Submission Guidelines & Instructions
Unless otherwise instructed, email your articles/photos to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit articles in Microsoft Word (or other universal word-processing formats), Excel or PowerPoint.
- No submission in email text format.
- No PDF’s.
- Do not highlight, bold, italicize or bullet the text = zero text formatting.
- Graphic images should be in Jpeg format separately from the text submission (if this is not possible, contact: email@example.com asap).
- All formats not following these guidelines (including password-protected documents, etc.) will be returned to Sender.
It is the responsibility of the person submitting an article/photo to ensure that all names, titles, phone numbers, dates of events, etc. are correct. The editorial deadline is by 12 p.m. three days prior to each monthly e-News publication date. (Deadline: the 12th. E-News published on the 15th.)
Submissions received post-deadline may not be included in the news release for which you intended.
Photo Submission Guidelines
NEVER use the date/stamp on digital or film cameras. This ruins good photos.
DIGITAL CAMERAS – the beauty of a digital camera or smartphone is that you have almost instantaneous feedback on the pictures you’re taking – if you don’t like what you see you can re-shoot your pictures. As with film cameras, the higher the resolution the better the picture quality – minimum resolution 1600×1200 pixels (2 megapixels) is the preferred setting and provides excellent results. HELPFUL HINTS FOR TAKING PHOTOS
- When past deadline, any important changes to a previously submitted (but not launched or scheduled to launch) news release… make sure to send your changes to the President and Webmaster: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Sending to both increases the chance of getting your edits updated and completed if there is time prior to the launch/scheduled launch.
- Only edits of great importance will be considered.