March 22, 2019 — President’s Message:
- 15th Anniversary and Party
- Something New Is In The Air: FMM SHORTS
- Member’s Corner: Spotlight on Tessie Hagerich
- Upcoming Events
We want to hear from you. We would like your assessment of the Casino party. If you did not attend, please share your reasons.
You are providing valuable information for future event planning. Please take a moment for this very SHORT SURVEY. Thank you.
Now the Party Fun!
The glamorous and gorgeous TWOQC chicks ventured out for a bit of high rolling Monday afternoon at the Madera Ballroom. The much-anticipated event was the 15th Anniversary celebration of the founding of our organization in 2004. Original Board members, Jan Howard and Suellen Vatter, were honored guests.
The fun began with a rousing toast to 15 years of friendship and service. The passed appetizers of stuffed dates and mushrooms, wrapped asparagus, mini quiches, and ham bites arrived. Ladies fanned out to slot machines: Black Jack, Roulette and Poker tables, and the Wheel of Fortune. The gaming tables were completely occupied until party’s end. High rollers and beginners were greeted by friendly dealers and attendants. Promptly at 4:45 the playing stopped and everyone counted their chips. The winners of exciting gift certificates were:
- 3rd Place Janet Mathis ($50 Starbucks)
- 2nd Place Pam Hartwell-James ($100 Modern Beauty Bar)
- 1st Place Patty Ackerman ($115 Tubac Golf Resort Spa plus bracelet & earrings)
Shout Outs and Many Thanks to:
- Marianne Cobarrubias, Webmaster, for a fabulous video recap (“13-minutes of 15-years of memories“), and for background music to set the scene.
- Eileen Sykora, Club Photographer, for scores of fun casino pictures. Also to Diane Quinn and Sandi Beach for their photos added to the online photo album.
- The Decorations Team, chaired by Sandi Beach, who turned the ballroom into a festive casino atmosphere.
- The Planning Committee, chaired by Carol Mutter, that made it all possible.
Everyone had a fun and memorable afternoon. Enjoy this photo album LINK.
Something New Is In The Air
The Friday Morning Message is taking on a new look!
Beginning in April, the message will be delivered and posted to our website every other week. The (new!) Friday Morning Message Shorts (a.k.a. FMM Shorts) will be the alternate news release. During those “between weeks” information may be found on the website at the top of the homepage (womenqc.com).
FMM Shorts will be composed of updates, reminders and alerts. The publishing team along with the Executive Board is committed to providing information that is relevant and fresh. We want to ensure readership and promote the use of our powerful website.
Click or tap THIS LINK for a Schedule of regular FMM dates and a quick FAQ.
Member Spotlight: Tessie Hagerich
Tessie is a medical technician and has enjoyed working in her chosen profession. However, while living in South Florida she took a much needed hiatus from a position in an intercity trauma center to do budgeting for the school district.
Tessie and her husband, Keith, (who was her high school sweetheart) enjoy traveling to visit their children in Philadelphia and Atlanta. The couple moved to Quail Creek in 2016 from Great Falls, Montana. It was their thirteenth relocation as they were required to make many moves around the country for their careers. They hope this is the final stop as they both absolutely love Quail Creek.
Tessie can be seen out and about with her dog, Beaux, who takes her on their daily walk. Tessie is a member of the Fine Arts Club and enjoys painting and taking some of the many classes offered to members. She joined The Women of Quail Creek shortly after moving here and loves having fun by helping out with different worthwhile events and meeting new friends.
SAVE THESE 2019 DATES!
(♦) public event
- Apr. 23-24 →Honor Flight #27 (flight info) (♦)
- Apr. 29 – 6:30 p.m.→Scholarship Recognition (♦)
- May 20 – 6:30 p.m.→YOTO Ambassador Program
- June 24 – 11 a.m.→Summer Luncheon: Folkloric Dance Group
- July 29 – 6:30 p.m.→Color Me Beautiful
- Aug. 26 – 6:30 p.m.→Holiday Tablescapes Contest & Ice Cream Social
- Sept. 30 – 6:30 p.m.→Veteran’s Clothing Drive Prequel
- Oct. 28 – 11 a.m.→Membership Brunch: Amber Norgaard
- Nov. 11 – 6:30 p.m.→(program info forthcoming)
- Dec. 9 – 11 a.m.→Holiday Luncheon
- Print the Schedule of Events
- Check the Online Calendar for general & committee meetings, events reservation dates, ticket selling dates, & other deadlines (as they become available)
- Programs & events (topics, dates, & times) are subject to change. Topic details will be posted as the information becomes available.
- Questions? Contact: email@example.com
WHAT IS THE FRIDAY MORNING MESSAGE? The Friday Morning Message is a message from the President compiled from shared updates of club events and committee activity. LEARN MORE
Thank you to the contributors of this FMM: Yasmin John-Thorpe, and Eileen Sykora. Publishing Team: President, 1st Vice President, and Webmaster.