As we go into this holiday season and people start travelling, stay safe. Take pride in knowing you have helped so many during this past year.
If something has come up and you cannot attend, please give your ticket to someone else and call Nancy Wilson at (520) 207-6830 to let her know who is substituting for you. Or if you cannot attend and have a friend who is attending, you can ask that she be given a boxed lunch for you. Because we have turned in the final count at Madera, we cannot give refunds for unused meals since the club gets charged for them. The election of officers for 2016 will also take place during the luncheon. Photos with Santa will be taken starting at 11:30. […Holiday Luncheon]
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Tickets for the Fashion Show and luncheon to raise funds for cancer research and programs to help victims of cancer will go on sale on Monday, December 14 at 11 a.m. in the lounge at Madera. The event, featuring outfits from Rose’s Fashions, will take place on Friday, February 12. Members and guests are welcome to attend. Cost is $25 per ticket with checks payable to TWOQC Charity Account.
We will also start selling 50-50 raffle tickets at 11 a.m. on Monday. Tickets are $1 each, 6 for $5, 14 for $10 and 30 for $20. One does not have to attend the fashion show luncheon to be eligible to win the 50-50 raffle.
We are in need of prizes for the raffle so please consider asking your massage therapists, hair dressers, manicurists if they would be willing to donate a product or service that we can use as raffle prizes. We can provide letters of introduction about the fashion show’s purposes as well as receipts for tax purposes for all donations. […Fashion Show]
Totes will be on sale in the back of the ballroom starting at 11 a.m. on December 14. The roomy totes are $7 each or 3 for $20. And please bring your coins (or cash/checks payable to TWOQC Charity Account) since we will be passing the piggy banks for the last time this school year at the holiday luncheon. […Scholarships]
The revised By-Laws are posted on the Website under Organization.
If you have not yet had a chance to review them, please do so and let me know of any recommended changes by December 16. If no recommended changes are received by that date, they will be considered approved as written. […By-Laws]
If you travelled over Thanksgiving and have some unopened bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotions and hotel soaps that you won’t be using, please considers donating them to the homeless veterans in the Tucson area.
- Chapstick and grocery store gift cards are greatly appreciated too.
- The hospitalized veterans really like getting greeting cards, wrapping paper, note cards, calendars.
- If you want to give a holiday gift, you might consider back scratchers, watches, book lights, audio books, puzzle books (regular and large print), playing cards, hand held electronic games.
- You may bring donations for the veterans to the luncheon on Monday and place them on the table in the back of the ballroom.
- If you are not attending the luncheon, you may drop items off at my house at 1908 E Longspur Place.
I am going to the VA at noon on Wednesday, December 16. This will be my last trip to the VA for 2015. Items may also be taken directly to the Voluntary Service office at the VA Hospital, Bldg. 58, no later than December 18. They accept donations between 9 a.m. & 3 p.m.
Anyone wishing to provide gifts for the victims of domestic abuse may bring unwrapped presents to the luncheon on Monday and place them on the table at the back of the ballroom.
- Claudia Ullevig has graciously volunteered to take the gifts to DaZee’s.
- Right now the children are getting many gifts from the GV Fire Department but the 14 year old girl and the 15 moms would appreciate being remembered at holiday time.
- Suggested items include: perfume, nail polish, bath scrunchies and bath scrub. Such gifts make them feel feminine and good about themselves and these items are seldom donated for them.
- Items may also be dropped off at DaZee’s at 231 W Duval Rd. They have a special box in the store for holiday presents.
- If you are not attending the luncheon, you may also drop off gifts at Claudia’s house, 730 N Alexis Loop. She will put a bin out by the front door so you to not have to worry whether she is home or not.
Claudia will be taking the gifts to DaZee’s on December 21.
Clipped and hopefully sorted coupons for the next shipment to the two overseas bases that the club supports as well as for the National Guard may be brought to the luncheon on Monday and placed on one of the tables at the back of the ballroom.
The clock is rapidly ticking for you to renew your membership and pay your 2016 dues.
There will be a table at the rear of the ballroom where the membership team will gladly take your renewal checks for $25 made payable to TWOQC.
To save time you might want to complete the registration form that can be found in TWOQC’s slot in the hallway as well as on the website. […Membership Form]
Anyone who has any furniture she’d liked to donate for formerly homeless veterans as they move into an apartment may call Daron Cross at 429-6867 to arrange for pick-up.
NOTE: Because the apartments are relatively small, they cannot accept king-size beds, triple dressers or large couches.
If anyone bought extra copies of our first cookbook and did not use them and would like to sell them, please let me know at email@example.com or 207-6188. I have someone who is trying to purchase 5 books and I have only found two so far.
The first planning meeting for the 2016 Baby Shower for Military Moms will be held on Monday, January 11 at 11:00am in the Kino Conference Center. The shower will be held on June 25.