Small-Group Activities & Virtual Webinar Events
- All small-group activities will take place outside.
- Class sizes are limited.
- Masks are required for all.
- Wear your TWOQC nametag (so you can get to know each other).
- Book your reservation on GroupWorks (groupworks.com).
- When possible, register at least 2-days in advance unless otherwise indicated.
- Virtual events: Registered members will receive login information prior to each event.
- If you do not receive an email confirmation within 48-hours of making your reservation, contact the Activities Coordinator (email@example.com or 520-625-9353).
- New to GroupWorks and need help? Contact TWOQC’s GroupWorks Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
♦ PROGRAM DETAILS ARE ON GROUPWORKS
- Rescheduled for APRIL 6
March 16(10 AM) – This hike with Pat Neel to the Santa Rita Experimental Range on March 16th filled within hours and promises to be both enjoyable and educational. THIS EVENT IS FULL!
- MARCH 18 (9 AM) – Another hiking opportunity is on Thursday, March 18th with Doug and Dinah Shumway, who will be leading a “Helvetia Adventure” to view the remains of this fascinating deserted mining settlement, see the petroglyphs there, and learn about rocks, geologic time, and minerals of the area. THIS EVENT IS FULL!
- MARCH 19 (10 AM) – NEW Touch the Future-Give a Child a Book. Books change lives. If you would be interested in changing the life of a child through reading, join us at our first meeting to organize a book drive for the children of San Xavier Mission School.
- MARCH 22 (3 PM) – The Trivia Challenge returns! Join us for a little brain-teasing, camaraderie, and fun! Who will be this month’s Trivia Champs?
- MARCH 25 (10:30 AM) – Thursday, March 25th, Project Coordinator Chuck Parsons will meet our group for a tour of the various garden areas within the Desert Meadows Park. THIS EVENT IS FULL!
- MARCH 30 (10 AM) – Would you like to know more about how to boost your energy and immunity, reduce stress, and get a better night’s sleep? Register for Mary Brooks’ Zoom presentation on March 30th. Mary is a health coach with a Master’s degree in health education.
♦ From the Programs Director
Jan. 15, 2021 – Small-group offerings may include trivia nights, craft tutorials, book discussions, an “On the Go” program that will take excursions to various places of interest, and virtual presentations on a variety of topics. An “In My Kitchen” cooking program will also be starting up sometime toward the end of the summer to share the joy of cooking in the intimate setting of someone’s kitchen.
Would you be willing to host a small group event?
Do you have Interest Group ideas you would be willing to coordinate & lead? Don’t underestimate what you have to offer! What may seem like something “simple” to you may be totally new to others. We would love to hear from you! You can choose your date. Small groups are limited to 5 in an outdoor (patio) setting plus the instructor. Send an e-mail to Sharon Pulcinella (email@example.com) if you would like to share your hobby or interest with others. Access THIS LINK for more information.