This week’s Friday Morning Message: Volunteer Opportunity | Navajo Rug Lecture | Oktoberfest Tickets | Beer Talk | Thermal Totes | Clothing Drive | October Membership Brunch | 2018 Military Baby Shower | New Website Theme | Upcoming Events
How would you like the opportunity to help select programs for The Women of Quail Creek? Now is your chance to volunteer with this fun committee. Candidates will need to:
- be comfortable speaking before a large group
- be willing to contact individuals and groups to make arrangements for future programs
- meet 3-4 times a year with Program Committee
- be actively involved in an annual field trip in March
- be computer literate to communicate necessary details to facilitate programs
- and most important – like to have a good time working with a group to plan the programs for TWOQC
Please respond by email to email@example.com.
Thanks to all who supported the rug lecture by attending on October 9 as well as by buying one of the booklets. Steve Getzwiller, owner of the Nizhoni Ranch Gallery in Sonoita, showed us some beautiful rugs along with describing the history of the various styles. Steve also donated the proceeds of the booklet sales to the scholarship fund. Between that donation and the ticket sales, the scholarship fund grew by $390.
A special thanks to the Quail Creek Education Committee who arranged the lecture and donated all the ticket sale proceeds.
Mark your calendars for January 15. That’s the date of the 2nd of three lectures benefiting the scholarship fund which will not only award a scholarship to both Sahuarita and Walden Grove high schools seniors but also to a woman who wants to return to school to finish her degree.
The topic for this lecture will be Arizona Jaguars. The price is $5 per ticket. Watch the Friday Morning Message for the dates that tickets will go on sale.
There are still a few good seats left but don’t hesitate too long since they have been going fast.
For $30, besides helping the Scholarship Program, you can enjoy authentic German food, taste beer for free and dance to the music of the Bouncing Czechs. And yes, they will play other than polkas!
To buy a ticket, call (520) 207-6188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Art of Craft Beer will be the topic of a lecture on October 23 at 7:00 p.m. in the Ballroom. You will not get to taste beer at this (free) lecture—that’s reserved for the Oktoberfest. But you will learn what distinguishes craft beer from the mass produced variety. This will also be your last opportunity to buy Oktoberfest tickets since we have to turn in the number of meals needed by the 24th!
The green totes with gold quail have arrived. They will go on sale at the Brunch on October 30. If you need one or more before then, please contact email@example.com or call (520) 207-6188 and Peggy will make them available. Cost is $7 each or 3 for $20.
Saturday, October 21 from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Creative Arts & Technology Center Parking Lot
2045 E. Quail Crossing Blvd.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR VOLUNTEERS
Thursday, October 19th at 4:00 p.m.
Kino Conference Center – Mesquite Room
Informational meeting, job assignments given out and more
Saturday, October 21st
CATC Parking Lot
8:30* a.m. – Volunteers arrive (*note time change)
9:00 – 11:00 a.m. – “The Gifts of Hope” arrive
11:00 – 11:30 a.m. – Clean up area
Monday, October 23rd
Deliver to VA Hospital Complex
Details to come next FMM, October 20th
We are down to the last week for purchasing tickets for the brunch. The last date you may purchase your seat is the 22nd of October. There are just a few seats available so please make your arrangements today.
- Tickets are $10.00 for members and $20.00 for first time guests.
- If you are purchasing for multiple persons please have the names of each person when you pay.
- Please contact Nancy Jacobs at (970) 946-3910 to reserve your seat(s).
Brunch Menu: Egg salad filled croissant, melon salad and an apple crumb cupcake with goblin glaze. The special drink will be a Black Russian with spider on the side.
If you choose, you may wear a costume, or wear your black and orange as it’s the Halloween season.
“Love You to the Moon and Back”
The first planning meetings will take place at the Kino Conference room on November 1st and December 6th at 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Future dates and times will be given out at our first meeting.
If you would like to attend the shower the day of the event we ask you to the participate in these meetings. Newcomers are welcome!!
What does that mean? Simpy put, a slightly different look.
All pages and elements are in the same place except the Nav Bar is now at the top of the screen, and the Sidebar switched from the left side to the right side. For those who primarily read the FMM on their mobile device, check out the website at womenqc.com or click the image to be redirected to the site.
Pink = public event
- Oct. 21 – 9:00 a.m. ::: Clothing Drive: Homeless Veterans (…more)
- Oct. 23 – 7:00 p.m. ::: FREE Talk: MicroBrewery & Craft Beers
- Oct. 29 – 4:00 p.m. ::: Oktoberfest: Scholarships Fundraiser (…more)
- Oct. 30 – 11:00 a.m. ::: Membership Brunch
- Nov. 4 – 9:00 a.m. ::: Fall Festival Arts & Crafts Show (ends: 4pm)
- Nov. 5 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Fall Festival Arts & Crafts Show (ends: 3pm)
- Nov. 13 – 6:30 p.m. ::: Women in American History
- Dec. 11 – 12:00 p.m. ::: Holiday Luncheon (YOTO holiday gift bags)
- 2018: Jan. 15 (Mon) ::: Lecture Series: Arizona Jaguars
- 2018: Feb. 7 (Wed) ::: Fashion Show (Dillard’s apparel)
- 2018: May 19 (Sat) ::: Military Baby Shower