This week’s Friday Morning Message: Let’s All Be “A Wee Bit Irish”: June 25 | Memorial Day Service | Homeless & Hospitalized Veterans | Annual Clothing/Household Goods Drive | Boxes, Boxes, Boxes | Thermal Totes for Scholarships | Upcoming Events
TWOQC June summer luncheon is fast approaching. Reserve your seats now. Entertainment will be provided by the Celtic Steps, an award-winning troupe of exciting, young talent.
Seats are being sold in tables of 8. Contact Janice Messer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (951) 230-1171 to reserve and pay. *Price is $20 for members, $25 for non-member first time guests. *Please provide a preferred table number if you have a preference (maybe you’ll be joining your friends who already have reserved seats). As always, reserve your seats early for the best choice.
SUMMER LUNCHEON SCHEDULE: Monday, June 25, 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Menu: Chicken salad stuffed beefsteak tomato on a bed of greens with raspberry vinaigrette and green goddess dressing on the side, bread, iced tea/water/coffee, and chocolate cupcake with Irish cream frosting.
- 11am – Bar opens
- 11:30 – Luncheon begins
- 11:45 – Remarks
- 12pm – Lunch is served
- 1pm – Program begins (Celtic Steps)
Laurie Brown, Quail Creek resident and United States Marine Corps veteran, very graciously laid TWOQC wreath at the Memorial Day service this past Monday at the Green Valley Mortuary and Cemetery.
TWOQC members in attendance to honor veterans who have given their lives for our freedom included (in photo with Laurie Brown): Ruth McDermott, Carol Mutter and Pat Neel. Not in photo was Peggy McGee. We are so proud to participate in this program each Memorial Day. MORE PHOTOS
Thanks to those ladies who dropped off items for the homeless veterans at Laura Colbert’s and Peggy McGee’s homes after our last meeting. Especially needed was the underwear. Everything was taken to the VA on May 30. The VA says they can still use 2018 calendars so check your drawers and bookshelves. If you find any pocket or wall calendars, you may bring them to the luncheon on June 25.
Mark your calendar, clean out your closets and save your discards for The Women of Quail Creek annual clothing drive for homeless veterans on October 20th. Volunteers will be taking donations in the parking lot between the Creative Arts and Technology Building and the Madera Clubhouse between the hours of 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. READ MORE
If you have small to medium sized boxes (approximately 16” x 12”), we are eagerly collecting them now for donated items at the Clothing Drive, October 20th. We will gladly pick up your flattened boxes for storage until the event.
To donate boxes, please call our volunteers at (520) 625-9353. Thanks for helping out!
Our triple digit heat is a challenge, no doubt about it. The best solution for keeping your frozen foods from thawing and your ice cream from melting is to purchase a thermal tote from TWOQC.
Profits help fund TWOQC scholarships. You can order yours from Peggy McGee at email@example.com for $7.
(♦) public event
- June 25 – 11:30 a.m.→Summer Luncheon “A Wee Bit Irish”
- July 30 – 6:30 p.m.→Making New Fashions from Found Clothing
- Aug. 27 – 6:30 p.m.→Makeup for Baby Boomers & Beyond
- Sept. 24 – 6:30 p.m.→Creative Tips to Refresh and Redecorate Your Home Tastefully
- Oct. 14→Oktoberfest for Scholarships (♦)
- Oct. 20→Clothing Drive for Homeless Veterans (♦)
- Oct. 29→Membership Brunch “Fiesta”
- Nov. 12→”Getting Holiday Ready” Ladies Night Out
- Dec. 10→Holiday Luncheon
- Feb. 25→American Cancer Society Fashion Show
- Print the Schedule of Events
- Check the Online Calendar for committee meetings, events reservation dates, ticket selling dates, & other deadlines (as they become available)
- Programs & events (topics, dates, & times) are subject to change
- Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Thank you” to this week’s FMM contributors: Peggy McGee, Carol Mutter, Diane Quinn, and Anne Smith.