Because of the Memorial Day weekend, our next meeting will be held May 18 at 6:30 p.m. Eric Clark from Civano Nursery will impart tips and advise on how best to prepare gardens for the upcoming monsoon. Door prizes will be garden oriented.
We will start to sell tickets for the summer luncheon at 5:30 p.m. on May 18. Cost is $18.
- Luncheon date is June 29th.
- The theme for the day will be American Cowgirls Celebrate the Fourth.
- The menu will feature a Chicken Salad stuffed tomato with blueberries over mixed greens, roll, and strawberry shortcake for dessert.
- The bar, which opens at 11:30, will offer Prickly Pear margaritas for $4.
- Entertainment by Ballet Folklorico San Juan who will perform authentic Hispanic folk dances dressed in the traditional brightly colored costumes of folkorico.
If you need a hostess gift for family or friends as you head for cooler locations, a cookbook would make a nice gesture and show those who don’t live here what great cooks we have in our community. Or maybe you need a Mother’s Day gift for your daughters. Contact Nancy Wilson at 207-6830. Just $15 each.
The next coupon clipping party will be held at 9 a.m. on May 15 at the Connell sisters’ house, 539 Ramos Lane. You will be finished by noon. Please help if you can spare a couple hours. Great brownies! Or in the meantime, stop by their house to see if there are any coupons to be clipped. Thanks to all who helped clip and sort coupons during the past month.
To those who will be leaving us for the summer, safe travels. Thanks for all your support for our programs and projects while you were with us. I am still on a European River Cruise so if you have any questions, please direct them to Janice Pell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s a snippet of some of our adventures so far:
European River Cruise (3 pages).