E-NEWSLETTER ∴ APRIL 20
Next issue: May 20, 2022
- President’s Message
- TWOQC Charities for 2022
- Scholarships Break Another Record in 2022
- Programs & Events: Upcoming Events
- ♥Members Section♥
I thought this would be a good time to review where we’ve been and where we’re going as an organization. In February 2022, The Women of Quail Creek’s Executive Board started Strategic Planning:
- revised the Mission Statement
- created a Fundraising Task Force
- established a Plan for Small Groups
- revised some Executive Board positions
The Fundraising Task Force Report was adopted by the Board which led to establishing the Director of Charitable Fundraising, the Funding and Giving Committee, and the application for the IRS 501(c)(3) status. In January 2021, the Small Groups were rolled out to great success. Moving forward:
- TWOQC is continuing to offer the Small Groups with the goal of offering additional topics.
- Monthly Membership Meetings, a core of our programming, continue with many great offerings. We will continue planning 2 luncheons a year with the possibility of some smaller lunch gatherings too. Stay tuned for some new and exciting programs.
- Of course, our charitable fundraising will continue with 2 major fundraising events a year: One centered on our Scholarships and the other on our local Sahuarita and Green Valley Charities.
A lot of positive changes occurred over the last 2+ years as TWOQC continues to grow.
∴ TWOQC CHARITIES FOR 2022 ∴
The Funding and Giving Committee will meet in April to review the current TWOQC charities and those who submitted a Needs Assessment for 2022. Several factors will be considered, including the impact of the proposed request on the community, current fundraising by the applicant, the visual impact if any the proposed donation will have on the community, and is this a monetary or an in-kind request.
After the committee has appraised the applications and considered donations to the current charities, the decisions reached by Funding and Giving will be forwarded to the TWOQC Executive Board in May for approval. The amounts donated to those selected will, of course, depend on the funds raised by the 2022 Fashion Show in April.
Scholarships break another record in 2022. Every year since its inception in 2016, TWOQC Scholarships have grown in size and the number of women receiving them. Our expanded fundraising efforts have allowed us to support more and more women in their efforts to pursue higher education.
In 2016, two $1,000 scholarships were awarded, one each to a Sahuarita High School and Walden Grove High School graduate. In 2017, the idea of supporting older women (over 21, returning to higher education), Women In Transition (WIT), was born. This year Rio Rico High School has been added to the group awarding eight scholarships to graduates from Walden Grove, Sahuarita, and Rio Rico high schools. In addition, scholarships will be awarded to seven WIT totaling a record $29,500!
To date, TWOQC proudly announces awarding 47 scholarships totaling $91,200. This is possible due to the generosity of time, effort, and monetary contributions from the members of The Women of Quail Creek, our blog subscribers, friends & neighbors, and this wonderful community. Thank you for your ongoing support.
Members: It’s not too late! You have until the 22nd to sign up in GroupWorks™ (Events tab) if you plan to attend the Scholarship Awards Celebration on Monday, April 25th.
TWOQC members are invited to join us in our Member’s-Only GroupWorks™ (GW) platform where you will find all programs & events details. Sign up for an event, make a reservation (luncheon, special event), learn how to host your own small-group event, and get large group & membership monthly meetings reservation instructions. Featured items may include membership announcements, special messages from the President, Diane G., posts from the Executive Board, and committee activity news/updates. Learn more about GW»
HOW TO JOIN US IN GROUPWORKS™
- Are you a TWOQC member-in-good-standing but not yet in GW? Register here»
- Already a GW member? Login to groupworks.com or click Members Login Here». If this is your first time, “Request to Join” when searching for and finding TWOQC’s group.
- Questions? Marianne C. at email@example.com.
∴ PROGRAMS & EVENTS ∴ Upcoming Events (All will be published in GroupWorks™ (GW) for reservations 2 weeks prior to the event):
- April 20: Garden Group presents Kathy Stone
- April 20: Asian Authors Book Discussion
- April 22: In My Kitchen: Salmon Feast with Margot Elsner
- April 28: In My Kitchen: Happy Hour with Michele Pettiti
- May 3: On-the-Go Day at the Zoo
- May 23: Tucson Jazz Institute Concert (Members attend FREE. First-time female guests can attend for a fee. Watch for sign-up and more info in GW.)
Contributors, this edition: Diane G. (president’s message) ∴ Marianne C. (members section; e-news design & delivery) ∴ Nancy J. (2022 charities) ∴ Sharon P./Peggy M. (programs/events) ∴ Judy W./Deb M. (scholarships). Publishing Team: President, Webmaster.