from Carol Mutter, TWOQC President
There are seven unsold seats on Bus #2 for the field trip to the Flying Leap Winery in Elgin on Monday, March 27. To reserve a seat, call Nancy Jacobs (970) 946-3910. Read more»
There are only 10 weeks left until the shower! Yes, the countdown has begun.
We are in need of donations to make this event as wonderful as last year! Our “bottle ladies” will be at the Grill entrance on Monday, March 13 from 5:00 to 7:30 p.m. to collect cash for our big baby bottles. This cash goes directly to our babies as a starter savings fund.
Want to donate cash for the committee to use for shopping? Checks may be mailed to Pam Rodgers or dropped off at her home, 2640 E Sawyer Road, Green Valley, AZ 85614 (there is a box on the front porch box). map»
Donated items may be left at Pam’s home or in the box at the Madera Clubhouse» lobby. Call Pam at (520) 561-7969 and let her know if you would like the committee to pick up your donations (Green Valley area only). Thank you for helping us make this event another huge success this year!
Congratulations 2017-2018 TWOQC Scholarship Awardees
The scholarships winners have been selected. The formal presentation and special celebration will occur at the membership program on April 24 at 6:30 p.m.
Final interviews were held Monday at Walden Grove and Sahuarita High. The eight exciting finalists represented a wide range of interests and academic goals including the fields of nursing, athletic training, behavioral sciences, environmental engineering, and business. The finalists had established a commitment to service and proved their academic tenacity. Their interviews were amazing, demonstrating both poise and a genuine interest in sharing their knowledge and goals. The team felt an enormous sense of pride knowing that these young women will be our future leaders.
Sahuarita High School
- Nathania Duarte ($1,150) for School of Nursing at the University of Arizona
- Daniela Reynolds ($2,000) for Dental Hygiene program at Pima Community College
Walden Grove High School
- Carissa Gibson ($1,150) for Nursing program at Cochise College, Sierra Vista
- Jenna Livingston ($2,000) for Environmental Engineering, Engineering Honors Program, University of Arizona
Mark your calendar for Saturday April 1. The Shoppes at La Posada will host their 4th annual outdoor concert to benefit Honor Flight Southern Arizona. Concert starts at noon and plays on until 2:00 p.m.
- The next honor flight will take place on May 6 and May 8 at the Tucson International Airport where a group of veteran heroes from WWII and Korean War will go to Washington D.C. to explore the war memorials (flight times will be available at a later date).
- We are requesting patriotic lap quilts to present to them upon their return and letters of thanks for their service to be distributed during Mail Call on the return flight.
- Here is the LIST» of veterans names for letter writing.
- You may bring your letters to the April 24 program or drop off to Kay Robinson at 898 N. Kenneth Drive map» by April 24. Please do not seal the envelopes.
Mark your calendars for these special dates.
The online photo book» (current members paid through 2017) now hosts 212 member’s headshots.
If you are a current member of TWOQC and would like to have your headshot included in our photo book, please come photo-ready to the next program and our club photographer, Eileen Sykora, will take your picture.
“Thank you all for the very successful 2017 QC 5K Run and 2K walk/dog walk. Overall we had about 140 sign up. The 5K had 87 people register. Our sponsors were again generous this year. The total proceeds were greater than last year and will be donated to the Food Bank and Animal League. Check out this link» for a slideshow of photos from Al Miller.”
- March 27 – 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ::: Field trip to Flying Leap Vineyards
- April 24 – 6:30 p.m. ::: Tubac Olive Oil Company Presentation by Rocio Cespedes Patel on olive oils and balsamic vinegar — ***THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE KINO CONFERENCE CENTER. Please make a note of this one-time location change!***
- May 6, May 8 ::: Honor Flight #23 (Tucson International Airport)
- May 20 ::: Baby Shower (Air National Guard, Tucson)
The “Jeopardy!” game is coming this summer… stay tuned!
- Download and print the Schedule of Events»
- Check the Calendar of Events» for committee meetings & ticket sales dates
- Questions? Email Kathe Alves, Programs Chair: email@example.com»