This week’s Friday Morning Message: Volunteer Opportunity | Clothing Drive | Membership Brunch | Food Bank Collection | Oktoberfest Tickets | Beer Talk | Raffle Tickets to Benefit Scholarships | Thermal Totes | 2018 Membership Dues | Upcoming Events
How would you like the opportunity to help select programs for The Women of Quail Creek? Now is your chance to volunteer with this fun committee. Candidates will need to:
- be comfortable speaking before a large group
- be willing to contact individuals and groups to make arrangements for future programs
- meet 3-4 times a year with Program Committee
- be actively involved in an annual field trip in March
- be computer literate to communicate necessary details to facilitate programs
- and most important – like to have a good time working with a group to plan the programs for TWOQC
Please respond by email to email@example.com.
Saturday, October 21 from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Creative Arts & Technology Center Parking Lot
2045 E. Quail Crossing Blvd.
It is finally here!
Hopefully you have finished going through your closets and cupboards for those special items that will be a “gift of hope” to some very special veterans.
Come see us Saturday morning with your donations. Volunteers will be there to help unload your vehicle.
Turn onto N. Oak Hill Lane, drive around the back of the CATC building and follow the road to our entrance.
See you on Saturday!
Questions, contact: Laura Colbert at firstname.lastname@example.org or 625-4033.
We are down to the last week for purchasing tickets for the brunch. The last date you may purchase your seat is the 22nd of October. There are just a few seats available so please make your arrangements today.
- Tickets are $10.00 for members and $20.00 for first time guests.
- If you are purchasing for multiple persons please have the names of each person when you pay.
- Please contact Nancy Jacobs at (970) 946-3910 to reserve your seat(s).
Brunch Menu: Egg salad filled croissant, melon salad and an apple crumb cupcake with goblin glaze. The special drink will be a Black Russian with spider on the side.
If you choose, you may wear a costume, or wear your black and orange as it’s the Halloween season.
Our semi-annual collection for the Green Valley-Amado Food Bank will take place on October 30, the day of our brunch. You may place your donations in the bin outside the Ballroom.
Besides food items, the Food Bank really appreciates cleaning, paper, and hygiene products. No time to shop? Cash, checks, and credit card donations as well as gift cards are always welcomed.
Only 4 days left to purchase tickets for Oktoberfest scheduled for October 29 starting at 4 p.m. in the Ballroom. For only $30 besides helping the Scholarship Program:
- you can enjoy authentic German food
- taste beer for free between 4 and 4:45
- and dance to the music of the Bouncing Czechs. And yes, they will play other than polkas!
To buy a ticket, contact 207-6188 or email@example.com. The last opportunity to buy tickets will be at the Beer Talk on October 23rd. Cash or checks only.
Come hear a talk on The Art of Craft Beer on October 23 at 7:00 p.m. in the Ballroom.
You will not get to taste beer at this lecture—that’s reserved for the Oktoberfest. But you will learn what distinguishes craft beer from the mass-produced variety.
We will be selling tickets for both the 50-50 raffle and the gift basket raffle starting at 6:00 p.m. on October 23 in the hallway.
- You do not have to be present to win the 50-50 raffle but you must be present to take home one of the 19 prizes for the gift basket raffle
- Tickets are 6 for $5, 14 for $10, and 30 for $20
- Access this link to see a LIST OF PRIZES
We recommend you buy your tickets early so that you can fill them out ahead of time. Or you might consider bringing some address labels with you. Cash or checks only please.
The green totes with gold quail have arrived.
They will go on sale at the Brunch on October 30 but if you need one or more before then, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-6188 and she will make them available.
Cost is $7 each or 3 for $20.
2018 Applications for new members and renewals for current members will be available at the October 30 Brunch or you may go directly to the website to complete the Membership Application Form. You may bring your renewal to the brunch, mail to Angie Werner, 1924 E. Orinda Lane, or place in the Women of Quail Creek box at Angie’s front door.
Remember to come to the October 30 Membership Brunch photo-ready and your headshot will be added to the photo book of paid members for 2018. If you haven’t seen it, access this link to the Member Photo Book.
Pink = public event
- Oct. 23 – 7:00 p.m. ::: FREE Talk: MicroBrewery & Craft Beers
- Oct. 29 – 4:00 p.m. ::: Oktoberfest: Scholarships Fundraiser (…more)
- Oct. 30 – 11:00 a.m. ::: Membership Brunch
- Nov. 4 – 9:00 a.m. ::: Fall Festival Arts & Crafts Show (ends: 4pm)
- Nov. 5 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Fall Festival Arts & Crafts Show (ends: 3pm)
- Nov. 13 – 6:30 p.m. ::: Women in American History
- Dec. 11 – 12:00 p.m. ::: Holiday Luncheon (YOTO holiday gift bags)
- Jan. 15 – 7:00 p.m. ::: Lecture Series: Arizona Jaguars
- Jan. 29 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Tumacacori Park Ranger
- Feb. 7 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Fashion Show (Dillard’s apparel)
- Feb. 26 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Royal English Tea (Nancy Resnick)
- May 19 ::: Military Baby Shower