2016 TWOQC Survey
Only 3 days left to make your opinion count! Please let us know your thoughts for the future of TWOQC.
- For your convenience surveys are available in the TWOQC slot in the hallway at the Madera Clubhouse program or you may click on this link [SURVEY] and print your own.
- You may drop completed surveys by Carolyn Stickley’s home at 538 N. Easter Lily Lane or mail them to the same address if you prefer.
- All surveys must be returned by May 9th.
- If you have any questions please contact Carolyn at email@example.com.
May Honor Flight · ♥ All letters are due today! ♥
Thank you for honoring our veterans. Please deliver the letters to Kay Robinson, 898 N Kenneth Drive (between Sawyer and Glen Canyon).
- Because of last minute changes, it is suggested that you submit 25 letters of gratitude marked “To a Veteran” or “To a Hero”.
- Names of the veterans are on this [LIST] if you prefer to be more personal.
- Place the letters in an envelope marked to a Veteran or with a name and first initial of last name and deposit them in a container outside Kay Robinson’s home.
- Six are from Green Valley.
- Be sure to mark your calendar to stand in the flag line for our Honor Flight Veterans and their families as they embark on and return from their trip to D.C. This will mark the 21st Honor Flight for Southern Arizona.
Return – Monday May 23rd
Departure Level – American Airlines Ticket Counters
AA Flight #99 arrives in Tucson @ 7:02p.m. (scheduled**)
Parking: Please use either the Hourly lot or the Economy Parking lot on East Corona Rd (shuttle provided). Bring your ticket with you up to the ticketing area on the departure level and TAA may be able to validate your parking ticket – their way of saying thank you for supporting our Vets! Here is a printable [FLYER] with all details on one page.
In case you are curious about what they do on their trip besides being wined and dined, check out the following sample:
- National WWII Memorial
- Vietnam War Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial
- Korea War Memorial
- FDR Memorial (optional)
- Iwo Jima Memorial
- Women in Military Service for America Memorial
- Arlington National Cemetery – changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Fort McHenry (optional)
**It is always a good idea to check with the airlines prior to driving to the Airport to confirm the scheduled arrival times and check for any delays.
Read Me A Story – Baby Shower
Each outfit, onesie, bag of diapers, bag of wipes, pacifiers or baby wash puts us closer to our goal of making this year’s shower an event to remember.
Unit 31 dropped off 19 cases and 17 bags of diapers (totaling 3400!) they recently collected at their spring unit party. Way to go Unit 31! Other units are donating diapers, outfits, baby wash and most welcomed cash that has been collected at various unit parties throughout the community!
We could use your help if you want to become a part of this year’s shower on June 25th. Please come to our next meeting on Monday, May 16 at 11:00 at the Kino Conference Room. Reminder: You must be a committee member to attend the shower.
Donations can be dropped off at the Madera Clubhouse drop-box in the lobby or at the Rodgers home at 2640 E Sawyer Road (box on front porch). Please contact Pam Rodgers at 520-561-7969 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Again, thanks so much for all your support!
Thank you to all that are contributing! April coupons sent to the Naval base in Sasebo, Japan totaled $5,191 and the total of coupons sent to UK was $3,139.60.
Coupons for the two overseas bases for this month should expire April 1st or later.
If you still want an apron for a Mother’s Day or graduation gift, please contact Peggy at email@example.com. She has a variety of colors at her house.
Aprons are $18 each or 2 for $35 with all proceeds going to Youth on Their Own, a program for homeless teens in the local area. [Learn more about YOTO]
The shirts have been shipped and are expected to be ready for pick-up on Saturday for all those who paid.
You will be notified by email when shirts may be picked up. Shirts will also be available for purchase at the May 23 meeting.
Thank You Notes
Earlier this year TWOQC donated $500 to Continental School to support after school programs. We received a nice thank you note and group photo for our contribution.
We also received two thank you notes regarding the scholarship award night. [See them here: 2016 THANK YOU NOTES]
Thank you to the volunteers who helped welcome guests at the April Program. We appreciate your time and lovely smiles!
♥ Linda Bradley · Jean Duynslager · Patti Giannasi · Sylvia Perry ♥
Upcoming Events For Your Calender
May 23 – 6:30 p.m. …Tucson Girls Chorus: A diverse group of young women in a well-constructed educational program that emphasizes music, performance, leadership training and community service.
June 27 – 12:30 p.m. …Summer Luncheon: “A Russian Adventure” The Arizona Balalaika Orchestra will be performing under the direction of Mia Bulgarin Gay, bringing Russian music, song, & dance to southern Arizona.
Have you seen the 17 new posts since early March? Thank you for “liking” & “sharing” our page: Facebook.com/twoqc