April 5, 2019
Casino Party Survey ends TODAY – We would like your assessment of the Casino party. April 5, 2019 11:59 p.m. – SURVEY HAS EXPIRED.
ONE COPY of ‘A Shared Table’ Cookbook (published by TWOQC in 2014) is still available. It is new, in mint condition and for sale at $15. Genesis House will receive 100% of the profits. If interested in purchasing, please contact Pat @ email@example.com. Cookbook will be donated to Genesis House if not sold by 5 p.m. this evening.
Friday Morning Messages (FMM’s) are now published every other week. Access the FMM delivery schedule & description of the FMM SHORTS. Below is last week’s FMM.
FMM: March 29, 2019 — President’s Message:
- Let’s Start with Stunning News
- Surprise, Surprise
- Help Wanted
- FMM Shorts: Inaugural Appearance Next Week
- YOTO (Youth On Their Own)
- Party Survey Still Available Online
- Community Connections: QC Cool Car Show Event in April
- Upcoming Events
There is great news to report about TWOQC’s charitable giving for the FY 2018 (1/01/18 to 12/31/18). A huge thank you to our membership and the community who have so generously supported our work and made possible critically needed donations. Please “raise the rafters” with CHEERS…and “hug” a neighbor!
- $42,000 in contributions made to the five charities supported by TWOQC (Military Baby Shower, Youth On Their Own, Scholarship, Fashion Show for Cancer, VA Clothing Drive)
- $950 in contributions from TWOQC General Fund to (Honor Flight, Green Valley Fire Department Toy Drive, Quail Creek Employees Appreciation Fund)
Check out these remarkable numbers:
- 14,234 items donated by the VA Clothing Drive, VA Support Group, Baby Shower, YOTO
- 5,627 hours of volunteer time or the equivalent of 2.76 WY (work years) were provided by 171 primary volunteers/ committee members
All of this in 2018!! The teamwork and effort required for the accomplishment is both impressive and humbling. TWOQC is a committed group with the good fortune to be supported by a compassionate community. We share this news with great pride.
And, More Good News!
The Veteran’s Golf Association of Quail Creek recently presented the Military Baby Shower Committee with a significant monetary gift for purchasing those all-important diapers.
Our thanks to the VGA who continue to provide TWOQC support.
Two copies of ‘A Shared Table’, the cookbook published by TWOQC in 2014, were tucked away and recently found. They are new, in mint condition and for sale at $15.
All proceeds go to Genesis House, the original recipient of the profits. If you want to purchase one, please contact Pat Neel @ firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. All sales are on a first come basis. Please reply by April 5th, 5:00 p.m.
Have you enjoyed the fun articles about TWOQC in Quail Crossing and the announcements in “What’s Happening”? Do you like to interview interesting people? Do you like to write? Would you enjoy being part of TWOQC’s publishing team? Has your interest been peaked and would you like more information? If so, please contact Pat Neel at email@example.com.
JoAnn Haberer, 1st VP for Publicity and the author of many of those articles, is becoming a snowbird. JoAnn has provided a valuable conduit for information about TWOQC. Her expertise will be missed, however she will be available for help. Thank you, JoAnn for sharing your talents.
Friday Morning Message Shorts: Inaugural Appearance
On Friday, April 5th the *new* FMM Shorts will appear on TWOQC’s website. The Shorts:
- will provide readers with informed updates, reminders and alerts involving the activities of the organization
- will not be delivered to subscriber’s email Inbox’s
- may be easily accessed at womenqc.com (top of homepage)
- and, will be posted to the website in the “between weeks” when a regular FMM is not published
The new format is intended to keep information pertinent and timely. A list of scheduled dates of regular Friday Morning Messages may be found ON THIS LINK.
The next regular Friday Morning Message that will deliver to subscriber’s email is scheduled for April 12th.
YOTO (Youth On Their Own)
Diane and Jon Quinn represented TWOQC at the annual Spring luncheon of Youth On Their Own, YOTO, on Wednesday, March 20. The luncheon included moving commentary by several YOTO students, alumni and ambassadors. Demand for YOTO services continues to grow. With over a 13% increase year to date, YOTO is now providing school, counseling, and stipend support to 1900 homeless youth in Pima County.
The Quinn’s were fortunate to be seated at lunch with Ann Young, YOTO founder. Ann shared stories of the early days of the program as well as her continued dedication to its success.
TWOQC’s May program will focus on YOTO with presentations by both YOTO staff and a student ambassador. The May 20th program will launch our support for YOTO’s annual school supply drive.
Party Survey – Available Through April 5th
We would like your assessment of the Anniversary Casino party. You are providing valuable information for future event planning. If you did not attend, please share your reasons. SHORT SURVEY. Thank you!
QC Cool Car Club’s Annual Car Show Supports Valley Assistance Services
Sexy cars on a sunshiny Sunday, April 7th at 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. in the CATC (Creative Arts & Technology Center) parking lot. Click or tap below for more information.
SAVE THESE 2019 DATES!
(♦) public event
- Apr. 23-24 →Honor Flight #27 (flight info) (♦)
- Apr. 29 – 6:30 p.m.→Scholarship Recognition (♦)
- May 20 – 6:30 p.m.→YOTO Ambassador Program
- June 24 – 11 a.m.→Summer Luncheon: Folkloric Dance Group
- July 29 – 6:30 p.m.→Color Me Beautiful
- Aug. 26 – 6:30 p.m.→Holiday Tablescapes Contest & Ice Cream Social
- Sept. 30 – 6:30 p.m.→Veteran’s Clothing Drive Prequel
- Oct. 28 – 11 a.m.→Membership Brunch: Amber Norgaard
- Nov. 11 – 6:30 p.m.→(program info forthcoming)
- Dec. 9 – 11 a.m.→Holiday Luncheon
- Print the Schedule of Events
- Check the Online Calendar for general & committee meetings, events reservation dates, ticket selling dates, & other deadlines (as they become available)
- Programs & events (topics, dates, & times) are subject to change. Topic details will be posted as the information becomes available.
- Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS THE FRIDAY MORNING MESSAGE? The Friday Morning Message is a message from the President compiled from shared updates of club events and committee activity. LEARN MORE
Thank you to the contributors of this FMM: Diane Quinn, and Angie Werner. Publishing Team: President, 1st Vice President, and Webmaster.
FMM: March 22, 2019 — President’s Message:
- 15th Anniversary and Party
- Something New Is In The Air: FMM SHORTS
- Member’s Corner: Spotlight on Tessie Hagerich
We want to hear from you. We would like your assessment of the Casino party. If you did not attend, please share your reasons.
You are providing valuable information for future event planning. Please take a moment for this very SHORT SURVEY. Thank you.
Now the Party Fun!
The glamorous and gorgeous TWOQC chicks ventured out for a bit of high rolling Monday afternoon at the Madera Ballroom. The much-anticipated event was the 15th Anniversary celebration of the founding of our organization in 2004. Original Board members, Jan Howard and Suellen Vatter, were honored guests.
The fun began with a rousing toast to 15 years of friendship and service. The passed appetizers of stuffed dates and mushrooms, wrapped asparagus, mini quiches, and ham bites arrived. Ladies fanned out to slot machines: Black Jack, Roulette and Poker tables, and the Wheel of Fortune. The gaming tables were completely occupied until party’s end. High rollers and beginners were greeted by friendly dealers and attendants. Promptly at 4:45 the playing stopped and everyone counted their chips. The winners of exciting gift certificates were:
- 3rd Place Janet Mathis ($50 Starbucks)
- 2nd Place Pam Hartwell-James ($100 Modern Beauty Bar)
- 1st Place Patty Ackerman ($115 Tubac Golf Resort Spa plus bracelet & earrings)
Shout Outs and Many Thanks to:
- Marianne Cobarrubias, Webmaster, for a fabulous video recap (“13-minutes of 15-years of memories“), and for background music to set the scene.
- Eileen Sykora, Club Photographer, for scores of fun casino pictures. Also to Diane Quinn and Sandi Beach for their photos added to the online photo album.
- The Decorations Team, chaired by Sandi Beach, who turned the ballroom into a festive casino atmosphere.
- The Planning Committee, chaired by Carol Mutter, that made it all possible.
Everyone had a fun and memorable afternoon. Enjoy this photo album LINK.
Something New Is In The Air
The Friday Morning Message is taking on a new look!
Beginning in April, the message will be delivered and posted to our website every other week. The (new!) Friday Morning Message Shorts (a.k.a. FMM Shorts) will be the alternate news release. During those “between weeks” information may be found on the website at the top of the homepage (womenqc.com).
FMM Shorts will be composed of updates, reminders and alerts. The publishing team along with the Executive Board is committed to providing information that is relevant and fresh. We want to ensure readership and promote the use of our powerful website.
Click or tap THIS LINK for a Schedule of regular FMM dates and a quick FAQ.
Member Spotlight: Tessie Hagerich
Tessie is a medical technician and has enjoyed working in her chosen profession. However, while living in South Florida she took a much needed hiatus from a position in an intercity trauma center to do budgeting for the school district.
Tessie and her husband, Keith, (who was her high school sweetheart) enjoy traveling to visit their children in Philadelphia and Atlanta. The couple moved to Quail Creek in 2016 from Great Falls, Montana. It was their thirteenth relocation as they were required to make many moves around the country for their careers. They hope this is the final stop as they both absolutely love Quail Creek.
Tessie can be seen out and about with her dog, Beaux, who takes her on their daily walk. Tessie is a member of the Fine Arts Club and enjoys painting and taking some of the many classes offered to members. She joined The Women of Quail Creek shortly after moving here and loves having fun by helping out with different worthwhile events and meeting new friends.
Thank you to the contributors of this FMM: Yasmin John-Thorpe, and Eileen Sykora. Publishing Team: President, 1st Vice President, and Webmaster.