E-NEWSLETTER ∴ September 20, 2021
- President’s Message
- Javelina Hoedown Update (last chance for tickets)
- Fall Membership Drive
- Programs & Events (September, October)
- VA Can & Paper Goods Drive (October)
Fall is here and we’re returning to some normalcy. It’s been wonderful to see so many of you coming to our Small Group programs and our monthly events. We have lots more activities for you to enjoy in the coming months.
We need members to volunteer for open Board positions. These are two-year terms. Serving on the Board is fulfilling and exciting. Please bring your skills to our Board as President Elect, Secretary, and Publicity and Community Outreach Directors. Your participation is critical to our Club. If you would like to know anything further about these open positions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
∴ JAVELINA HOEDOWN UPDATE ∴
This will be the last newsletter before the Javelina Hoedown. The next addition will be in October where you will read about what a really great time we all had… dancing, eating, basket drawings, Traeger Grill drawing, Quail glasses, the silent auction and of course, sharing all of this with neighbors and friends, both new and old. So, don’t be the one who reads about this event, instead be the one who attended and doing the “Funky Chicken” in your dreams.
The Javelina Hoedown is the biggest charity event The Women of Quail Creek will be sponsoring for 2021. The funds that our membership and community help raise will be used to award our scholarships, feed and help house the many needy in our own community. Thank you so much for your ♥generous donations♥ of both time and money.
FINAL TICKET $ALE DATES
Wed., Sept. 22 (6:00-6:45pm) ↔Madera Clubhouse – lobby
Fri., Sept. 24 (4:30-6:30pm) ↔Grill – entrance
Sun., Sept. 26 (10am-12noon) ↔Grill – entrance
Mon., Sept. 27 (5:30-6:15pm) ↔Madera Clubhouse – lobby
∴ FALL MEMBERSHIP DRIVE ∴
How to Submit Your 2022 Dues
- Mail a check to: Alphie Smith, 600 N Hale Drive (Green Valley AZ 85614), or drop off your dues in an envelope in the Membership Box on her front porch.
- Along with the check, include your name, email address, plus any other profile updates in your contact information so we can update our database.
- A membership form is not necessary.
- Attend an upcoming monthly program or luncheon this fall and pay your dues at the membership table. Exception: Dues will not be collected during the Javelina Hoedown.
Returning or New Members:
- Returning – If you took a break and will be returning to the club, you will need to fill out a new membership form stating that you are a returning member, and submit it along with your 2022 dues payment. We hope that you rejoin so that you can participate in the small group offerings, as well as many other social events and programs.
- New – This is also the perfect time for new members to join. Your 2022 dues will cover the last three months of 2021 so that you can immediately meet new friends, enjoy educational activities, and partake in our charitable giving programs. Access a membership form, state that you are a new member, and mail or drop it off with your 2022 dues payment following the steps above.
The Membership Drive ends January 15, 2022. If you have any questions, please contact Alphie, Membership Director (520-347-6022 or email@example.com).
Small group events are a big hit with TWOQC members. Listed below are the dates and many new programs will be available for September and October. Mark your calendar and watch for announcements from GroupWorks. We continue to look for more program ideas and hostesses. If every one of our over 300 members offered one program, just think about how many fantastic programs we could offer.
September 21: Genealogy Group Field Trip to La Posada Genealogy Library.
September 22: The Gardeners’ Group welcomes Aliceann Christy, who will share tips for successful gardening in Southern Arizona.
September 28: True Life Adventures book discussion with Carol Michels.
October 5: Frannie Vanselow hosts a “Pumpkin Lovers Brunch” In-My-Kitchen event.
October 9: Javelina Hoedown
October 13: Classics Revisited book discussion led by Margie Williams.
- October 25: Membership Luncheon – Roaring Twenties theme
∴ VA CAN & PAPER GOODS DRIVE ∴
Mark your calendar!! The annual VA Can Goods Drive will be on Saturday, October 30th from 9-11 am. TWOQC’s Funding and Giving Committee will be sponsoring the canned and paper goods drive for the homeless veterans served by the VA Hospital. Please watch for updates as to the locations of the drop-off points.
Programs & Events (topics, locations, dates, & times) are subject to change.
Questions? Use the CONTACT US (form) or reach out directly to:
Contributors, this edition: Becky A. (president’s message) ∴ Marianne C. (e-news design & delivery) ∴ Nancy J. (F&G hoedown) ∴ Nancy J./Peggy M. (canned goods drive) ∴ Sharon P. (programs) ∴ Alphie S. (membership drive). Publishing Team: President, Webmaster, Publicity Director.