from Carol Mutter, TWOQC President
FIELD TRIP TO FLYING LEAP WINERY
HURRY! There are only four seats left for the field trip to the Flying Leap Winery in Elgin on Monday, March 27. We will leave Quail Creek promptly at 9:00 a.m. and return no later than 4:00 p.m. Cost is $50 for members and $55 for non-members and will include lunch, wine tasting, a souvenir wine glass, transportation and drivers’ gratuity. Buses will arrive between 8:30 and 8:40. Please plan to arrive accordingly to board your bus no later than 8:55 a.m.
Reservations are non-refundable but are transferable. For reservations, please contact Nancy Jacobs at «email@example.com».
The next honor flight on May 6-8 will take 23 WWII and 2 Korean War veterans on an all-expense paid trip from the Tucson International Airport to Washington D.C. to explore the WWII Memorial, Korean War Memorial and Vietnam wall built in their honor. The day’s focus is about thanking our veterans for the service and sacrifice they made so many years ago for the freedoms we enjoy today. Flight times will be available at a later date.
- We are requesting letters of thanks for their service to be distributed during Mail Call on the return flight.
- Here is the «LIST» of veterans names for letter writing. (One change from last week’s posted list.)
- You may bring your letters to the April 24 program or drop off to Kay Robinson at 898 N. Kenneth Drive «map» by April 24. Please do not seal the envelopes.
- Patriotic lap quilts will also be presented to each veteran upon their return. Are you a quilter and wish to contribute? Donated lap quilts may be dropped off to Kay at her home or you may bring them to the April 24 program.
The Shoppes at La Posada will host their 4th annual outdoor concert to benefit Honor Flight Southern Arizona on Saturday, April 1. The Concert starts at noon and plays on until 2:00 p.m. Please mark your calendars for these special dates.
We currently have 25 military families and holding! Quail Creek’s unit reps are supporting our efforts and the message of needing donations is spreading. This is such a blessing to our efforts for this wonderful event. Please think about setting aside your loose change (or paper money!) for the baby bottle pass “battle of the buses” on the field trip on March 27. This is always a fun competition between the 2 buses and a plus for the babies savings accounts.
Our next planning meeting is Wednesday March 29 at 1:00 p.m. in the Kino Conference Room.
Because we are not having a regular meeting this month due to the field trip, Peggy will take items to the VA on Thursday, March 30. Those with items to donate for the hospitalized veterans (books, note pads, calendars, playing cards) or homeless veterans (toiletries, bottled water, snack items, new underwear and socks) may drop them off at 1908 E Longspur Place at any time. If no one is at home, it is ok to leave donations in the courtyard. «map»
HELP YOUTH ON THEIR OWN (YOTO) — While Shopping for Yourself
We all buy groceries, right? Many of us shop at Fry’s. Did you know that YOTO can benefit every time you shop at Fry’s? To get started, sign up with your V.I.P Card on the Fry’s website, and select Youth On Their Own as the organization that you would like to support. After enrolling, every time you shop and use your V.I.P. card, YOTO will earn rewards. Note: If asked to enter a code for Youth On Their Own, please use 27567.
Many of us also shop online using Amazon. Through the Amazon Smile program, each time you make a purchase on Amazon.com, Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon Smile purchases to Youth On Their Own. It’s still the same Amazon you are used to: same products, same prices, same service. You can support Youth On Their Own by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com. «Learn more about YOTO»
WELCOME, NEW MEMBERS
Judy Collins (2nd VP/Membership) and Linda Matthews (Membership Co-Chair) hosted two wine & cheese gatherings this week on March 15 and 16 to welcome the newest members of TWOQC. The gatherings were held at the home of Linda Matthews. Photos of the event can be accessed here: «Welcome New Members!»
- March 27 – 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.::: Field trip to Flying Leap Vineyards
- April 24 – 6:30 p.m. ::: Tubac Olive Oil Company Presentation by Rocio Cespedes Patel on olive oils and balsamic vinegar — ***THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE KINO CONFERENCE CENTER. Please make a note of this one-time location change!*** Scholarships will be awarded this evening!
- May 6, May 8 ::: Honor Flight #23 (Tucson International Airport)
- May 20 ::: Baby Shower (Air National Guard, Tucson)
- May 22 – 6:30 p.m. ::: Honor Flight presented by Kathy Mansur with Janet Haegar
- June 26 – 11:00 a.m. ::: Summer Luncheon & Fashion Show with the Tombstone Vigilettes
- 2018: Wednesday, February 7 ::: Fashion Show
The “Jeopardy!” game is coming this summer… stay tuned!
- Download and print the «Schedule of Events»
- Check the «Calendar of Events» for committee meetings & ticket sales dates
- Questions? Email Kathe Alves, Programs Chair: «firstname.lastname@example.org»