The brunch will be held on Monday, October 26 at 11 a.m.
- The menu will feature a Quail Creek Grilled Chicken Salad with grapefruit segments, sliced apples, berries, Mandarin oranges, jicama, served with raspberry vinaigrette and rolls. Dessert will be chocolate mousse with berries.
- There is no charge for the brunch for members.
- Cost for guests will be $15.50.
- Reservations are required and ladies will need a brunch ticket to attend.
- Tickets can be obtained from Nancy Wilson on Thursday, October 15 from 9:00AM – 11:00AM in the Clubhouse lobby.
- Those wishing to be seated together with friends should make reservations at the same time.
For questions regarding brunch tickets, contact Nancy at (520) 207-6830.
The totes will be on sale before the Brunch on October 26.
Or if you need one (or more) before then, please contact Scholarship Committee Chair, Pat Neel at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (520) 625-4476.
The totes are $7 each or 3 for $20.
Coupons for the next shipment to the two overseas bases that the club supports should expire September 15 or later. Coupons can be dropped off at either Peggy Richmond’s (2731 E. Eba Court) or Judy Poffenbarger’s (2390 E Bluejay Bluff Lane) house.
Coupons for the National Guard should expire October 21 or later. Check the website for how these should be sorted.
CLOTHING & HOUSEHOLD GOODS DRIVE FOR HOMELESS VETERANS
Mark your calendars for October 31! That’s the date for our annual clothing and household goods drive for homeless veterans. Hope you have started to clean your closets to get ready for this event to help those who have served our country.
- Volunteers will be there to received your donations from 9-11 in the Madera parking lot.
- The homeless will need hoodies, sweatshirts and knitted scarves and hats.
- New and gently used clothing will be accepted if used items are clean and in good condition.
- Socks and underwear must be new.
- Backpacks are always appreciated.
- In addition to warm clothing for both men and women—there are 243 homeless female veterans– donations of unused travel sized toiletries will be accepted.
Mary Lou Kiger is the contact person for the clothing drive. Donations can be dropped off at her house prior to the drive. (Address: 2697 E Sawyer. You might wish to call first: 625-3235.)
Click here for the LIST OF NAMES.
Thank you for supporting the Veteran’s Honor Flight Program! It means SO much to those who have served our country.
Visited Locronan Saturday, October 3rd. Many of the houses and the church were built in the 1600’s and 1700’s.
When the town was restored after WWII, they put in underground utilities so it makes the town look more like it did when it was first built.
Went to St Malo on Friday where we visited Mont St Michel. It was 953 steps to the top. Glad we have been using the stairs on the ship or it would have even been harder. My knees did rebel a bit on the way down. Good weather continues to follow us which sure makes sightseeing more pleasant.
Thank you for all you do to help others.