MONTHLY E-NEWSLETTER ∴ Jan. 20, 2022
Next issue: February 20th
- President’s Message – 2022 plans are underway
- Funding & Giving – Needs Assessment » deadline reminder
- NEW! Members Section – exciting news
- Programs & Events – what’s coming up!
- Community Outreach – honor flights return
It is now 2022 and the members of TWOQC are making plans for a year of learning, socializing, and fundraising. We survived 2020 and we moved forward in 2021. Our goal is to make 2022 a more successful year. We submitted our application for a 501(c)(3) status at the end of last year. Now it’s up to the IRS. We’re adding new members to our roster and would love to welcome more Quail Creek women. We have many new and returning small groups and exciting membership programs slated for this year (details are in GroupWorks»). We’ll be awarding several scholarships this spring (read more»). There is a Fashion Show in the planning to raise more charitable funds for distribution.
∴ NEEDS ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS – Deadline Reminder! ∴
Effective December 1, 2021 all charities wishing to request consideration for a donation, both monetary and in-kind, from The Women of Quail Creek (TWOQC) for the year 2022, must submit a Needs Assessment Form. The form is available in the TWOQC slot on the wall located in the hallway of the Quail Creek Madera Clubhouse. You may also download the form – select from two versions:
- Note: On some devices, either form may auto-download.
- To be considered, your request must reach us by the 28th of February 2022.
- The Funding and Giving Committee will review all applications and make recommendations to the TWOQC Executive Board, who will have final approval of all requests.
- Approved donation requests both monetary and in-kind will be subject to funds available.
Mail your completed request to TWOQC Charities, 2312 E Mayview Dr, Green Valley, AZ 85614. Direct questions to: Nancy J., Director of Charitable Fundraising at email@example.com. The F&G Committee thanks you.
TWOQC members are invited to join us in our Member’s-Only GroupWorks™ (GW) platform. Some of what you’ll find there:
- Nancy J., Director of Charitable Fundraising, recently posted the sale of discontinued TWOQC merchandise. Login to GroupWorks» to purchase a Member Shirt, Vest, or Jacket for closeout prices while supplies last. Items are selling fast!!
- Get details of offered programs & events. Sign up for a special event, and learn how to host your own small-group class or event (Update 1/22: See sneak preview below). Director of Programs, Sharon P. posted a request regarding the ever-popular “In My Kitchen” small-group events.
- What’s happening in the ballroom on Jan. 31 @10AM? Access details about this special membership program.
- TWOQC Open House in March → details coming soon in GW & on our website!
- Dues updates will be posted during our annual Membership Drive Campaign as well as periodic general membership announcements by the Director of Membership, Alphie S.
- Activities Coordinator, Bobbi G., oversees all luncheons, posting ticket sales announcements (when applicable) & reservation details.
- Keep an eye out for committee activity news and updates.
- President, Diane G., will share special messages.
- Watch for posts from the Executive Board.
JOIN US IN GROUPWORKS for all of this and more!
- Already a GroupWorks member? Login to groupworks.com or click Members Login Here». If this is your first time, “Request to Join” when you search/find TWOQC’s group.
- Not a GroupWorks member yet? Register here»
- If you are part of the 96% (78% on Jan. 20) of TWOQC’s members who have joined us in GroupWorks, thank you. Here are the updated stats since January 20:
∴ PROGRAMS & EVENTS ∴
A reminder that all events, including small-group events, are open to ALL members! Quail Creek female residents are welcomed to join TWOQC. As a member, you will have full access to all programs and events.
Programs & Small Group Events Coming Up!
- January 24: Gardening Group attends Green Valley Gardeners presentation
- January 24: On-the-Go visits the Flandrau Science Center & Planetarium
- January 31: Pima County Volunteer K-9 Search and Rescue Team membership program
- February 4: Sasha Stair self-awareness program
- February 9: Rock Painting class
- February 15: Book Discussion (“Animals Tell Our Stories”)
- February 16: On-the-Go excursion to the Tucson Rodeo Parade Museum
Programs and events (topics, locations, dates & times) are subject to change.
∴ HONOR FLIGHTS RETURN TO THE AIR ∴
After many cancellations, Honor Flight Southern Arizona will resume their flights from Tucson to Washington D.C. on March 26. Honor Flight takes veterans from the WWII to Vietnam eras to our Nation’s Capital to see the many monuments that have been built to commemorate their service. These trips are at no cost to the veterans. One of the highlights of the trip is Mail Call, when the veterans are given letters of appreciation written by friends, school children and the general public.
There will be 68 veterans on the March flight. This presents an opportunity for Quail Creek residents as well as TWOQC members to show appreciation to these veterans by writing each one (or at least a few of them) a letter honoring their service. Letters can be typed, copied, or handwritten on note cards, plain bond paper. Please begin letters (or notes) with “Dear Veteran”, “Dear Hero” or a similar salutation. Place letters in individual unsealed envelopes and bundle them with a rubber band or tie. Drop letters at 2719 E. Sawyer Rd by Friday, March 4th. Direct your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contributors, this edition: Diane G. (president’s message) ∴ Marianne C. (NEW “members section”; e-news design & delivery) ∴ Nancy J. (needs assessment) ∴ Peggy M./Carin K. (community: honor flight) ∴ Sharon P. (programs). Publishing Team: President, Webmaster.