MARCH FIELD TRIP: Reid Park Zoo
Due to an emergency, there is only one ticket left for Monday’s trip.
- Tickets are $40 ($45 for non-members). You may contact Nancy Wilson with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be at the Madera Clubhouse by 8:30am but no later than 8:45am for check-in as the buses will depart from the Clubhouse promptly at 9:00am on Monday, March 28, and return around 4:00pm.
- If you plan on purchasing tickets for margaritas or wine at lunch please bring correct change ($5 per ticket) as we will not be keeping a bank on the bus.
- Suggestions are to wear comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen and possibly a hat.
- Water will be available at the zoo all day.
- There will be free time to visit the gift shop and/or explore the zoo on your own. Your bus “leader” will explain where you will need to be when.
- If you’d like to participate in the Baby Bottle Bus Challenge, be sure to bring any loose change, dollars or checks to stuff in the Big Baby Bottles for the “baby’s starter college fund”. We appreciate all of you who choose to participate in this fun game of… which bus will win?
If a last minute emergency occurs and you can’t attend for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible (even if it is that morning – we need to know). This way we won’t wonder if you are on your way as the buses are leaving the parking lot. By Sunday evening: call Peggy McGee (207-6188 home), Janice Pell (405-9731 cell), or Nancy Wilson (400-0488 cell). If you need to cancel Monday morning, call Janice or Nancy on their cell phone prior to 9:00am.
“Read Me A Story” BABY SHOWER
Please remember the upcoming Zoo Field Trip. We appreciate any of you who choose to donate your loose change, bills, checks for the Baby Bottle pass on the buses! This is a great way for young parents to start a savings account or for Baby’s College Starter Fund!
For a list of contributions needed for the baby shower please access THIS LINK.
Please contact Pamela Rodgers with any questions at 520-561-7969 or email@example.com. Donations may also be dropped off at her home, 2640 E. Sawyer Road (drop box on front porch) or call she will be glad to pick them up in the Quail Creek/Green Valley area. (Photo: Diane Quinn)
The next Honor Flight will be departing Tucson Airport on Saturday, April 23 at 6:30am and returning to Tucson on Monday, April 25 at 5:50pm. If you have never been at the airport to send off or greet these Veterans when they return, I highly recommend you do whatever it takes to participate in this event. It is a very emotional and patriotic opportunity! Please consider writing letters to the Vets on this flight thanking them and honoring them for their service to our country. The appreciation is overwhelming!
- For names of the 25 Veterans on the upcoming flight please access THIS LIST.
- For further information you can access the Honor Flight website at honorflightaz.org.
- You may also contact Karen Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nancy Lammers at email@example.com.
- Letters for the Veterans may be dropped off at Karen’s home @475 N. Keyes Road. Karen has a box on the front porch for you to place the letters.
- Letters must be submitted no later than April 11th.
Many thanks for your support and contributions!
Youth On Their Own (YOTO)
If you didn’t get a chance to purchase an apron at the Spring Crafts Festival and want one before our next program, please contact Peggy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-6188 to arrange for pick-up.
If you are going to someone’s house for Easter, you might consider an apron to take as a hostess gift. Aprons are $18 or 2 for $35 with all proceeds going to Youth on Their Own, a non-profit whose mission is to keep homeless teens in school. To learn more about this program please click the banner below.
Coupons for National Guard should expire April 10th or later. They especially appreciate the restaurant coupons—it seems they tend to eat out after the weekend drills. The expiration date for overseas is the first of the month BEFORE the current month. Clipped and sorted coupons for the National Guard may be dropped off at the following locations:
- Peggy Richmond’s (2731 E. Eba Court)
- Judy Poffenbarger’s (2390 E. Bluejay Bluff Lane)
- Lois and Janet Connell’s house (529 N. Ramos Lane)
REMINDER: There is no regular coupon program at this time. Please drop off coupons at Judy and Peggy’s houses before the end of the month. [HOW TO SORT COUPONS…]
April 25 – 6:30pm …Prickly Pear Cactus presented by Cheri Romanoski, and TWOQC Scholarship Award Presentation. You might start preparing for our semi-annual collection for the food bank. We will be taking donations at this program!
May 23 – 6:30pm …Tucson Girls Chorus
June 27 – 12:30pm …Summer Luncheon: The Arizona Balalaika Orchestra will be performing under the direction of Mia Bulgarin Gay. Tickets for the lunch will go on sale prior to the May 23rd program. Get your plans made – only ten seats at a table please! [MORE PROGRAMS…]
Please follow us on social media. Like & Share our page: Facebook.com/twoqc