Remember the reason for the season and take time to enjoy the company of relatives and friends. Safe travels to all those who are hitting the highways and airways next week.
We hope you all enjoyed the luncheon and Arizona String Quartet last Monday. What a talented group of young musicians. Thanks again to Sandi Beach and her talented team of decorators who made the ballroom look so festive. Photos with Santa as well as some video clips from the event are now posted on the website (click here to view: Holiday Luncheon).
To print individual or group photos:
- Click this link (2015 December Holiday Luncheon “file download”) to open the document
- Scroll through to locate your picture, noting the Page Number it is on
- In your Print Options indicate which Page Number to print (so that you are not printing the entire document of all 57 pictures)
- Need help? Email or call Marianne (MscArbonne@yahoo.com or 664-4588)
- If you do not see your photo in the “file download” but it’s on the Holiday Luncheon page, please let Marianne know and she will get your picture to you via email.
Tickets at $25 for the February 12 Fashion Show will be on sale in front of the Grill on Sunday, December 20 from 11-1. Tickets for the 50-50 raffle will be on sale at the same time. Raffle tickets cost $1 each, 6 for $5, 14 for $10, or 30 for $20. Cash or checks payable to American Cancer Society. For that raffle, one does not have to be present to win.
- We are in need of baskets and more importantly prizes for the raffle to raise funds for cancer research and programs for survivors
- If you receive something for Christmas that is not you, please consider re-gifting it to the Fashion Show
- Or if you get chocolates and have weight loss as a New Year’s resolution, the Fashion Show committee will graciously accept them
- Prizes and baskets may be dropped off at Ginny Hutcheson’s house, 2494 E Bluejay Bluff Lane at any time
- Please put your name, address and items donated on the form in the box so we will be able to acknowledge your donations [… Fashion Show]
There are no more totes to be had and we do not plan to order more this year. Thank you for so eagerly supporting this project. And thanks for so generously feeding the piggies at the holiday luncheon. The pigs coughed up $304.22 for the scholarship fund so we now have a head start for the 2017 scholarships. We won’t start fund raising activities for the 2017 scholarship program until school opens in August. The next project for the scholarship committee will be to review the applications which are due by January 31.
TWOQC FACEBOOK PAGE
Don’t forget to check out our Facebook page and Like us and Share us with your relatives and friends. This week we added a short video about the upcoming Fashion Show. [View & login here: TWOQC Facebook]
The revised By-Laws have been approved as written. [… By-Laws]
HOMELESS & HOSPITALIZED VETERANS
Thank you for your donations for the veterans at the luncheon on Monday. On Wednesday I took one large bag of Christmas gifts, 18.4 lbs. of toiletries, wrapping paper and several bags of greeting and note cards and calendars to the VA. You will help the homeless and hospitalized veterans have a Merry Christmas, secure in the knowledge that they have not been forgotten.
Thanks to all who brought gifts for the ladies at Genesis House to the luncheon this week. If you would still like to donate a gift, you may drop them at Claudia Ullevig’s house, 730 N Alexis Loop. She has a bin out by the front door so you to not have to worry whether she is home or not. Claudia will be taking the gifts to DaZee’s on December 21. Items may also be dropped off at DaZee’s at 231 W Duval Road. They have a special box in the store for holiday presents.
Coupons for next month’s shipment destined for overseas should expire December 1 or later and for the National Guard January 15 or later. Thanks to all who supported this program throughout the year. Expired or soon to expire coupons should be dropped off at Peggy Richmond’s (2731 E. Eba Court) or Judy Poffenbarger’s (2390 E Bluejay Bluff Lane) houses. Clipped and sorted coupons for the National Guard only may also be left at Lois and Janet Connell’s house (539 N. Ramos Lane.) [… Coupons]
Only two more weeks to pay your dues so you don’t get on the delinquent list. Checks for $25 made payable to TWOQC can be dropped at Carol Mutter’s house, 482 Alexis Loop at any time—she has a box by the door so you don’t have to worry whether she is home or not. Registration forms can be found in TWOQC’s slot in the hallway as well as on the website.
[… Membership Information]
A SHARED TABLE
If anyone bought extra copies of A Shared Table and did not use them and would like to sell them, please let me know at email@example.com or 207-6188.
I have had two people contact me in the past week trying to get a copy.
The first planning meeting for the 2016 Baby Shower for Military Moms will be held on Monday, January 11 at 11:00 a.m. in the Kino Conference Center. The shower will be held on June 25. Remember, if you want to attend the shower, you must be a member of the committee.
If anyone has ever visited Patagonia, Argentina, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-6188. I am trying to decide whether to go there for a pre-cruise land tour before I sail to Antarctica next winter. I have gotten mixed reviews, thus my desire to talk with someone who has been there.