This week’s Friday Morning Message: October Scholarship Month | Veteran’s Clothing Drive | 2018 Membership Dues | October Brunch | 2018 Military Baby Shower | 2018 Fashion Show | Polo Shirts | Bing/Grondahl Holiday Plates for sale | Upcoming Events
TICKETS ARE GOING FAST… TABLES ARE FILLING… DON’T MISS OUT! Bring friends and a mate for food, music, fun, 50/50 raffle, gift baskets raffle, pretzels and beer.
October 8: Get your tickets for the Oktoberfest, 50/50 raffle and the Navajo Rug lecture at the Sunday Brunch in the Madera Clubhouse from 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Oktoberfest tickets are $30 per person
- 50/50 raffle tickets are $1 each, 6 for $5, 14 for $10, and 30 for $20
- Lecture is $5
October 9: An Expert Shares the Story of Navajo Rugs – Madera Ballroom at 7:00 p.m. Navajo rug expert Steve Getzwiller of Nizhoni Ranch Gallery in Sonoita will share with us his extensive knowledge of Navajo rugs, their history, styles and current trends. All proceeds will go to TWOQC Scholarship Fund. For additional information access this link: Navajo Rugs.
October 23: Complimentary Craft Beer Talk – Madera Ballroom at 7:00 p.m. Not only will Barrio Brewery be on hand to discuss the ins and outs of craft beer but they will be available to answer any questions should you decide that you make the best tasting beer around and just need a few pointers on how to make it even better.
Complimentary is always good, but please remember this is part of TWOQC’s scholarship fund-raising so a donation, either cash or check would be appreciated. All checks should be made payable to “TWOQC Charity Account”. To entice you even further, at the Barrio Brewery talk, you will be able to purchase tickets for Oktoberfest and the 50/50 raffle. As a very special overture you will be able to order Pilsner glasses for $8 each. And with each Pilsner glass purchase you will receive a FREE one-time fill at Oktoberfest. What a deal!!!!
October 29:Oktoberfest 4:00 p.m.
Saturday · October 21 · 9 to 11:00 a.m.
2045 E. Quail Crossing Blvd.
For more information access this link: VA Clothing Drive.
Or contact Laura Colbert at 625-4033 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to renew your membership before our membership brunch on October 30, you will find forms in TWOQC’s slot in the hallway of the clubhouse as well as on the website at womenqc.com
- There is a form (in Word) on the website that gives you the opportunity to type in the information. This makes it much easier for the membership and Internet team to get the email address right the first time.
- There is also a block on the membership form asking if you have any special talents/experience (e.g., writing, fund-raising, decorating). That information will help us if we ever need special help for one of our projects. [… Membership form]
- Anyone renewing now will have their dues paid through December 31, 2018.
Completed forms may be dropped off at or mailed to Angie Werner’s house at 1924 E. Orinda Lane (map). Checks for $25 should be made payable to TWOQC. For any further information you may email Angie at email@example.com.
There are only 18 days left to purchase seats for the October Brunch on the 30th. The last date you may purchase your seat is October 22nd. There are still seats available so please make your arrangements today. Tickets are $10.00 for members and $20.00 for first time guests. If you are purchasing for others please have the names of each person when you pay. Please contact Nancy Jacobs at (970) 946-3910 to reserve your seat(s).
BRUNCH MENU: Egg salad filled croissant, melon salad and an apple crumb cupcake with goblin glaze. The special drink will be a Black Russian with spider on the side.
If you choose, you may wear a costume, or wear your black and orange — it’s the Halloween season! Hope to see each of you at this fun event!
“Love You to the Moon and Back”
The first planning meetings will take place in the Kino Conference Room on November 1st and December 6th at 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Future dates and times will be announced at our first meeting. If you would like to attend the shower the day of the event we ask you to the participate in these meetings. Newcomers are welcome!
Only four months to go — and they go fast! Many volunteers met last week for a great planning session.
As you know, the theme is “Colors of Cancer.” Peach stands for uterine, teal and white stand for cervical. Each cancer has its unique color or colors.
Colored wire ribbon is needed to prepare bows for the many gift baskets for raffle prizes. As you travel around town, if you see a garage sale or are going by the White Elephant or Goodwill, consider purchasing wired ribbon. They may be dropped off at Carol Shelton’s home located at 2415 E. Overview Lane.(map) There is a box on the front patio.
The Polo shirts have been ordered and the expected delivery date is approximately October 17. We will notify you when they arrive should you want to pick them up. Or, they will be available at the Brunch on October 30. Thanks for your patience in getting the shirts.
A gracious donor outside of Quail Creek has generously made a contribution of several Bing and Grondahl holiday plates for us to use as part of our scholarship fundraiser. These plates make great mementos and gifts because they may be from a year that represents a significance for you and your family.
The years available are: 1965, 1970, 1971,1972, 1973, 1974, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1983,1984, 1985, 1986,1987, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, and 2009.
Cost is $10 each, cash or checks payable to TWOQC Charity Account. If you are interested in purchasing any of these plates, please contact Peggy at firstname.lastname@example.org. All sales go towards scholarships.
Pink = public event
- Oct. 9 – 7:00 p.m. ::: Lecture Series: Navajo Rugs (…more)
- Oct. 21 – 9:00 a.m. ::: Clothing Drive: Homeless Veterans (…more)
- Oct. 23 – 7:00 p.m. ::: FREE Talk: MicroBrewery & Craft Beers
- Oct. 29 – 4:00 p.m. ::: Oktoberfest: Scholarships Fundraiser (…more)
- Oct. 30 – 11:00 a.m. ::: Membership Brunch
- Nov. 4 – 9:00 a.m. ::: Fall Festival Arts & Crafts Show (ends: 4pm)
- Nov. 5 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Fall Festival Arts & Crafts Show (ends: 3pm)
- Nov. 13 – 6:30 p.m. ::: Women in American History
- Dec. 11 – 12:00 p.m. ::: Holiday Luncheon (YOTO holiday gift bags)
- 2018: Feb. 7 (Wed.) ::: Fashion Show (Dillard’s apparel)
- 2018: May 19 (Sat.) ::: Military Baby Shower