HONOR FLIGHT SUPPORT
Just a reminder if you are out and about this Saturday, April 1 from noon to 2:00 p.m. you might want to stop by the Shoppes at La Posada. This is the 5th annual outdoor concert to benefit Honor Flight Southern Arizona. You can enjoy some great music and say hello to alumni, volunteers and supporters. Remember your sun screen and hat! «FREE ADMISSION!»
FLYING LEAP WINERY
What a wonderful day at Flying Leap Winery! The food, wine and tour of the winery were outstanding. We were each treated like royalty. The owners did such a fabulous job of making each of us feel welcome and special!
If anyone wishes to take family or friends to the winery for a tour, they are offered 7 days a week. However, we recommend that you call (520) 455-5499 first to make sure they aren’t hosting a large group on the day you wish to visit. The address is 342 Elgin Road in Elgin, Arizona. «map»
Enjoy the photo album of field trip pictures: «FLYING LEAP WINERY».
MILITARY BABY SHOWER — Our Tiniest Patriots
THANK YOU, WONDERFUL LADIES!
A big thank-you to all the wonderful ladies on the recent field trip to Flying Leap Winery. Our “Baby Bottle Pass” was beyond successful! Your generosity never ceases to amaze me. Bus #1 collected $500 and Bus #2 collected $228.
We have had another addition to our babies: Master Rudy Mendoza III, born on March 6 (3 weeks early). Both mother and baby are doing great.
Donations keep coming and the shower committee is most grateful! We have only 6 more weeks to accomplish our goals for the 2017 shower. If you would still like to donate something, please drop it off at the boxes at Madera Clubhouse lobby or at Pam Rodgers front porch (2640 E Sawyer Road). «map»
If you read about the baby shower in the Friday Morning Message or on the website and are NOT located in Arizona, there is the option to mail or ship donations via UPS to: Pam Rodgers at 2640 E Sawyer Road, Green Valley, Arizona 85614. We were ecstatic last year to receive many donations via USPS.
Our next planning meeting is April 12 (Wednesday) at 1:00 p.m. in the Kino Conference Room. Please email your questions to the «Baby Shower Chair».
PINK POLO SHIRTS
If anyone is interested in purchasing a TWOQC shirt, please contact Peggy McGee at «firstname.lastname@example.org» or 207-6188.
She has a variety of sizes at her house. Cost is $20, cash or check only.
Save These Dates — UPCOMING EVENTS
- April 24 – 6:30 p.m. ::: Tubac Olive Oil Company Presentation by Rocio Cespedes Patel on olive oils and balsamic vinegar. Scholarships will be awarded this evening! ◊◊PROGRAM HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE KINO CONFERENCE CENTER. Please make a note of this one-time location change◊◊
- May 20 ::: Baby Shower (Air National Guard, Tucson)
- May 22 – 6:30 p.m. ::: Honor Flight presented by Kathy Mansur with Janet Haegar
- June 26 – 11:00 a.m. ::: Summer Luncheon & Fashion Show with the Tombstone Vigilettes
- 2018: Wednesday, February 7 ::: Fashion Show featuring Dillard’s apparel
The “Jeopardy!” game is coming this summer… stay tuned!
- Download and print the «Schedule of Events»
- Check the «Calendar of Events» for committee meetings & events reservation dates
- Questions? Email Kathe Alves, Programs Chair: «email@example.com»