MAY 23 PROGRAM at 6:30 p.m.
Don’t miss this great opportunity to see and listen to the Tucson Girls Chorus (TGC)!
TGC is all about girls from five to eighteen learning to be confident leaders. Let’s be sure to have a great turnout to show our support to these young ladies! Check out their web site: Tucson Girls Chorus. Enjoy a song from their newest CD (celebrating 30 years):
- Tickets for the June luncheon “A Russian Adventure” will be sold before the start of our May program beginning at 5:30 p.m.
- Tickets are $20 each and are non-refundable.
- Make your plans and have a printed list of all ladies you are buying tickets for – only ten seats at a table please! This will make it so much easier for Nancy.
Read Me A Story – BABY SHOWER
Please welcome Miss Brielle Maylor! She was born April 16 and is the newest addition to our 2016 baby shower family.
All of the babies are such a blessing, and we have now learned what each one is! Our new information is 8 boys and 21 girls! No yellow/green ribbon needed this year! It will all be pink and blue!
Our baby bottles will be at the Grill entrance this Sunday, May 15, for brunch if any of you have loose change you’d like to contribute. Our last “Baby Bottle Pass” will be at the May 23 general program!
Cannot believe we are just 5 weeks away from the event! We are most grateful for all the donations our ladies have given us! The families will be really surprised and so appreciative of all gifts received.
Our next planning meeting will be Monday May 16 at 11:00 a.m. in the Kino Conference Room. Please join us if you’d like to be involved!
Donation boxes are still available at the Madera Clubhouse and at Pam Rodgers front porch (2640 E Sawyer Road)! We are especially needing girl outfits, onesies, and dresses! Contact Pam (520-561-7969 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Any monetary donations by check should be made out to TWOQC Charity Account. Again, thanks so much for all your support!
MAY HONOR FLIGHT
Be sure to mark your calendar to stand in the flag line for our Honor Flight Veterans and their families as they embark on and return from their trip to D.C. This will mark the 21st Honor Flight for Southern Arizona.
Return – Monday, May 23
Departure Level – American Airlines Ticket Counters
AA Flight #99 arrives in Tucson @ 7:02 p.m. (scheduled**)
Parking: Please use either the Hourly lot or the Economy Parking lot on East Corona Rd (shuttle provided). Bring your ticket with you up to the ticketing area on the departure level and TAA may be able to validate your parking ticket – their way of saying thank you for supporting our Vets!
Here is a printable (FLYER) with all details on one page. **It is always a good idea to check with the airlines prior to driving to the Airport to confirm the scheduled arrival times and check for any delays.
CLOTHING & OTHER NEEDS FOR HOMELESS VETERANS – Still Needed!
- Even though your donations were awesome last month the VA is still desperately looking for any summer weight clothing you can no longer use.
- Also needed are new socks, new underwear, caps as well as sunscreen and chap-stick.
- The VA would also appreciate unopened travel sized toiletries, calendars, greeting cards and note pads.
- You may contact Peggy McGee know at email@example.com or 207-6188, or bring them to the program Monday, May 23.
If you still want an apron, they make great hostess gifts if you have been invited to a Memorial Day BBQ or for a graduation gift, please contact Peggy at firstname.lastname@example.org. She has a variety of colors at her house.
Aprons are $18 each or 2 for $35 with all proceeds going to Youth on Their Own, a program for homeless teens in the local area. [Learn more: YOTO]
- Clipped and sorted coupons destined for overseas should expire April 1 or later.
- Coupons for the National Guard should expire June 12 or later. Please no unclipped coupons.
- Coupons may be turned in at the May 23 meeting or at Peggy Richmond’s (2731 E. Eba Court) or Judy Poffenbarger’s (2390 E Bluejay Bluff Lane) at any time.
TWOQC PINK POLO SHIRTS
Shirts will be available for purchase at $20 each at the May 23 meeting. Various sizes available.
UPCOMING EVENTS for your Calender
♥ June 27 – 12:30 p.m. …Summer Luncheon: “A Russian Adventure” with the Arizona Balalaika Quartet performing under the direction of Mia Bulgarin Gay.
♥ July 25 – 6:30 p.m. …Roasting Beans for the Perfect Cup of Coffee, presented by Anna Perreira, Yellow Brick Coffee.
♥ August 29 – 6:30 p.m. …Why Spiralize? Discover the Tips, Tricks & Taboos of Spiralizing! Presenter: Randy Wade from Cooking A-Z by Tumacookery
WEBSITE & FACEBOOK PAGE
Wonder no more! [VIEW STATS HERE]
We can triple TWOQC’s Facebook presence with your help, and it costs you nothing but a minute of your time. Please “Like” our Facebook page, and “Like & Share” our posts. Stop by TWOQC’s page to say, “Hello”. We appreciate your support! [FACEBOOK.COM/TWOQC]