It will be a proper celebration of a remarkable past and a send-off for an extraordinary future.
🆕COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS – Please check out our new section found at the bottom of this Friday Morning Message. Important information about activities of TWOQC partners and donor recipients will be offered to show our ongoing support.
Our first program of 2019 will shine a spotlight on the work of the Women’s Foundation of Southern Arizona. This dynamic organization is leading the way in researching issues of importance to all women in Arizona. Krista Millay, Community Impact Director, will share the latest findings regarding women and single mothers and efforts to empower the lives of women and girls in Southern Arizona.
Join us, Monday morning, January 28 at 10:00 in the Madera Ballroom for When Women Thrive: The Work to Empower Single Mothers in Southern Arizona. This program is open to all members of TWOQC and first-time guests.
Is he secretly Indiana Jones searching for the lost art of the National Park posters? Fourteen posters were created during the 1938-1942 Depression era by artists under the support of the Works Projects Administration (WPA), but were lost for over 40 years. Come and listen as former National Park Ranger Doug Leen discusses his quest during the second of the 2018/2019 Kino Lecture Series.
WHEN: Monday, January 14 at 7:00 pm
WHERE: Madera Clubhouse Ballroom
- Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the Concierge Desk (check only) and at the door (cash or check)
- All proceeds benefit TWOQC Scholarship Fund
- The lecture is open to all residents and to the community
Last call for 2019 dues! You “due” not want to miss a thing in 2019! We have fabulous Members Only events planned to celebrate our 15th anniversary throughout 2019 and we are sure you “due” not want to miss the fun!
On January 31, those who have not renewed their membership will have their information removed from our database and will be ineligible to attend luncheons and other events.
To renew please mail or drop off your 2019 membership renewal check ($25, payable to: TWOQC) to Angie Werner at 1924 E Orinda Lane. If your information has not changed, place a note on your check stating, “no changes”. If your information has changed, please fill out the membership form. Forms may be found online at womenqc.com/membership-form or at the Madera Clubhouse.
Welcome to our newest members for 2019:
Donna Brooks, Jane Reichert, and Marilyn Watt.
ITEMS NEEDED FOR FASHION SHOW SILENT AUCTION
TWOQC annual fashion show and luncheon is just around the corner, Monday, February 25th. The Committee is calling on members to provide items for the Silent Auction. Plans include highly desirable and unique opportunities, including those listed below. We also welcome your ideas. Please email Diane Gordon: email@example.com.
Donations are tax deductible. All proceeds directly support the American Cancer Society. Donation receipts will be provided upon request. Thank you for your generous support of this event.
SUGGESTED ITEMS NEEDED:
- Friends of Madera guided bird-watching outing
- Wine tasting for 12 (or 8, 14, etc.)
- Guided tour of Sabino Canyon
- Home Decor Consultation
- Glass blowing party in Tucson
- A three-day cruise
- Painting party in Tucson
- UA Basketball tickets
- Timeshare week in a lovely location
- Cooking class at Tumacookery
- Group golf outing and lunch
- Hot Air balloon ride for 2
- Restaurant gift certificates
- Spa and/or massage gift certificates
(In this spot you will find link(s) to activities, events, and information about organizations that partner with TWOQC. Check out what’s going on with groups we work with and support.)
SAHUARITA HIGH SCHOOL NAVAL JROTC, service providers for TWOQC 2018 VA Clothing Drive, co-sponsor for Massing of the Colors program at noon on Friday, January 18 at the Sahuarita Unified School District Auditorium, 350 W. Sahuarita Road. The public is invited. (more info…)
(♦) public event
- Jan. 28 – 10 a.m.→When Women Thrive: The Work to Empower Single Mothers in Southern Arizona (Krista Millay, Community Impact Director, Women’s Foundation of So. AZ)
- Feb. 25→American Cancer Society Fashion Show: GET YOUR TICKETS! (♦)
- Mar. 4 – 7 p.m.→Lecture: Fabulous Fliers: The Birds of Madera Canyon and the Santa Rita’s (♦)
- Mar. 18 – 3-5 p.m.→15th Anniversary Celebration Party – Monte Carlo
- Apr. 23-24 →Honor Flight #27 (rescheduled from Sept 2018) (♦)
- Print the Schedule of Events
- Check the Online Calendar for general & committee meetings, events reservation dates, ticket selling dates, & other deadlines (as they become available)
- Programs & events (topics, dates, & times) are subject to change
- Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS THE FRIDAY MORNING MESSAGE? The Friday Morning Message is a weekly message from the President compiled from shared updates of club events and committee activity. LEARN MORE
“Thank you” to this week’s contributors: Kathe Alves, Lisa Johnson, Peggy McGee, Diane Quinn, Angie Werner, Julie Woodard.