from Carol Mutter, TWOQC President …
Flying Leap Vineyards (FLV) is an Arizona Winery based in Santa Cruz County. Their committed team of talented winemakers grows a select portfolio of both red and white wine grapes on two vineyards in southeastern Arizona. FLV produces a diverse portfolio of ultra premium, proprietary wines at its winery located in Elgin. We hope you will join us on Monday, February 27 at 10:00 a.m. for a presentation on “Spices and Rubs” by Mark Beres, CEO and co-founder of FLV.
There are still some seats left for the field trip to the Flying Leap Winery in Elgin on Monday, March 27.
- We will leave Madera Clubhouse parking lot promptly at 9:00 a.m. returning no later than 4:00 p.m.
- Cost is $50 for members and will include lunch, wine tasting, a souvenir wine glass, transportation and drivers’ gratuity.
- There is no waiting list! Tickets will be on sale again at the February 27 program.
- If there are any tickets left after the February program, we will open them to guests for a cost of $55.
- Tickets are non-refundable but are transferable.
- For tickets please contact Nancy Jacobs at «firstname.lastname@example.org».
Pink Polo Shirts
Polo shirts at $20 will be on sale at the back of the ballroom prior to the program on February 27. Consider buying one if you will be going on the field trip on March 27 so we can have our “sea of pink” as we tour the Flying Leap Winery.
If you can’t attend the program and want to order a shirt, please contact Peggy at «email@example.com» or 207-6188. She has to place the order by March 3 to ensure delivery in time for the field trip.
Homeless & Hospitalized Veterans
The latest needs list from the VA homeless program includes T-shirts, especially XXL and XXXL, men’s underwear, small & medium, boxers & boxer briefs, diabetic socks, (underwear and socks must be new) shoes in size 13 and 14, watches for both men and women, sunglasses and backpacks. Besides the travel-sized toiletries, they can also use powder for their shoes, razors, shave cream and toothpaste.
The VA is still accepting 2017 calendars, note pads, puzzle books, paperbacks, especially on military topics and Westerns along with all occasion cards for the hospitalized veterans. Please bring donations to the program on February 27 and place them on the table in the back of the ballroom. Thank you!
Scholarship Program Update
The Scholarship Committee is excited to announce that TWOQC received 14 applications for review from Sahuarita and Walden Grove High Schools. The review committee is composed of Scholarship Committee members and interested volunteers from our general membership. Bonnie Hyra will be leading the group through the process of selecting specific applications to be sent forward for formal interviews. These will be held at each high school on March 6. Stay tuned as we near the date for the special announcement of the awardees.
Our hungry piggies will be roaming on a back table on February 27. Please stop by for a visit with extra change or check and to learn more about our latest forthcoming project – a scholarship for a woman in transition.
The Scholarship Committee thanks you for your ongoing support of young women seeking to meet their goals and making a difference in the lives of others.
Member Spotlight: RENA CRAINE
Rena went to Anchorage, Alaska in 1970 after finishing college and teaching 2 years in Indiana. She planned to stay for 1 year, and 35 years later (2005) left Alaska to travel in a motor home for 1 year while their home was being built here in Quail Creek. She came to Quail Creek for a “Play and Stay” and ended up buying a home because all the folks were so friendly.
Since 2009, Rena has traveled in an RV and volunteered at different government agencies, primarily National Wildlife Refuges and once for a National Park. In fact she will be volunteering again this summer as a wildlife interpreter at a scenic overlook on the coast of oregon. Rena has 1 son who lives in Brooklyn with his family. Her activities in Quail Creek include golfing, hiking, and walking the loop. She is also a member of the Art Glass Club and serves on the Scholarship committee for TWOQC.
Sweet Art Gala: Continental School District #39
- March 27 – 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ::: Field trip to Flying Leap Vineyards
- April 24 – 6:30 p.m. ::: Tubac Olive Oil Company · Presentation by Rocio Cespedes Patel on olive oils and balsamic vinegar. NOTE: THIS PROGRAM WILL BE HELD IN THE KINO CONFERENCE CENTER due to a conflict in the ballroom. Please make a note of the location change!
- May 20 ::: Baby Shower (Air National Guard, Tucson)
The “Jeopardy!” game is coming this summer… stay tuned!
- Download and print the «Schedule of Events»
- Check the «Calendar of Events» for committee meetings & ticket sales dates
- Questions? Email Kathe Alves, Program Chair: «firstname.lastname@example.org»