SEPTEMBER 28 MEETING
I hope you enjoyed Dressing on a Shoestring on September 28. Sorry I had to miss it but it was delightful being in Sweden that day.
See some photos from the event: Dressing on a Shoestring.
On behalf of the membership, thank-you Tammi, for the shopping discount offer!
The brunch will be held on Monday, October 26 at 11 a.m.
- The menu will feature a Quail Creek Grilled Chicken Salad with grapefruit segments, sliced apples, berries, Mandarin oranges, jicama, served with raspberry vinaigrette and rolls. Dessert will be chocolate mousse with berries.
- There is no charge for the brunch for members.
- Cost for guests will be $15.50.
- Reservations are required and ladies will need a brunch ticket to attend.
- Tickets can be obtained from Nancy Wilson on Thursday, October 15 from 9:00AM – 11:00AM in the Clubhouse lobby.
- Those wishing to be seated together with friends should make reservations at the same time.
Brunch ticket questions: contact Nancy at (520) 207-6830.
Thanks too for supporting the thermal totes sales. We sold 50 totes that night for a total of $340 in sales.
The totes will be on sale before the Brunch on October 26.
Or if you need one (or more) before then, please contact Scholarship Committee Chair, Pat Neel at email@example.com or by calling (520) 625-4476.
The totes are $7 each or 3 for $20.
$15 cash or checks payable to TWOQC Charity Account.
Coupons for the next shipment to the two overseas bases that the club supports should expire September 15 or later. Coupons can be dropped off at either Peggy Richmond’s (2731 E. Eba Court) or Judy Poffenbarger’s (2390 E Bluejay Bluff Lane) house. For the month of September we sent $2,091 worth of coupons to the Naval Base in Japan and $4,866 to the Air Force Base in the UK.
Coupons for the National Guard should expire October 21 or later. Check the website for how these should be sorted.
CLOTHING DRIVE FOR HOMELESS AND HOSPITALIZED VETERANS
There are 2,437 homeless veterans in southern Arizona. Of these, 385 have served in either Iraq or Afghanistan and 243 are female.
As the weather gets cooler and you begin getting out clothing for the cooler evenings, please consider setting aside items to donate to the homeless veterans.
- The annual clothing drive will take place on Saturday, October 31 from 9-11 in the Madera parking lot.
- The homeless will need warm clothing such as hoodies, sweatshirts and knitted scarves and hats.
- New and gently used clothing will be accepted if used items are clean and in good condition.
- Socks and underwear must be new.
- Backpacks are always appreciated.
- In addition to warm clothing for both men and women, donations of unused travel sized toiletries will be accepted.
- Hospitalized veterans love to get notepads, greeting cards and calendars.
Mary Lou Kiger is the contact person for the clothing drive. Donations can be dropped off at her house prior to the drive. (Address: 2697 E Sawyer. You might wish to call first: 625-3235.)