Feb. 22, 2019 — In this week’s President’s Message:
- Fashion Show Reminders & NEWS FLASH: 7 Seats Are Now Available
- 🌟MEMBERS: LAST CALL for 15th Anniversary Party Tickets (Mar 18)
- Member’s Corner: Spotlight on Bobbi Gordon
- Community Connections: Homeless & Hospitalized Veterans Donations; Honor Flight Letters Needed by Apr 8
- Upcoming Events
Are you ready for lots of fun supporting a worthy cause? TWOQC Fashion Show for Cancer Research and Quail Creek Fights Back teams are ready for you.
The big event kicks off on Monday at 10:00 when the doors open for your browsing pleasure. There are over 60 raffle baskets, 37 silent auctions, and the 50/50 pot is over $1,200.
There will be plenty of time to purchase raffle tickets and make selections. Luncheon seating begins at 11:30. Don’t forget your checkbook or plenty of CA$H.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ NEWS FLASH ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
We have added an extra table for the Fashion Show on Monday, Feb. 25th. All wait listed members have been accommodated and there are seven seats available.
Contact Nancy Jacobs immediately to purchase a ticket at (970) 946-3910 or email@example.com.
Requests MUST BE RECEIVED and changes in seating arrangements MUST BE FINALIZED by noon on Saturday, February 23rd.
Proceeds will go directly to American Cancer Society. Thank you for your generous support of this event.
♣️♦️ Beginning Mon., March 4th tickets may be purchased for guests of members!
Members: If you haven’t purchased your $15 ticket to the Anniversary Casino Party, do so NOW or at least by March 3. You don’t want to miss the action. Imagine a glitzy party, sharing memories with friends and doing a bit of gambling for fun.
TWOQC 15th Anniversary Party
“An Evening in Monte Carlo”
March 18th, 3:00-5:00 p.m., Madera Ballroom
HOW TO PURCHASE YOUR TICKET
- Online by clicking on the picture of the hands in the right margin of the website (womenqc.com).
- Access the RESERVATION FORM to order tickets for groups. Send a list of attendees and pay by one check. Your tickets will be delivered to you.
- Contact Bobbi Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 625-9353
Tickets will NOT be sold during the Fashion Show next Monday.
Bobbi began her government career working for the Morale, Welfare, and Recreation division of the Air Force as the Assistant Director for Youth Activities. She met her husband, Olin (a.k.a. Gordon) in Biloxi, Mississippi while they were both attending government training. Gordon was in the Air Force (AF) and Bobbi was a civilian employee. In 1980, they were married in Alaska and then Gordon was reassigned to Peterson AFB in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
After moving to Colorado Bobbi held the position of Arts and Crafts Center Director at Peterson AFB. When Gordon retired from the Air Force they moved to Denver where Bobbi worked as the Site Manager of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Training Academy Annex. Looking back on her many government positions her most enjoyable job was working for the VA as an Equal Employment Opportunity Investigator.
As much as Bobbi and Gordon enjoyed beautiful Colorado, the couple decided there was too much snow so they began looking for a warmer climate. After one visit to Quail Creek they knew they were home and moved from Monument, Colorado.
Bobbi currently serves as TWOQC Activities Coordinator. She enjoys interacting with fellow members by helping the Club sell program tickets and working behind the scenes as a support person.
Homeless & Hospitalized Veterans
Due to the Fashion Show on Monday, there will be no tables for collecting items for the VA. Donations may be left at Laura Colbert’s house, 2040 E Cypress Canyon Drive or at Peggy McGee’s, 1908 E Longspur Place. If you leave items, please indicate if you want a receipt for tax purposes along with your name, address, phone number and approximate value of your donation. Laura is planning a trip to the VA on February 28, so please provide your donations by the 27th.
Honor Flight: April 23-24
Now is the time to write a note of appreciation to the Korean War and Vietnam Veterans for their service to our country. Fifty-five letters (which may be copies of one original) are due by April 8th to Kay Robinson, 898 N. Kenneth Drive. Click for SAMPLES OF WAYS TO BEGIN YOUR NOTES
(♦) public event
- Feb. 25 – 10 a.m.→American Cancer Society Fashion Show (♦)
- Mar. 4 – 7 p.m.→Lecture Series: National Geographic Vision – A Career Photographer’s Portfolio (♦)
- Mar. 18 – 3-5 p.m.→15th Anniversary Monte Carlo Celebration Party: GET YOUR TICKETS!
- Apr. 23-24 →Honor Flight #27 (rescheduled from Sept 2018) (♦)
- Apr. 29 – 6:30 p.m.→Scholarship Recognition
- May 20 – 6:30 p.m.→YOTO Ambassador Program
- June 24 – 11:30 a.m.→Summer Luncheon: Folkloric Dance Group
- July 29 – 6:30 p.m.→Color Me Beautiful
- Aug. 26 – 6:30 p.m.→Holiday Tablescapes Contest & Ice Cream Social
- Sept. 30 – 6:30 p.m.→Veteran’s Clothing Drive Prequel
- Oct. 28 – 11:00 a.m.→Membership Brunch: Amber Norgaard
- Nov. 11 – 6:30 p.m.→(program info forthcoming)
- Dec. 9 – 11:00 a.m.→Holiday Luncheon
- Print the Schedule of Events
- Check the Online Calendar for general & committee meetings, events reservation dates, ticket selling dates, & other deadlines (as they become available)
- Programs & events (topics, dates, & times) are subject to change. Topic details will be posted as the information becomes available.
- Questions? Contact: email@example.com
WHAT IS THE FRIDAY MORNING MESSAGE? The Friday Morning Message is a weekly message from the President compiled from shared updates of club events and committee activity. LEARN MORE
“Thank you” to this week’s contributors: Yasmin John-Thorpe, Peggy McGee/Carol Mutter, and Kay Robinson.