This week’s Friday Morning Message: Jeopardy in July | Honor Flight | YOTO School Supply Drive | Veteran’s Clothing Drive | Save the Date! Upcoming Events
July “JEOPARDY” Program
JEOPARDY is coming to Quail Creek on Monday, July 31 at 6:30 p.m. Six contestants will be chosen to participate to win cash and other prizes. To become a Quail Creek Jeopardy contestant, send a brief introduction of yourself to Kathe Alves, Programs Chair at «email@example.com».
Contestants will be selected the night of the event. The audience will have a chance to win prizes as well. Brush up on Arizona and Quail Creek trivia!
Honor Flight #23 – Coming in September
Honor Flight #23 out of Tucson will be honoring 66 WWII, Korean and Vietnam Veterans with an all-expense paid trip to Washington DC to see the WWII and Korean Memorial and the Vietnam Wall built in their honor. The focus is about thanking our veterans for the service and sacrifice they made so many years ago for the freedoms we enjoy today. On the return flight they all have a surprise of mail call – the same kind that kept their spirits alive during the war. These notes and letters are a valuable and tangible keepsake of their trip.
Write letters and notes to “Dear Hero” and write their first name and last initial on the envelope. Please do not seal the envelope due to last-minute changes, and include a few extras “To A Veteran” if you would like. Letters and notes may be delivered to Kay Robinson at 898 N. Kenneth Dr. no later than August 15 or you may bring them to the July program. Thank you for honoring our veterans. «Honor Flight List of Names»
Youth On Their Own (YOTO) School Supply Drive
With the new school year fast approaching, YOTO’s students are in need of new school supplies. Beginning July 1, The Women of Quail Creek and YOTO are partnering (along with 14 other businesses and organizations) to collect school supplies for YOTO students studying in middle and high schools. Quail Creek’s Madera Clubhouse is serving as one of two drop-off locations in the southern Pima County area. The most pressing need is for adult-sized backpacks. Other items YOTO is suggesting are «on this list».
Items can be left at the Madera Clubhouse anytime during open hours. Items left for donation will be collected on a regular basis and distributed to YOTO’s offices in Tucson. For further information about this project you may contact «firstname.lastname@example.org».
Veteran’s Clothing Drive
Thank you to all for volunteering for the clothing drive this year. There will be an informational meeting on Wednesday, July 12 at 3:00 p.m. in the Kino Conference Center (Mesquite Room). All volunteers are encouraged to attend. Discussion will include the job positions that are open and reviewing details of the morning to make this event a smooth success. Names will be taken of those with special needs (can’t lift anything heavy, can only work an hour, or those who can only work early) so that we can accommodate our volunteers as best as we can in suitable jobs.
The VA Clothing Drive will be held on Saturday, October 21, 2017. If you have previously signed up to volunteer and find that you cannot participate, please email Laura Colbert so she can take you off the list.
If you have any questions, please contact Laura at 625-4033 (home) or 373-4791 (cell) or «email@example.com». Click flyer to enlarge.
- July 31 – 6:30 p.m. ::: JEOPARDY! (more info)
- August 28 – 6:30 p.m. ::: Skincare (Rebecca, Continental Spa)
- September 25 – 6:30 p.m. ::: YOTO (Kristyn Connor)
- Oct. 9 – 7:00 p.m. ::: Lecture Series: Navajo Rugs (sponsored by Scholarship Committee, more info)
- Oct. 21 – 9:00 a.m. ::: Clothing Drive for Homeless Veterans (more info)
- Oct. 23 – 6:00 p.m. ::: Lecture Series: Home-Crafted Beers (sponsored by Scholarship Committee)
- Oct. 29 – 4:00 p.m. ::: Oktoberfest: Scholarships Fundraiser (more info)
- Oct. 30 – 11:00 a.m. ::: Membership Brunch (Green Valley Big Band)
- Nov. 4 – 9:00 a.m. ::: Fall Festival Arts & Crafts Show (ends: 4pm)
- Nov. 5 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Fall Festival Arts & Crafts Show (ends: 3pm)
- Nov. 13 – 6:30 p.m. ::: Women in American History (Sharon Anderson)
- December 11 – 12:00 p.m. ::: Holiday Luncheon
- 2018: Wednesday, February 7 ::: Fashion Show (Dillard’s apparel)
- Download and print: «Schedule of Events»
- Check the «Calendar of Events» for committee meetings, events reservation dates, & other deadline dates
- Check «Events/Notices» for event details (when available)
- Questions? Email Kathe, Programs Chair: «firstname.lastname@example.org»