This week’s Friday Morning Message: Message from the President | Learn to Look Your Best at Monday’s Program | Browse Sponsored Events on Monday: October Member Luncheon Seats for Sale; Oktoberfest Items & Tickets for Sale + Need Baskets for the Raffle; YOTO School Supplies; Calendars & Toiletries for VA; Honor Flight Notes of Appreciation | Clothing Drive: Save the October Date | Something ♥NEW♥ for TWOQC Members Coming in November | Upcoming Events
September is here and it marks the start of an exciting, dizzyingly busy Fall. In this message you’ll be reading about opportunities to become involved in your favorite TWOQC charity(s). There’s also information about a variety of social activities for you to explore. With so much to choose from, please remember your level of involvement is totally up to you. Arrive early for the August program to discover the latest happenings and plans. We encourage you to bring your checkbook in case you decide to make a purchase, buy tickets to an event, or contribute to a charity of choice. But please remember, whether you do a lot or a little with TWOQC, we’re happy to have you as a member.
REMINDER: We will vote on the proposed ByLaws changes at the beginning of the program.
Join us Monday evening at 6:30 in the clubhouse ballroom for a fun and informative presentation from Elise Marquam-Jahns. Elise will offer skincare and makeup tips & techniques for women over 50.
We know these presentations are very popular so get there early for the best seat and while you are there browse the many upcoming events sponsored by TWOQC:
October Member Luncheon
Seats for the October Fiesta luncheon will be on sale before and after Monday’s program. The menu includes a delicious fiesta salad and Mexican wedding cookies, among other goodies.
Seats are sold for $10.00 for members and $25.00 for first time guests. Tables will seat 10 so purchase your seats early. This is a popular luncheon, great fun, and seats will go quickly!
To purchase, please see Janice Messer at the far end of the hallway outside the ballroom.
Oktoberfest for Scholarships
Mark your calendar for October 14th and plan to attend Oktoberfest, the gala fundraiser for TWOQC Scholarship Program.
Visit the members of the Scholarship Committee on Monday:
- You will be able to pre-purchase Oktoberfest table tickets. If buying either a table or multiple seats, please remember to bring a list of those at your table. Tickets are $30 per person payable to The Women of Quail Creek (TWOQC) Charity Account.
- Buy 50/50 raffle tickets.
- Pre-purchase Pilsner glasses which will include a free fill of beer ($8 each) for your enjoyment at the gala.
- Purchase wine tote(s) and/or insulated shopping bags with cute TWOQC logo.
Baskets for Oktoberfest Raffles
The Scholarship Committee is in need of baskets for Oktoberfest gift raffles. The creation of these wonderful baskets is beginning in September. Please bring your basket donations to Monday’s program, or drop them off the home of Marilyn Beim, 595 N. Yucca Butte.
School Supplies Are Still Needed
The need for school supplies to support students participating in Youth On Their Own (YOTO) continues even though school has started. Most supplies are on sale now with big mark downs. What better time to take advantage of bargains and do some good at the same time. Bring your contributions to the program on Monday and leave them with YOTO volunteers at the back of the ballroom. Can’t make it to the program? You can leave your supplies in the bin at the clubhouse or bring them to Diane Quinn’s home, 2276 E Skywalker Way.
2019 Calendars & Toiletries for the VA
The need for unopened toiletries for the homeless veterans continues throughout the year. And right now they can also use sunglasses and sunscreen. The hospitalized veterans like the calendars, both wall and pocket style. Snacks and disposable plates, cups and utensils—packages may be opened—are always needed. Check your cabinets and drawers to see if there is anything you will not be using.
You may place all items in the rear of the ballroom at Monday’s program. If you will not be at the program, you may drop donations at Peggy McGee’s house, 1908 E Longspur Place.
Honor Flight: Notes… Notes… Notes
During the return flight mail is delivered and it is the perfect culmination to a deeply meaningful trip. Please consider writing a short note to, “Dear Hero”, or to a specific veteran. For a list of participants CLICK HERE. To access ideas for a note, CLICK HERE.
Notes can be delivered to Carin Kaiser at Monday’s TWOQC program or to Kay Robinson, 898 N Kenneth Drive, before September 11th.
This is the date volunteers will be taking donations of winter clothing and small household items for TWOQC’s annual Homeless Veterans Clothing and Household Goods Drive.
Just box or bag your items and drive through the parking lot between the Creative Arts and Technology Building and the Madera Clubhouse between 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 20th. There will be volunteers ready to unload your items. So easy!
All donations are appreciated. If you are unable to bring your donations to the event, please ask a friend or neighbor to deliver them.
Receipts for tax purposes will be available. If you have any questions concerning the event, please contact: Anne Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clear your calendar now for November 12, 6:00 – 8:30. Why, you say? Because you won’t want to miss Getting Holiday Ready: Ladies Night Out! A first time offering by TWOQC. Stay tuned to the Friday Morning Messages for more information. Tickets go on sale in September for this really fun evening.
(♦) public event
- Aug. 27 – 6:30 p.m.→From Good to Gorgeous: Skincare and Makeup Tips & Techniques for Women 50+
- Sept. 22-24→Honor Flight (details in FMM) (♦)
- Sept. 24 – 6:30 p.m.→Creative Tips to Refresh and Redecorate Your Home Tastefully
- Oct. 14→Oktoberfest for Scholarships (♦)
- Oct. 20→Clothing Drive for Homeless Veterans (♦)
- Oct. 27-29→Honor Flight (details in FMM) (♦)
- Oct. 29→Membership Fiesta Luncheon with Mariachi Aztlan
- Oct. 29 – 7 p.m.→Lecture: From Tucson to the Top of Everest: Dr. John Klein’s Odyssey (♦)
- Nov. 12 – 6-8 p.m.→“Getting Holiday Ready” Ladies Night Out
- Dec. 10→Holiday Luncheon
- Jan. 14 – 7 p.m.→Lecture: Ranger of the Lost Art: Rediscovered WPA National Park Posters (♦)
- Jan. 28 – 10 a.m.→Empowering Women & Girls: Collaborating for Success
- Feb. 25→American Cancer Society Fashion Show (♦)
- Mar. 4 – 7 p.m.→Lecture: Fabulous Fliers: The Birds of Madera Canyon and the Santa Rita’s (♦)
“Thank you” to this week’s FMM contributors: Marilyn Beim, Carol Mutter/Peggy McGee, Janice Pell, Diane Quinn, Kay Robinson, and Anne Smith.