Feb. 8, 2019 — In this week’s President’s Message:
- Anniversary Party: Not To Be Missed – Tickets Selling Fast!
- Hot Off The Press Updates: Fashion Show, 50/50, Sponsorships, Mod Pizza Challenge
- Member’s Corner: Thank you, and New Member
- Youth On Their Own: Spring Luncheon Invitation
- Community Connections: Homeless & Hospitalized Veterans
- Upcoming Events
♣️♦️ Do you like a good party?
DO YOU WANT A REASON to wear a little bling? Want to try your hand at a game of chance in a fun, no-risk atmosphere? Then the 15th Anniversary Monte Carlo Casino Gala is for you! It doesn’t matter if you don’t gamble or if you have no idea how to play casino games. The dealers will be patient and you can watch your fellow members until you feel comfortable. Brush up on your poker skills: Stud Poker, Texas Holdem, Doug’s Bronco Poker Hand Values.
- Monday, March 18, 2:30 Clubhouse bar opens.
- Doors open to the Casino Crystal Ballroom 3:00
- Prizes will be awarded shortly before 5:00 p.m.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by. Open to TWOQC members only.
♥️♠️ Important Reminder
Tickets for the 15th Anniversary Celebration Monte Carlo WILL NOT be sold at The Women of Quail Creek Fashion Show Luncheon. Tickets are selling swiftly. Get yours before they are gone:
- Access THIS FORM or contact Bobbi Gordon at email@example.com or (520) 625-9353.
- Order tickets for groups. Send list of attendees and pay by one check. Your tickets will be delivered to you.
- Tickets will be sold in the Madera Clubhouse lobby on Thursday, February 21st, from 3:30 – 5:15 pm.
Baskets and Such
A huge thank you to those who have donated lovely items for our raffle baskets and the silent auction for the Fashion Show luncheon. We couldn’t do this without you. We are still collecting items and/or coordinated baskets. Please contact:
- Pam Rodgers firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 561-7969
- Diane Gordon email@example.com or (520) 399-1372
- Lisa Johnson Johnson333@cox.net or (520) 979-4942
50/50 Raffle Tickets
The winner will be drawn on February 25 and will receive at least $990.
Purchase your tickets now by contacting Ginny Hutcheson, (520) 906-0930 or Peggy McGee, (520) 207-6188. To save time, place address labels on your tickets and turn them in when you attend the fashion show. Or return your portion of the completed ticket to Ginny or Peggy if you are not attending. The winner need not be present to win and all proceeds go to the American Cancer Society.
Another way to support The American Cancer Society is by sponsoring a table. Tables are sponsored in honor of a cancer survivor or in memory of someone who lost their battle. Sponsorships begin at $100 but a group of people can join in on the sponsorship. Levels of sponsorship are $100 for a luncheon table sign and program mention. SPONSOR LINK
Mod Pizza Challenge
Eighty-eight people have registered online for the Mod Pizza challenge. We need one hundred people to be registered by February 9th to take part on February 12th. Mod Pizza will donate 20% of sales for registered people (and their guests) who eat at Mod between 10:30 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. on February 12th. Don’t miss out on this delicious, fun and worthy opportunity. REGISTRATION LINK (map to Mod Pizza)
A big “thank you” to Sandi Beecher, Jean Ferguson, Sherri Mayhew, Myra McCune, Janice Pereira, and Joy Sack for helping to greet our members at the January 28th program. The gift of your time is sincerely appreciated.
Trisha Manske, we’d like to welcome you, our newest member!
Youth On Their Own would like to invite you to join them at their annual Spring Luncheon March 20th at the Tucson Convention Center! Together, they will be celebrating the incredible hard work and dedication of the thousands of students, liaisons, volunteers, and donors who have made YOTO’s work possible.
The event will include lunch and an hour-long program featuring stories from students and alumni, as well as a vocal performance from a recent YOTO graduate now attending the University of Arizona.
Please join in celebrating the positive change that YOU, as a member of the YOTO Family, have made in our community!
Ticket are available via THIS LINK or copy & paste:
Homeless & Hospitalized Veterans
The VA would very much appreciate receiving winter weight clothing for both women and men. The need for travel-sized toiletries continues throughout the year. Because our next program is the Fashion Show, we ask that you do not bring donations for the VA to that event. Items may be left at Laura Colbert’s house, 2040 E Cypress Canyon Drive. or at Peggy McGee’s, 1908 E Longspur Place. If you leave items, please indicate if you want a receipt for tax purposes along with your name, address, phone number and approximate value of your donation.
(♦) public event
- Feb. 25 – 10 a.m.→American Cancer Society Fashion Show: SOLD OUT! (♦)
- Mar. 4 – 7 p.m.→Lecture Series: National Geographic Vision – A Career Photographer’s Portfolio (♦)
- Mar. 18 – 3-5 p.m.→15th Anniversary Celebration Party – Monte Carlo: GET YOUR TICKETS!
- Apr. 23-24 →Honor Flight #27 (rescheduled from Sept 2018) (♦)
- Apr. 29 – 6:30 p.m.→Scholarship Recognition
- May 20 – 6:30 p.m.→YOTO Ambassador Program
- June 24 – 11:30 a.m.→Summer Luncheon
WHAT IS THE FRIDAY MORNING MESSAGE? The Friday Morning Message is a weekly message from the President compiled from shared updates of club events and committee activity. LEARN MORE
“Thank you” to this week’s contributors: Bobbi Gordon, Ginny Hutcheson, Peggy McGee/Carol Mutter, Sue Ann Obremski, Diane Quinn, Angie Werner.