In order to avoid the rush on the day of the brunch, we will start taking membership renewals and accept new members at the September 28 meeting. Anyone paying on that date will have their dues paid until December 31, 2016. Forms are in TWOQC’s slot in the hallway as well as on the website. The Word document form on the website gives one the opportunity to type in the information. This makes it much easier for the membership and Internet team to get the email address right the first time. Download the membership form here!
We have ordered thermal hunter green totes with a gold quail to raise money for the scholarship fund. They will be available for purchase at the September 28 meeting.
These totes are of a different shape than the first totes but have about the same amount of storage space. The totes will sell for $7 or 3 for $20.
SEPTEMBER 28 MEETING
Dressing on a Shoestring will be the topic for the September 28 meeting at 6:30 in the Ballroom. Tammi Graham from JusTammi’s Boutique will demonstrate how to take clothing from past seasons and make it look brand new, thus saving money. She will show how mixing and matching items and coordinating accessories can create a stylish age-appropriate wardrobe. You’ll learn what distinguishes timeless vintage clothing worth saving from items that are simply old and outdated. Additionally, Tammi will address body-image issues that persist among women—chicken wings anyone? She’ll share tips and tricks to camouflage those less than perfect body areas and how to accentuate positive features.
MEMBERSHIP APPRECIATION BRUNCH
- The brunch will be held on Monday, October 26 at 11 a.m.
- The menu will feature the Quail Creek Grilled Chicken Salad with grapefruit segments, sliced apples, berries, Mandarin oranges, jicama, served with raspberry vinaigrette and rolls. Dessert will be chocolate mousse with berries.
- There is no charge for the brunch for members.
- Cost for guests will be $15.50.
- Reservations are required and ladies will need a brunch ticket to attend.
- Tickets can be obtained starting at 5:30 p.m. on September 28.
- Those wishing to be seated together with friends should make reservations at the same time.
Coupons for the next shipment to the two overseas bases that the club supports should expire August 15 or later. Coupons can be dropped off at either Peggy Richmond’s (2731 E. Eba Court) or Judy Poffenbarger’s (2390 E Bluejay Bluff Lane) house. Peggy and Judy will be shipping this month’s coupons on October 1 so you may also bring coupons to the meeting on the 28th
Coupons for the National Guard should expire October 21 or later. Check the website for how these should be sorted.
CLOTHING DRIVE FOR HOMELESS AND HOSPITALIZED VETERANS
As the weather gets cooler and you begin getting out clothing for the cooler evenings, please consider setting aside items to donate to the homeless veterans.
- The annual clothing drive will take place on Saturday, October 31 from 9-11 in the Madera parking lot.
- The homeless will need warm clothing such as hoodies, sweatshirts and knitted scarves and hats.
- New and gently used clothing will be accepted if used items are clean and in good condition.
- Socks and underwear must be new.
- Backpacks are always appreciated.
- In addition to warm clothing for both men and women, donations of unused travel sized toiletries will be accepted.
- Hospitalized veterans love to get notepads, greeting cards and calendars.
Thanks to all who supported the September Honor Flight by either writing letters and/or going to the airport to greet the veterans. Member Joette Schenck was guardian for Don Peterson. She said he had so much energy that he was a challenge to keep up with.
For more pictures of Don, see Sept. 2015 Honor Flight on the Photos & Videos page.