Last reminder! Two days left to get your 2016 dues paid for 2016.
Checks for $25 made payable to TWOQC can be dropped at Patti Giannasi’s house, 1232 N Rams Head Road, at any time—she has a box by the door so you don’t have to worry whether she is home or not. Registration forms can be found in TWOQC’s slot in the hallway at the Madera Clubhouse as well as on the website. [MEMBERSHIP FORM]
NEXT GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Mark your calendars!
You won’t want to miss Jed Dodds who will be presenting “What’s New at the Zoo.” Perfect timing before the March field trip. [MONTHLY MEETING]
Shirts purchased at Monday’s meeting have been ordered and should be in for pick up at our February meeting on the 29th.
Didn’t get a chance to order your shirt on Monday at the meeting? You may contact Peggy McGee at email@example.com or 520-207-6188 to get yours in the next order! The shirts run small so please order at least one size larger than you normally wear.
ANNUAL FASHION SHOW
Ignite your Passion–Fight all Cancers–Support Cancer Research
There are only a few Fashion Show tickets left! If something has come up and you cannot attend the Fashion Show on February 12 please call Nancy Jacobs at 970-946-3910 to let her know who is taking your place.
Raffle tickets are still available! Contact Ginny Hutcheson at 520-906-0930 and she will even deliver them! One does not have to attend the fashion show to win the 50-50 raffle. Tickets for the 50-50 raffle are $1 each, 6 for $5, 14 for $10, or 30 for $20. Cash or checks are accepted. Be sure to bring address labels with you!
Baskets and raffle prizes are still needed and can be accepted up through February 9th. Perhaps a couple of you could get together and assemble a basket. Some ideas:
- Food, wine or spa basket
- Pasta, coffee, cocoa, chocolate, crackers, spices, nuts, or jams
- Lotions, note cards, napkins, tea towels, candles and mini candles
- Socks, powder, or lotions for a personal “foot” basket
- Hand crafted items
- Gift certificates
Raffle prizes, baskets, 2-liter soda bottles and 1 inch or wider ribbon in any color for the Fashion Show may be dropped off at Ginny Hutcheson’s house, 2494 E Bluejay Bluff Lane, at any time. If you are hosting or attending a Super Bowl party, please save those 2-liter soda bottles and get them to Ginny Hutcheson, 2494 E Bluejay Bluff Lane. Please put your name, address and items donated on the form in the box so we will be able to acknowledge your donations. [FASHION SHOW]
There are only a few seats available! Tickets are $40 and include bus transportation, lunch and a “behind the scenes” tour! Currently this trip is only open to members. If there are seats left after the February 29 meeting they will be offered to Quail Creek guests at $45 each.
The bus will depart from the Clubhouse promptly at 9:00 a.m. sharp on Monday, March 28, and return around 4:00 p.m. This is one trip you will not want to miss! [WE’RE GOING TO THE ZOO]
BABY SHOWER “Read Me A Story”
We now have 24 Moms listed to be honored at the baby shower that will be held at noon on Saturday, June 25 at the Air National Guard Base in Tucson! Planning is still in the early stages so please come and help! Our next meeting is Monday, February 8 at 11:00 a.m. in the Kino Conference Center.
- clothing (newborn to 18 months)
- baby wipes
- baby wash
- baby powder
- baby toys
- cash is also most welcome, as we would be able to add to the existing supply or fill-in with items that do not get donated
And, anything you think the new parents might need will be greatly accepted and appreciated.
Contact Pamela Rodgers with any questions at 520-561-7969 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations may be dropped off at her home, 2640 E Sawyer Road (drop box on front porch) or call she will be glad to pick them up in the Quail Creek/Green Valley area. [BABY SHOWER]
There are a few recently added features in the Navigation (menu) bar on our website. Scrolling down past the Quail logo and “where to subscribe” (on the left), you will see:
- Follow us on Facebook. There is a Facebook link on several website pages (on the bottom) throughout the site, however having the link on our homepage gives a quick, easy and direct link to our Facebook page. Note the thumbnail view of TWOQC’s Facebook page banner.
- Search field. This field allows a viewer or member to search our website for a page or event by a single word or phrase.
- Search by date for archived FMM. Ever have a need to look back at an archived FMM? The pages are easy to find by clicking “Older Posts” at the bottom of each page but it is tedious going page by page by page. This new feature offers a calendar: scroll to the exact or guesstimated month, then click on each Friday to find the archive you’re looking for!
- Location map (Google). With the Madera clubhouse address, all TWOQC followers around the U.S. and beyond can see where we are located in beautiful southern Arizona. (Visitors will click address to activate map.)
TOILETRIES AND CALENDARS FOR THE HOMELESS & HOSPITALIZED VETERANS
Peggy took 28.6 lbs. of toiletries and 25.6 lbs. of calendars and note cards to the VA this week. You may bring items to the meeting on February 29.
If you won’t be at the meeting, you may drop them at Peggy’s house at 1908 E Longspur Place.
Ladies – You did it again! The coupons being sent to the Naval Base in Japan for December and January came to a total of $7,599! Expired or soon to expire coupons should be dropped off at the homes of Peggy Richmond (2731 E. Eba Court) or Judy Poffenbarger (2390 E Bluejay Bluff Lane). Clipped and sorted coupons for the National Guard only may also be left at the home of Lois and Janet Connell (539 N. Ramos Lane.) [COUPONS]
BENEFIT ART SHOW
The Continental School District Educational Foundation (CSDEF) will be holding a Sweet Art Gala on Saturday, February 13, from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at the Community Performing Arts Center, 1250 West Continental Road.
- Tickets are $45.
- There will be Hors D’oeuvres, a no host bar, live music and live artist demonstrations.
- TWOQC is one of the sponsors of the event.
- Proceeds will provide Mini Grants to the School’s Library, Artist in Residence and Music programs and teacher mini grants which aren’t covered by other income sources.
- Tickets may be purchased at the door or by contacting Mike Turner, a Quail Creek resident, at 829-7985.
- Click the little boy’s face below for more information:
JANUARY 25 MEETING
I hope you enjoyed Shirley Pinkerton as she presented a reenactment of the life of Pearl Hart, bandit queen of Arizona. Shirley had us mesmerized and convinced she was Pearl Hart by the time the program was over! A few photos are posted on the website. Photos: BANDIT QUEEN of ARIZONA
After the presentation, Shirley announced the offer extended to TWOQC to join the Arizona Historical Society Docent Council on their spring trip to Globe. To see details and highlights of the trip, scroll down on this page: TRIP TO GLOBE. Check back the first week of February when the official flyer and trip registration form will be posted.
Also at the January meeting, we honored Peggy McGee with a glass art “Quail” gift (made by member, Ann Nease) and a video that profiled a snapshot view of her 6 1/2 years as TWOQC president. The video, created by member Marianne Cobarrubias, can be found on our website by clicking here: VIDEO for PEGGY.
TWOQC FOUNDER JOY O’FARRELL
Follow us on Facebook: facebook.com/twoqc