APRIL 25th PROGRAM · 6:30pm
Cheri Romanowski of Cheri’s Desert Harvest ::: Cheri’s all-natural products are made from fresh fruits and vegetables indigenous to the Sonoran Desert. Only the freshest prickly pear cactus fruit, citrus, honey, sweet peppers, and hot chili peppers are used in her preserves. Come hear Cheri talk about the fruit that is hand-harvested at the peak of ripeness and her quick mixes formulated with wholesome ingredients.
$cholarship Night ::: The time has arrived for us to officially celebrate the winners of TWOQC Scholarship. Join the scholarship committee at the meeting on April 25th to honor our very first recipients, Kayla Christiansen and Carly Frieders. They will be joined by members of their family, and representatives from their high school.
Kayla and Carly will share what TWOQC scholarship means to them, why service is important, and a look into their goals. Also, a very special slideshow will be playing as you arrive. You won’t want to miss this BIG CELEBRATION!
2016 TWOQC Survey
Can you believe it has been four years since our last Survey? We value your input and feel all members should have a voice in the direction of our organization. Surveys will be available for you to pick up at the Monday, April 25th program or you may click on this link (SURVEY) and print your own. You may complete and turn in at the meeting on Monday or drop by Carolyn Stickley’s home at 538 N. Easter Lily Lane. All surveys must be returned by May 9th. If you have any questions please contact Carolyn at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOTHING & OTHER NEEDS FOR HOMELESS VETERANS
The VA is desperately looking for two cribs from someone willing to donate them to families that were recently moved off the streets and into housing. If you have a crib you no longer need for visiting grandchildren or know of someone who has a crib they are willing to part with, please let Peggy McGee know at email@example.com /207-6188. The VA will come down to pick them up.
- If your significant other or you have any summer weight clothing that is no longer needed, please consider donating it to the homeless veterans.
- Also needed are new socks, new underwear, caps as well as sunscreen and chapstick.
- The VA would also appreciate unopened travel sized toiletries, calendars, greeting cards and note pads.
- Donations may be brought to the meeting on April 25 and placed on one of the tables at the rear of the ballroom. Receipts for tax purposes will be available.
Our latest thank-you from the VA is under the 2016 Thank You Notes.
TWOQC Polo Shirt Update
A sample shirt in large will be available at the meeting. A variety of sizes has been ordered. Expected delivery date is May 6.
FOOD BANK COLLECTION
Our semi-annual collection for the Green Valley/Sahuarita Community Food Bank will take place on Monday, April 25.
- In addition to the usual pantry staples like peanut butter, canned meats, cereal, rice/pasta, soup, the Green Valley/Sahuarita Community Food Bank would also appreciate gift cards, personal care items and cleaning supplies.
- If you are getting ready to leave the area for the summer, please check your pantries and consider donating items that will expire before you return in the fall.
- The Food Bank can accept canned food up to 1 year past date on can and up to 6 months past date on packaged food.
- Please place items on the table in front of the bar. There will also be a jar for cash/check/credit card donations.
Read Me A Story – BABY SHOWER
Five babies already arrived, two due this week and 22 still to come. This shower will be brimming with excitement on June 25th. It will be here before we know it!
The 2016 Baby Shower is fast approaching and we have been busy collecting all the fabulous contributions that our community has been donating. We have just about 8 weeks until the event, but much work is still left to do. If you would like to help, please contact Pamela Rodgers at 520-561-7969, or please come to our next meeting on Monday May 2 at 11:00am in the Kino Conference Room.
Want to contribute? Please place contributions in the donation box at the Madera Clubhouse lobby, the table in the back of the Ballroom at our next program (Monday 4/25), or the drop box on the Rodgers front porch at 2640 E Sawyer Road.
All monetary donations by check should be made out to TWOQC Charity Account. Again, thanks so much for all your support!
HONOR FLIGHT in April
Once again TWOQC has been invited and it will be an honor to stand a flag line for our Honor Flight Veterans and their families as they embark on their trip to D.C. This will mark the 20th Honor Flight for Southern Arizona.
This Honor Flight will hold 25 WWII and Korean War Veterans. For many this will be once again your opportunity to thank a member of the greatest generation for their contribution to our nation. For anyone who is new to this mission, you will be forever humbled to thank the greatest generation in person for a welcome home they did not get so long ago.
Check out the Honor Flight website at www.honorflightsaz.org for more information on what this awesome group does and has asked us to be a part of.
- If you’d like to see the Veterans off at the Tucson Airport April 23rd, plan to be there by at least 5am (SWA Flight #3453).
- Veterans arrive 4:00-4:30am to check in at the American Airlines ticket area. They head to the gate no later than 5:30am.
- Use either the hourly lot or the Economy Parking lot on East Corona Road (shuttle provided). Bring your ticket to the ticketing area on the departure level and TAA may be able to validate your parking ticket.
- Watch for 4 Green Valley Veterans – Werner L., John (Jack) S., Jim W., and Paul S.
If you would like to greet them upon their return on Monday April 25th you will need to be at the airport staging area by 5:00pm. The SWA Flight 3692 arrives at 5:50pm. Here is a FLYER with all the details.
Please watch the Friday Morning Message for the May departure & arrival dates, and the list of Veteran names (for letters) attending the May flight!
Enjoy this short video that will bring tears of pride & thanks to your soul for these great patriots: Soaring Valor by Gary Sinise. (Gary Sinise is an American actor, director, and musician.)
Aprons For YOTO
There are only about 40 aprons left! If you would like to get yours for yourself or a gift (great for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and BBQ) they will be offered at the April 25th program for $18 each or two for $35!
Funds raised will be donated to YOTO helping homeless teens in the Green Valley/Sahuarita area.
Coupons for National Guard should expire May 15th or later. They especially appreciate the restaurant coupons—it seems they tend to eat out after the weekend drills. The expiration date for overseas is the first of the month BEFORE the current month.
Clipped and sorted coupons for the National Guard may be dropped off at the following locations:
- Peggy Richmond’s (2731 E. Eba Court)
- Judy Poffenbarger’s (2390 E. Bluejay Bluff Lane)
- Lois and Janet Connell’s house (529 N. Ramos Lane)
REMINDER: There is no regular coupon program at this time. Please drop off coupons at Judy and Peggy’s houses before the end of the month. [HOW TO SORT COUPONS…]
We received a very nice thank you from the American Cancer Society for supporting the 2016 Relay for Life event that was held on April 9. TWOQC was the top contributor, thanks to your support for the Fashion Show. See THANK YOU NOTE and TWOQC Relay for Life sponsorship recap.
UPCOMING EVENTS For Your Calender
June 27 – 12:30pm …Summer Luncheon: The Arizona Balalaika Orchestra will be performing under the direction of Mia Bulgarin Gay. Tickets for the lunch will go on sale prior to the May 23rd program. Get your plans made – only ten seats at a table please! These tickets are non-refundable but are transferable.
Like & Share our page: Facebook.com/twoqc