This week’s Friday Morning Message: December Holiday Luncheon | Sponsor a YOTO Student for the Holidays | 2018 Military Baby Shower | Logo Items | Homeless Veterans Holiday Party | Homeless Veterans | November Program | Thank You Greeters | In Case You Missed It | Upcoming Events
December Holiday Luncheon
The Continental School Jazz Band and Chamber Orchestra will provide entertainment for the Holiday Luncheon Monday, December 11, 2017. We are truly privileged to be able to enjoy the efforts of these talented local youth making beautiful music. Come and enjoy the festive holiday season music.
A few single tables are still available for the Holiday Luncheon. If you have plans to attend, please get your seats now. Final sales of seats for the Luncheon will be December 4th.
Raffle ticket sales for the gingerbread man center pieces have started. You may purchase your tickets from Nancy Jacobs at $1.00 per ticket or 6 tickets for $5.00. The final sale of raffle tickets will be the day of the luncheon on December 11th prior to the start of the luncheon.
For those of you who have purchased your seats and feel you might have forgotten your table number, don’t be concerned the table number will be beside your name when you check in at registration.
- Luncheon registration will begin at 11:00, the bar will open at 11:30, program begins at 12:00 p.m. and lunch will be served at 12:30
- Seating for members and first-time guests is $20
- If you are purchasing for multiple persons please have the names of each person when you pay
- Please contact Nancy Jacobs at (970) 946-3910 to reserve your seat(s)
The holiday menu for the Luncheon will be: Roasted turkey breast with mashed potatoes (gravy served on both the turkey and the potatoes), cranberry walnut dressing, homemade cranberry sauce will be on the table, and rolls & butter. Dessert will be Gingerbread cookies with icing and red & green sprinkles.
Sponsor a YOTO Student for the Holidays
If you want to sponsor a student from Youth On Their Own for the holidays and haven’t yet picked up a name you may get one from the box by Diane Quinn’s front door at 2276 E Skywalker Way. Completed gift bags should be brought to the December 11 Holiday luncheon or taken to Diane’s house before Dec 10. Complete instructions are included with each holiday card. For more information contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Military Baby Shower
Just a reminder that the next meeting is on December 6th, 10:00 to 11:30 at the Kino Conference Room.
We already have seven moms signed up. Bring your ideas with you!
If you need a last-minute hostess gift for Thanksgiving dinner, please consider a:
- thermal tote ($7 or 3 for $20)
- wine tote ($4 or 3 for $10)
- apron ($15-$18)
- Pilsner glass ($8)
All items have our logo, the fanciful quail on them. The wine totes and glasses will be delivered the afternoon of November 21. Aprons and thermal totes are available now. Contact Pat at email@example.com or by calling 625-4476 to order. All proceeds go towards scholarships for the two local high schools and a woman in transition.
Holiday Party for Homeless Veterans
The annual party will take place in the auditorium at the VA hospital on Monday, December 4. They are looking for a few volunteers to help with set-up and food serving at the event as well as in the clothing distribution room after the lunch. Volunteers can arrive anytime after 7:30 to set tables and assist as needed. Lunch will be served at 11. You can enjoy lunch with the veterans, thank them for their service and offer words of encouragement. If you’d like to help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so she will know how many reserved parking passes to pick up. You will be finished by 1:30.
The VA rep from the Sierra Vista office sends her since sincere thanks to all who responded to the urgent plea for toilet paper. She remarked that the 40 rolls of TP would be like gold to her clients.
Laura Colbert would like to also thank everyone who donated items Monday night for the homeless veterans as her trunk was full for delivery on Tuesday. The VA is always so appreciative of what we give.
Sharon Rezac Anderson presented the speeches of five women in history: Sojourner Truth, Susan B. Anthony, Eleanor Roosevelt, Rosa Parks, and Wilma Mankiller to TWOQC’s program on Monday, November 13th.
The meeting was well attended and appreciated by the ladies. Sharon generously contributed her speaker’s honorarium to the Scholarship Committee to benefit the education of local women. Thank you, Sharon.
Thank You TWOQC Greeters
A big thank you to Jean Duynslager and the team of warm and welcoming greeters that met all attendees at the Monday evening program:
Cathy Alban, Linda Bradley, Deb Bryant, Celeste Eastman, Louise Engstrom, Kathi Kreig, Sylvia Perry, Bonnie Vanni
Your help checking in our members, guests and assisting with renewals forms was so appreciated.
In Case You Missed It
There was a minor snafu in uploading the Tucson VA’s appreciation video in last week’s emailed version of the Friday Morning Message. The video may now be found in the 2017 Clothing Drive photo album HERE. Be sure to click the arrow so the video will begin playing.
(♦) public event
- Dec. 11 – 12:00 p.m. ::: Holiday Luncheon (YOTO holiday gift bags)
- Jan. 15 – 7:00 p.m. ::: Lecture Series: Arizona Jaguars (♦)
- Jan. 29 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Tumacacori Mission · Park Ranger
- Feb. 7 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Fashion Show (Dillard’s apparel) (♦)
- Feb. 26 – time TBA ::: Tubac Presidio (Shannon Stone)
- Mar. 12 – 7:00 p.m. ::: Lecture Series: American Turquoise “Collecting with Confidence” (♦)
- Mar. 26 – 9am-4pm ::: Field Trip (Tubac Presidio & Tumacacori Mission)
- May 19 ::: Military Baby Shower
- June 25 ::: Summer Luncheon
- Oct. 29 ::: Membership Brunch
- Dec. 10 ::: Holiday Luncheon
- Print: Schedule of Events
- Check: Calendar of Events for committee meetings, events reservation dates, other deadlines
- Check: Events/Notices for event details (when available)
- Questions: Email Kathe, Programs Chair: email@example.com