CLOTHING FOR HOMELESS VETERANS
- In anticipation of this event, they are looking for donations of gently used summer weight clothing for men and/or women, new socks, new underwear, caps.
- As you get out your summer weight clothing, please consider donating items that no longer fit or are last year’s style to those who have served our country.
- Also needed are sunscreen and Chapstick.
- Donations may be brought to the meeting on April 25 and placed on one of the tables at the rear of the ballroom.
- Receipts for tax purposes will be available.
- The VA would also appreciate unopened travel sized toiletries, calendars, greeting cards and note pads.
FOOD BANK COLLECTION
Our semi-annual collection for the Green Valley/Sahuarita Community Food Bank will take place on Monday, April 25.
- You may place items in the bins in front of the bar area.
- There will be a jar for cash/check/credit card donations.
- Items that are especially needed include: peanut butter, canned tuna/chicken/beef/ham, cereal, rice/pasta, soup, canned fruit, juice, condiments, crackers, snacks.
- If you are getting ready to leave the area for the summer, please check your pantries and consider donating items that will expire before you return in the fall.
- The Food Bank can accept canned food up to 1 year past date on can and up to 6 months past date on packaged food.
- Personal care items are always welcome too.
The Women of Quail Creek honor and appreciate the Veterans and let them know it! Thank you. The response to write letters to the Veterans attending the Honor Flight #20 has been so generous. To date 312 letters have been received and forwarded to Honor Flight. There will be tears of gratitude during “Mail Call” on their flight home.
Send off: If you’d like to see the Veterans off at the Tucson Airport April 23rd, plan to be there by at least 5:00am (SWA Flight #3453). Veterans arrive 4:00-4:30am to check in at the American Airlines ticket area. They head to the gate no later than 5:30am. Use either the hourly lot or the Economy Parking lot on East Corona Road (shuttle provided).
Bring your ticket to the ticketing area on the departure level and TAA may be able to validate your parking ticket. Watch for 4 Green Valley Veterans – Werner L., John (Jack) S., Jim W. and Paul S. Information will be available next week if you would like to greet them upon their return to Tucson.
There’s still time to write to two added to the April flight: Jim W., Army Air Corps, GV, WWII; Paul S., Army, GV, WWII. Please place letters in envelopes with the vet’s name and the initial of their last name. Please Do NOT seal the envelopes… deliver to Kay Robinson’s, 898 N Kenneth Dr. no later than Sunday, April 17th. Access the updated list of names HERE.
APRIL 25th PROGRAM · 6:30pm
Cheri Romanowski of Cheri’s Desert Harvest ::: Cheri’s all-natural products are made from fresh fruits and vegetables indigenous to the Sonoran Desert. Only the freshest prickly pear cactus fruit, citrus, honey, sweet peppers, and hot chile peppers are used in her preserves. Come hear Cheri talk about the fruit that is hand-harvested at the peak of ripeness and her quick mixes formulated with wholesome ingredients.
$CHOLARSHIP NIGHT ::: It’s countdown time! In less than two weeks the Scholarship Committee will officially introduce you to Kayla Christiansen and Carly Frieders, two very talented young women who represent our first TWOQC scholarship awards.
This will be a special night for all as the girls have invited members of their family to share in our celebration. Representatives of their high schools will also be present. Please plan to attend the meeting to acknowledge their hard work and success… and to provide them with a big TWOQC send-off.
APRONS FOR YOTO
There are only about 40 aprons left! If you would like to get yours for yourself or a gift (great for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and BBQ) they will be offered at the April 25th program for $18 each or two for $35! Funds raised will be donated to YOTO helping homeless teens in the Green Valley/Sahuarita area. Click banner below for their website:
CURRENT NEEDS FOR 2016 BABY SHOWER
We are in need of baby clothes for girls, size NB to 12 months. With 17 little girls due for the shower, we will need plenty of outfits fit for the little princesses! Diapers, wipes, baby wash and powder are also needed. With all of us doing just a little this means a lot to these parents!
Please drop your donations in the box at Madera Clubhouse or at the porch Dropbox at Pam Rodgers’ home (2640 E Sawyer). Call Pam Rodgers at 520-561-7969 with any questions.
UPCOMING EVENTS For Your Calender
SAVE THE DATE – June 27 – June Luncheon Tickets will be sold before our May program on May 23!
June 27 – 12:30pm …Summer Luncheon: The Arizona Balalaika Orchestra will be performing under the direction of Mia Bulgarin Gay. Tickets for the luncheon will go on sale prior to the May 23rd program. Get your plans made – only ten seats at a table please! These tickets are non-refundable but are transferable. [MORE PROGRAMS…]
Please Like & Share our page: Facebook.com/twoqc