March 15, 2019 — President’s Message:
- It’s Time to Celebrate: March 18 from 3 to 5
- Member’s Corner: Welcome New Members
- Need a Hostess Gift? We Have Wine Totes for Scholarships
- Fashion Show Committee Special Request
- Community Connections: Homeless & Hospitalized Veterans; QC Cool Car Club
- Upcoming Events
NEW! (March 19) Anniversary Party Feedback Form
Whether you attended the March 18th Anniversary Party or not, it is our hope that all members will access the FEEDBACK FORM and provide us your comments, etc.
It’s that time… to get glitzy and party (in casino style) on Monday, March 18 from 3-5 in the Madera Ballroom.
In case you have been traveling and have not heard the news, TWOQC is celebrating 15 years of fun with friends and dedication to charitable causes. A $15 ticket is your passport to the gala.
Casino attendees will enjoy passed appetizers created especially for us by the talented Chef Aris, a magnificent video of 15-years of club activities, no host bar, $500 in gaming chips, 2 full hours of glorious classic tunes by many favorites (Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Jimmy Durante, Satchmo and more), and a glass of bubbly to toast. Preview the party music list.
You will enjoy mingling with friends, meeting new ones, playing casino and party games, and in the end you could be one of several lucky winners to take home a great prize!
Do purchase your last-minute ticket today. Contact the Activities Coordinator. Ticket sales close at midnight tomorrow night (Saturday).
Our March Wine and Welcome Party for the newest members of TWOQC included Victoria Wolfe, Fran Wetternach, Marsha Royer, Trisha Manske, Cathy Gilmore, Susie Eckhardt, and Peggy Bishop. Cheers, Ladies! We had a lovely afternoon getting to know you and sharing about the mission of TWOQC. Photos by club photographer, Eileen Sykora.
If you need a hostess gift when you are headed for a Saint Patrick’s Day party, consider a wine tote and help the scholarship program. Each tote holds at least two wine bottles in individual pockets with a cushion divider for protection. The smaller external pocket is perfect for cocktail napkins or a corkscrew. There are other uses for these adorable totes. A brilliant member who purchased a few uses one as a travel tote when carting her knitting supplies to doctor appointments. All of this for a bargain price!
Please contact Suzan Bryceland at (404) 824-3129 to purchase a green tote at $4.
If you were one of the lucky ones who won a basket at the Fashion Show and loved everything in it but don’t know what to do with that basket, please consider letting the committee use it again. Just drop off your basket with Pam at the Clubhouse Concierge Desk and it will be stored for next year’s Fashion Show event. Thank you!
Connections to Our Community
Homeless & Hospitalized Veterans
Please drop items for collection to Laura Colbert’s, 2040 E Cypress Canyon Drive. If you are hosting a Saint Patrick’s Day party and have leftover napkins, plates or cutlery, please save them for the homeless veterans and drop them along with unopened travel-sized toiletries items. Tax information (if you leave items) READ MORE
Quail Creek Cool Car Club
The Quail Creek Cool Car Club Car Show is Sunday, April 7th, 11:00-3:00, benefitting Valley Assistance Services. Volunteers are needed. Contact Angie Werner email@example.com or (402) 309-5467. LEARN MORE
SAVE THESE 2019 DATES!
(♦) public event
- Apr. 23-24 →Honor Flight #27 (flight info) (♦)
- Apr. 29 – 6:30 p.m.→Scholarship Recognition (♦)
- May 20 – 6:30 p.m.→YOTO Ambassador Program
- June 24 – 11 a.m.→Summer Luncheon: Folkloric Dance Group
- July 29 – 6:30 p.m.→Color Me Beautiful
- Aug. 26 – 6:30 p.m.→Holiday Tablescapes Contest & Ice Cream Social
- Sept. 30 – 6:30 p.m.→Veteran’s Clothing Drive Prequel
- Oct. 28 – 11 a.m.→Membership Brunch: Amber Norgaard
- Nov. 11 – 6:30 p.m.→(program info forthcoming)
- Dec. 9 – 11 a.m.→Holiday Luncheon
- Print the Schedule of Events
- Check the Online Calendar for general & committee meetings, events reservation dates, ticket selling dates, & other deadlines (as they become available)
- Programs & events (topics, dates, & times) are subject to change. Topic details will be posted as the information becomes available.
- Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS THE FRIDAY MORNING MESSAGE? The Friday Morning Message is a message from the President compiled from shared updates of club events and committee activity. LEARN MORE
Thank you to the contributors of this FMM: Suzan Bryceland, Lisa Johnson, Peggy McGee, Eileen Sykora, and Angie Werner. Publishing Team: President, 1st Vice President, and Webmaster.