Feb. 15, 2019 — In this week’s President’s Message:
- Countdown is on for the Fashion Show (Feb 25)
- QC Fights Back Relay For Life Team Announcement
- 15th Anniversary Party: Don’t be left out of the FUN! (Mar 18)
- Lecture Series: National Geographic Photographer’s Portfolio (Mar 4)
- YOTO: Spring Luncheon Invitation in March
- Military Baby Shower in May
- Community Connections: Honor Flight Letters Needed by Apr 8
- Upcoming Events
WAIT LIST FOR FASHION SHOW TICKETS!
Please remember that there is a waiting list for the Fashion Show. Wait-listed ladies have priority for seat purchase, so please contact Nancy Jacobs (970) 946-3910 before you sell your ticket. Thank you.
Only a little more than one week remains until our fabulous Fashion Show on February 25, and the committee is excited to share the FUN experience we have in store for you! Be sure to bring your checkbooks and CA$H for the raffles and silent auction. Proceeds will go directly to the American Cancer Society. Here’s a sneak peek of just a few of the 25+ silent auction items:
- An evening enjoying Spanish wines and savory tapas with
5 of your closest friends
- Stunning art pieces by award-winning artists
- Fun wine glass painting party
- Relaxing all-day spa package
If you have not yet donated and plan to, please consider writing a check or sending cash to help committee members purchase additional items to complete the beautiful baskets being created. All donations are much appreciated and tax-deductible. For questions or donations, please contact:
- Pam Rodgers (firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-561-7969)
- Diane Gordon (email@example.com or 520-399-1372)
- Lisa Johnson (Johnson333@cox.net or 520-979-4942)
Thank you for your generous support of this event.
The Relay For Life Team Captain and Quail Creek resident, Ginny Hutcheson, received exciting news yesterday from the American Cancer Society that currently the Quail Creek Fights Back Relay For Life Team is the TOP fundraising team in the state of Arizona! Ginny extends her heartfelt “thanks” for supporting the team with the Fashion Show & Luncheon. Without this important event the sponsorships and 50/50 sales would not be happening right now. Thank you to TWOQC and our Relay For Life Team for all that you do each Relay season. #1 of 389 teams – READ MORE
If you want to join the team, contact Ginny at 906-0930 or visit this website: www.relayforlife.org/gvsahuaritaaz and click on Quail Creek Fights Back.
♣️♦️ Don’t be left out of the anniversary FUN!
Tickets are selling out for the March 18 anniversary party. If you haven’t gotten your ticket yet, don’t wait any longer. Tickets will not be sold during the upcoming fashion show.
The Monte Carlo themed casino gala will be our opportunity to celebrate 15 great years of The Women of Quail Creek. We can party with member friends, try our hands at games of chance (with play money), and enjoy good food, too. Your $15 ticket gets you admission, $500 of playing chips, passed hors d’oeuvres, and a sparkling toast. You may even take home a great prize!
The bars of the clubhouse open at 2:30 and the ballroom casino will be open 3:00 – 5:00.
Get your ticket today online by clicking on the picture of the hands in the right margin of the website (womenqc.com). Or access this RESERVATION FORM to order tickets for groups. Send a list of attendees and pay by one check. Your tickets will be delivered to you.
Need more information? Contact Bobbi Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 625-9353. Tickets will be sold on February 21, 3:30-5:15, in the Madera Lobby prior to Bingo.
Join us for the fun. No previous casino experience required, just the willingness to have a good time. This event is open to TWOQC members only.
Brian Vikander, award-winning photographer for National Geographic, will discuss his life’s work and approach to photography. His photos have been on the covers of National Geographic and Smithsonian and hang in prestigious galleries from New Delhi to Beijing, and LA to NYC. His photographic journeys document unusual and exotic corners of the globe.
The lecture is Monday, March 4th at 7:00 p.m. in the Madera Clubhouse Ballroom. Tickets are $5 by check at the Concierge Desk or check/cash at the door.
The lecture is open to all Quail Creek and local residents and is co-sponsored by TWOQC Scholarship Committee and the Quail Creek Education Committee. All proceeds will benefit the scholarship fund for high school senior girls and women in transition.
Join YOTO dignitaries in a celebration of hard work and dedication at the annual luncheon:
- Spring Luncheon, March 20
- Tucson Convention Center
- Special program will feature stories from students and alumni
Tickets are available via THIS LINK or copy & paste:
The number of families being honored at the May 18th event is up to 16 and growing. The committee is busy creating wonderful infant and nursery necessities for them: diaper bags, blankets, booties and hats. They could use our help with specific donations. Boxes are at the Madera Clubhouse lobby, the Anza Athletic Center, and Kathi’s house, 2680 E. Sawyer Road. Please consider adding a little something for a newborn. Thank you.
- diapers NB to size 4
- clothes NB to size 9 months
- bath products & wipes
- monetary donations are always welcome
Honor Flight of Southern Arizona is a program that provides veterans of WWII, Vietnam, and the Korean War an opportunity to view the national war memorials in Washington DC.
A two-day chartered air trip will leave Tucson on April 23. During the return flight on April 24, “mail call” will occur. Each veteran is given letters from family, friends and local school children that mentions our gratitude for their service in protecting us and our democracy.
If you’d like to participate, we could use your help:
- Please write 55 notes or letters (or 1 note/letter with 54 copies)
- Address “To a Hero” or “To a Veteran”
- Fold and seal with one sticker
- Deliver to Kay Robinson before April 8th at 898 N. Kenneth Drive
- See HERE for ideas to start your letter or note. The letters may be short. Many thanks for your time reflecting, taking action and for letting the vets know that they have not been forgotten.
Mail Call is an emotional and unforgettable time for the men and women who have served.
(♦) public event
- Feb. 25 – 10 a.m.→American Cancer Society Fashion Show: SOLD OUT! (♦)
- Mar. 4 – 7 p.m.→Lecture Series: National Geographic Vision – A Career Photographer’s Portfolio (♦)
- Mar. 18 – 3-5 p.m.→15th Anniversary Monte Carlo Celebration Party: GET YOUR TICKETS!
- Apr. 23-24 →Honor Flight #27 (rescheduled from Sept 2018) (♦)
- Apr. 29 – 6:30 p.m.→Scholarship Recognition
- May 20 – 6:30 p.m.→YOTO Ambassador Program
- June 24 – 11:30 a.m.→Summer Luncheon: Folkloric Dance Group
- July 29 – 6:30 p.m.→Color Me Beautiful
- Aug. 26 – 6:30 p.m.→Holiday Tablescapes Contest & Ice Cream Social
- Sept. 30 – 6:30 p.m.→Veteran’s Clothing Drive Prequel
- Oct. 28 – 11:00 a.m.→Membership Brunch: Amber Norgaard
- Nov. 11 – 6:30 p.m.→(program info forthcoming)
- Dec. 9 – 11:00 a.m.→Holiday Luncheon
- Print the Schedule of Events
- Check the Online Calendar for general & committee meetings, events reservation dates, ticket selling dates, & other deadlines (as they become available)
- Programs & events (topics, dates, & times) are subject to change. Topic details will be posted as the information becomes available.
- Questions? Contact: email@example.com
WHAT IS THE FRIDAY MORNING MESSAGE? The Friday Morning Message is a weekly message from the President compiled from shared updates of club events and committee activity. LEARN MORE
“Thank you” to this week’s contributors: Ginny Hutcheson, Nancy Jacobs, Lisa Johnson, Kathi Krieg, Sue Obremski, Kay Robinson, and Julie Woodard.