Tickets for the summer luncheon to be held on Monday, June 29, will be on sale on Thursday, June 11 from 10 AM – noon in the Clubhouse lobby. If you wish to sit with friends at the same table, we recommend that you buy all the tickets together. The theme for the day will be American Cowgirls Celebrate the Fourth. There will be a photo op with Uncle Sam, too.
The menu will feature a Chicken Salad stuffed tomato with blueberries over mixed greens, roll, and strawberry shortcake for dessert. The bar, which opens at 11:30, will offer Prickly Pear margaritas for $4. The Ballet Folklorico San Juan will perform authentic Hispanic folk dances dressed in the traditional brightly colored costumes of folklorico. Please consider bringing a donation of food or household products for our annual collection for the National Guard. More details as the date gets closer.
Do you need a Father’s Day gift for your husband—33 Grilling recipes are in the cookbook–or a hostess gift for when you travel back home? Only $15, with all proceeds going to victims of domestic abuse in the local area. Cookbooks will also be on sale on Thursday, June 11 from 10 AM – noon in the Clubhouse lobby. If you can’t make it that day, please contact me at email@example.com to arrange for pick-up.
The next coupon clipping party will be on Friday, June 26, at 9 a.m. at the Connell sisters’ house, 539 Ramos Lane. You will be finished by noon. Please help if you can spare a couple hours. Great snacks too thanks to the hostesses. For those clipping and sorting coupons at home, expiration date for coupons being sent overseas is May 15 or later. Coupons for the National Guard should expire after July 15.
This is a very time-consuming program and Lois and Janet Connell who have been heading the program for the past 3 years have decided they need a break from managing the program though will still help out with reports, if needed:
- We are looking for someone willing to take over the program.
- Lois & Janet will train anyone who steps up to fill the role.
- Or perhaps, ladies from the different QC units would like to take on the project for their unit and then the coupons from the different units would be combined and sent overseas with TWOQC paying the postage.
- I will continue to take the coupons that expire in the future to the NG.
- Another option might be to have someone different each month host the clipping party at her house.
- If you are willing to help, please send Lois Connell an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOOD BANK THANK YOU
We received a thank you from the Food Bank for our collection at the April meeting. You can find it HERE.
A couple more photos have been added. The wreath Sandi Beach made is clearly visible.
Have a great week and stay hydrated — summer is here even if the calendar hasn’t said so.