March 1, 2019 — President’s Message:
- Fashion Show for Cancer: Record Success
- 15th Anniversary Casino Party: $15 gets you all of THIS! (Mar 18)
- Kino Lecture on Monday, March 4
- Military Baby Shower Needs
- Community Connections: Honor Flight; Sahuarita Unified School District
- Upcoming Events
Thunderous applause and shouts of joy could be heard when the Fashion Show Co-Chairs announced that nearly $18,000 was raised for the American Cancer Society on Monday. Present to hear the great news were Denis Cournoyer and his team from the American Cancer Society; the Mayor of Sahuarita, Tom Murphy; and many sponsors. The 2019 Fashion Show fundraiser goes down in history as the most successful.
In addition to a terrific lunch and delightful fashion show featuring clothing from Sole Shoes and The Crowe’s Nest, attendees had fun browsing and bidding on gorgeous silent auction items, selecting from more than 60 fun and interesting raffle baskets, and taking a chance on the 50/50 raffle (lucky winner, Betsy Brown, received $2,013!).
“Thank you” many times over to the expertly organized, creative, and fun-loving Fashion Show committee. YOU DID IT! Thank you, also, to the many participants who contributed to the cause. Lives are better because of your generosity. PHOTOS by Eileen Sykora
♣️♦️ Let’s Celebrate Our Anniversary in Style!
Do you have your ticket to the 15th Anniversary Gala? If not, you’d better hurry! Tickets continue to sell. The March 18 Monte Carlo Casino Gala is only two weeks away. It doesn’t matter if you are not a gambler or don’t understand how to play blackjack or poker. Or, you wouldn’t know a roulette table from a craps table.
This party is about having fun…
…with fellow members and getting glitzy with friends. You can play at the gaming tables or you can just watch others take their chance.
The bars at the Clubhouse open at 2:30 and the ballroom Casino will be open 3:00 – 5:00. Your $15 ticket gets you admission, $500 of playing chips, passed hors d’oeuvres, and a sparkling toast.
You may even take home a great prize!
As of March 4th you may purchase tickets for your friends who are not The Women of Quail Creek members. Don’t let them miss this opportunity to party with you. Looking forward to seeing you there.
Purchase tickets at the Madera Clubhouse lobby:
- Friday, March 1st 6:00 pm
- Monday, March 4th 6:00 pm (tickets sales begin for member-guests)
- Monday, March 11th 6:00 pm
- Or, get your ticket online by clicking on the picture of the hands in the right margin of the website (womenqc.com).
Need more information? Contact Bobbi Gordon at email@example.com or call 625-9353.
National Geographic Vision: A Career Photographer’s Portfolio featuring Brian Vikander, award-winning photographer for National Geographic
- Monday, March 4th at 7:00 pm in the Madera Clubhouse Ballroom
- Tickets are $5 by check at the Concierge Desk or check/cash at the door
- Open to all of Quail Creek and local residents
- All proceeds will benefit the scholarship fund for high school senior girls and women in transition.
A shout of THANKS to Quail Creek residents and friends of the Military Baby Shower who donated in front of the Grill on Feb 24th, and at the concert on Feb 18th.
Items needed are: Diapers – newborn to size 4 · Clothes – newborn to size 9 months · Bath products, wipes. At this time there are 18 moms on the list.
Have you written your note of thanks for service to our country? Now is the time. Notes to Korean War and Vietnam Veterans are due by April 8th to Kay Robinson, 898 N. Kenneth Drive. HERE are samples of ways to begin your notes. Please take a few moments to share your thoughts.
Sahuarita Unified School District: Classroom Supplies Needed
(♦) public event
- Mar. 4 – 7 p.m.→Lecture Series: National Geographic Vision – A Career Photographer’s Portfolio (♦)
- Mar. 18 – 3-5 p.m.→15th Anniversary Monte Carlo Celebration Party: GET YOUR TICKETS!
- Apr. 23-24 →Honor Flight #27 (Access information) (♦)
- Apr. 29 – 6:30 p.m.→Scholarship Recognition
- May 20 – 6:30 p.m.→YOTO Ambassador Program
- June 24 – 11 a.m.→Summer Luncheon: Folkloric Dance Group
- July 29 – 6:30 p.m.→Color Me Beautiful
- Aug. 26 – 6:30 p.m.→Holiday Tablescapes Contest & Ice Cream Social
- Sept. 30 – 6:30 p.m.→Veteran’s Clothing Drive Prequel
- Oct. 28 – 11 a.m.→Membership Brunch: Amber Norgaard
- Nov. 11 – 6:30 p.m.→(program info forthcoming)
- Dec. 9 – 11 a.m.→Holiday Luncheon
- Print the Schedule of Events
- Check the Online Calendar for general & committee meetings, events reservation dates, ticket selling dates, & other deadlines (as they become available)
- Programs & events (topics, dates, & times) are subject to change. Topic details will be posted as the information becomes available.
- Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS THE FRIDAY MORNING MESSAGE? The Friday Morning Message is a weekly message from the President compiled from shared updates of club events and committee activity. LEARN MORE
Thank you to the contributors of the FMM: Kathi Krieg, Diane Quinn, Kay Robinson and Julie Woodward. Publishing Team: President, 1st Vice President, and Webmaster.