This week’s Friday Morning Message: Monday’s Program: Get Your Tickets, Visors & Polos | Veteran’s Needs | Honor Flight | Clothing Drive | Oktoberfest Gala | 2018 Baby Shower | Volunteer Opportunities | Upcoming Events
SEE YOU ALL AT MONDAY EVENING’S PROGRAM!
Tickets for two events will be available for purchase at this program.
TWOQC’s August program is scheduled for Monday, the 28th at 6:30 p.m. at the Madera Clubhouse. Rebecca Willer from Continental Spa will give skincare tips on “How to Naturally Look and Feel Younger”. Come and learn how to take great care of your skin.
GET YOUR TICKETS!
Plan to purchase your tickets at the August program for the:
♦ «October Membership Brunch» scheduled for Monday, October 30 at 11:00 a.m. ($10/members or $20/first-time guests)
♦ «Oktoberfest» Scholarship fundraiser on Sunday, October 29 at 4:00 p.m. ($30 per person). The Oktoberfest is open to the public. Everyone is invited (spouses and friends from anywhere and everywhere).
VISORS & POLO SHIRTS
- VISORS: We will be selling forest green visors with a gold quail at a back table. Cost is $10.
- PINK POLOS: It has been decided to replace the pink polo shirts with forest green shirts in the same style. The choice was made since green is the club’s color. Of course, if you have a pink shirt you may continue to wear it to our functions. We have a few pink polos left in the following sizes: one large; four 2X; and one 3X. We will be selling them after the program at a clearance sale price of $15.
- GREEN POLOS: We will start taking orders for the green polos at the August 28 meeting. Cost is $20. Shirts will be delivered in time for the clothing drive should the volunteers want to wear one.
- Cash or checks for these items payable to TWOQC.
Donations for the veterans may be placed on a table at the back of the ballroom on August 28. Suggested and requested items may be found on this «LIST».
HONOR FLIGHT #23 in SEPTEMBER
For everyone who plans to attend the Honor Flight on September 2 & 4, please «CLICK HERE» for the flyer with all of the details. Check for possible unexpected last minute changes on the honor flight website: «honorflightsaz.org».
VETERAN’S CLOTHING DRIVE: October 21
A big THANK YOU to all of our members and some of their husbands for volunteering to help with the «VA Clothing Drive».
An informational meeting will be held on Thursday, October 19, prior to the drive on Saturday, October 21. It is a busy but fun morning. And yes, you can take breaks!
For more information please contact Laura at (520) 625-4033 or «firstname.lastname@example.org».
OKTOBERFEST GALA: October 29
It’s almost here! August 28 is only days away when you will be able to purchase your tickets for the «Oktoberfest» on October 29 at 4:00 p.m. The gala evening will offer a German-themed dinner buffet, music to dance the evening away or to simply sit and listen, a 50/50 split the pot, raffle baskets, and also available for purchase… your very own TWOQC logo Pilsner glass.
- Tickets are $30 per person
- Checks should be made payable to TWOQC Charity Account
- Remember, you can purchase tickets for your spouse, significant other, friends, or if you want, complete strangers for this fun-filled evening
Just a note: Those wishing to sit with friends at tables of ten should purchase tickets together. To expedite ticket purchase, please bring a typed or printed list of names if you are buying multiple tickets.
TWOQC Logo Items… Buy Now, Pay Later
At the back table on Monday evening you will also have the opportunity to order:
- Aprons (child-size may be available to order at the September program)
- Thermal totes for your picnic goodies
- Wine totes for gifts or just to carry your beverage of choice to a friend’s house
All items will have our incredibly cute TWOQC logo. Payment for ordered items is due at the September program. And also at Monday’s program you will have an opportunity to visit and donate to the piggies.
2018 MILITARY BABY SHOWER
The date for the 2018 Baby Shower is Saturday, May 19. The theme is “Love You To The Moon and Back!”
The first planning meeting is Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. in the Kino Conference Room. The second meeting will be Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at the same time and location. More information and future meeting dates will be available at the first meeting.
With everyone’s help we can make the 2018 baby shower a great success!
TWOQC VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
♥ We need two volunteers to take orders for TWOQC t-shirts and visors at the table at our monthly programs. Please contact Carol at «email@example.com» for more information.
♥ Volunteers are needed for the VA Clothing Drive, Saturday, October 21 for about 3 hours. You will be helping to sort, inventory and pack donated clothing, household items, kitchen, accessories, shoes, toiletries, calendars, pet items and more. For more information contact Laura at «firstname.lastname@example.org».
Pink = public event
- Sept. 2 & 4 ::: Honor Flight (…more)
- Sept. 25 – 6:30 p.m. ::: YOTO
- Oct. 9 – 7:00 p.m. ::: Lecture Series: Navajo Rugs (…more)
- Oct. 21 – 9:00 a.m. ::: Clothing Drive: Homeless Veterans (…more)
- Oct. 23 – 7:00 p.m. ::: Lecture Series: MicroBrewery & Craft Beers
- Oct. 29 – 4:00 p.m. ::: Oktoberfest: Scholarships Fundraiser (…more)
- Oct. 30 – 11:00 a.m. ::: Membership Brunch (…more TBA)
- Nov. 4 – 9:00 a.m. ::: Fall Festival Arts & Crafts Show (ends: 4pm)
- Nov. 5 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Fall Festival Arts & Crafts Show (ends: 3pm)
- Nov. 13 – 6:30 p.m. ::: Women in American History
- Dec. 11 – 12:00 p.m. ::: Holiday Luncheon (YOTO holiday gift bags)
- 2018: Feb. 7 (Wed.) ::: Fashion Show (Dillard’s apparel)
- 2018: May 19 (Sat.) ::: Military Baby Shower