Small-Group Activities & Virtual Webinar Events
- All small-group activities will take place outside.
- Class sizes are limited.
- Masks are required for all.
- Wear your TWOQC nametag (so you can get to know each other).
- For small-group reservations, contact Activities Coordinator email@example.com.
- When possible, register at least 2-days in advance unless otherwise indicated.
- Virtual events: Members will receive login information prior to each program.
- Do you have Interest Group ideas you would be willing to coordinate & lead? Click/tap HERE for more information.
- For program questions, contact Programs Director firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, January 25 – 6:30 PM: Our first “Trivia Challenge” on Zoom. Participants will be divided into teams to compete for the title of “Trivia Champs of the Month.” This event promises to be lots of fun for everyone, and a great opportunity to meet new people. With enough support, this may become a monthly event. (Zoom event)
Wednesday, January 27 – 11 AM: Sue Ann Obremski will present spring-themed craft ideas via Zoom. Sue Ann is a gifted crafter and seamstress, and her classes are always both inspiring and fun. She will demonstrate creative ideas for Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, and Passover. Don’t miss this one! (Zoom event)
Friday, January 29 – 1 PM: “On the Go” group will offer an excursion to Canoa Ranch to see the wintering waterfowl. Bird expert Nick Pulcinella will be with us to help with identification, and to offer some insight into their habits and migration. The group will be limited to 6 people plus the 2 leaders. Participants must provide their own transportation. Details will be emailed to the 6 members who register prior to the event. (Small-group)
Thursday, February 11 – 1 PM: Janet Rumford will be hosting another of her popular rock painting classes on her patio just in time for Valentine’s Day. Rocks, paint, and brushes will be provided. There will be a $5 fee to cover these supplies. The group is limited to 5 plus the hostess. Details will be emailed to the 5 members who register prior to the event. (Small-group)
More possibilities to come…
Tuesday, February 16: Pruning Desert Plants (Zoom)
Monday, February 22: Trivia Challenge (Zoom)
Tuesday, February 23: Books & Wine (Small-group)
From the Programs Director (Jan. 15, 2021) – Small-group offerings may include trivia nights, craft tutorials, book discussions, an “On the Go” program that will take excursions to various places of interest, and virtual presentations on a variety of topics. An “In My Kitchen” cooking program will also be starting up sometime toward the end of the summer to share the joy of cooking in the intimate setting of someone’s kitchen.