This week’s Friday Morning Message: Mark Your Calendar, Get Your Tickets | YOTO | Car Wash | Honor Flight | Clothing Drive | Oktoberfest & Baskets Request | Jeopardy Feedback | Upcoming Events
MARK YOUR CALENDAR… GET YOUR TICKETS
AUGUST PROGRAM: TWOQC’s August program is scheduled for Monday, the 28 at 6:30 p.m. at the Madera Clubhouse. Rebecca Willer from Continental Spa will give skincare tips on “How to Naturally Look and Feel Younger”. Come and learn how to take great care of your skin.
GET YOUR TICKETS: Plan to purchase your tickets at the August program for the:
♦ October Membership Brunch scheduled for Monday, October 30 at 11:00 a.m. ($10/members or $20/first-time guests)
♦ Oktoberfest Scholarship fundraiser on Sunday, October 29 ($30 per person). The Oktoberfest is open to the public. Everyone is invited (spouses and friends from anywhere and everywhere).
SEPTEMBER PROGRAM: On Monday, September 25 at 6:30 p.m., Daniel Armenta from YOTO will be here to talk about one of our favorite charities.
YOTO STILL NEEDS OUR HELP!
We have checked with our contacts at YOTO to see how their school supply drive is going. They have a goal of reaching 1,000 of each of the items. We are told they still have a way to go. With school supplies on sale everywhere, please consider putting things in the supply bin at the clubhouse. These dedicated students really need our help. For a complete list of the most needed items «CLICK HERE».
And, on the recipe front, we have extended our search. If you have a recipe to contribute to the student cookbook please send it to: «email@example.com».
CAR WASH TO SUPPORT NAVAL JROTC – THIS SATURDAY
The Naval JROTC from Sahuarita High School is sponsoring a car wash on Saturday, August 12 from 8:00 – 11:00 a.m. at the American Legion Post 66 on West Duval Mine Road. While there is no cost (they don’t guarantee against rain later that day) donations will be gladly accepted to support some of their programs. Each year this JROTC unit participates in both the Memorial Day and Veterans Day ceremonies at the Green Valley Cemetery. They also provided the Honor Guard for our May program and helped the models down the stairs at the fashion show. One of our 2017 scholarship winners, Daniela Reynolds, was a very active member of the JROTC.
HONOR FLIGHT #23 in SEPTEMBER
For everyone who is still writing letters, everything must be delivered to Kay Robinson 898 N. Kenneth Drive (map) by August 15.
Here is the «updated list of 67 names» scheduled for the trip to Washington DC.
Click on the flyer for all the September Honor Flight details.
TEN WEEKS AND COUNTING: Clothing Drive
It is time to clean out your closets and kitchens. The Homeless Veterans Clothing & Household Goods Drive is 10 weeks away on Saturday, October 21 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
The veterans need your good, usable clothing. From the kitchen the primary needs are: dishes, glasses, silverware, utensils, pots/pans, toasters and more. Suggestions of household goods might include: small lamps, bedding (queen-size), towels, etc.
For more information, contact Laura Colbert, 2017 VA Clothing Drive Chair, at (520) 625-4033 or «firstname.lastname@example.org».
Time is running faster and faster as the scholarship committee puts the finishing touches on its plans for October Scholarship Month and the Oktoberfest gala on October 29. In an effort to recognize the support of TWOQC for this fundraising event, tickets @ $30 per person will be available for purchase at the August 28 program.
- Please make checks payable to TWOQC Charity Account
- Those wishing to sit with friends at tables of ten should purchase tickets together
- To expedite ticket purchase, please bring a typed or printed list of names if you are buying multiple tickets
BASKETS: Both large and small baskets are needed for the raffle to be held during Oktoberfest.
- Please bring them to the program on August 28 and place them on the Scholarship table at rear of the ballroom
- If you are not attending the program, baskets may be delivered to the home of Marilyn Beim, 595 N. Yucca Butte Lane «map»
The Jeopardy program committee is grateful for the responses received so far. If you attended the Jeopardy program and have suggestions, the committee would love to hear from you. Please fill out the feedback form to submit your suggestions (pros and cons) so that if the game is offered as a program in the future we can make it bigger and better! Please do not be shy, they do want to hear from you. Click the online «Jeopardy Feedback Form» which will be available through next week.
- August 28 – 6:30 p.m. ::: How to Naturally Look & Feel Younger (Rebecca, Continental Spa)
- September 25 – 6:30 p.m. ::: YOTO (Daniel Armenta)
- Oct. 9 – 7:00 p.m. ::: Lecture Series: Navajo Rugs (more info)
- Oct. 21 – 9:00 a.m. ::: Clothing Drive: Homeless Veterans (more info)
- Oct. 23 – 7:00 p.m. ::: Lecture Series: MicroBrewery & Craft Beers
- Oct. 29 – 4:00 p.m. ::: Oktoberfest: Scholarships Fundraiser (more info)
- Oct. 30 – 11:00 a.m. ::: Membership Brunch (Green Valley Big Band)
- Nov. 4 – 9:00 a.m. ::: Fall Festival Arts & Crafts Show (ends: 4pm)
- Nov. 5 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Fall Festival Arts & Crafts Show (ends: 3pm)
- Nov. 13 – 6:30 p.m. ::: Women in American History (Sharon Anderson)
- December 11 – 12:00 p.m. ::: Holiday Luncheon (YOTO holiday gift bags)
- 2018: Wednesday, February 7 ::: Fashion Show (Dillard’s apparel)
- Download and print: «Schedule of Events»
- Check the «Calendar of Events» for committee meetings, events reservation dates, other deadlines
- Check «Events/Notices» for event details
- Questions? Email Kathe, Programs Chair: «email@example.com»