Sept. 28, 2018 — In week’s Friday Morning Message: Tips & Tricks for Home Decorating | Celebrating TWOQC | Tickets for Ladies Night are GOING FAST! | Oktoberfest is Almost Here | Member’s Corner | Fashion Show for Cancer Research | VA Table | Honor Flight | Upcoming Events
Lily Guthrie, owner of Tastefully Decorated captivated and inspired the audience at the program on August 24th. She challenged us to think about our home and to ask ourselves if it “Rises up and greets us when we walk through the door”? She shared how to make our home an expression of our self. It can be a motivating environment at little or no cost.
Lily’s presentation included many tips. For example, did you know that a bit of black in a room helps to ground everything else? Or, that cool colors will make a room feel larger. Likewise, warm colors make a room feel cozier. Lily provided tips for arranging furniture to create a new look. She discussed the do’s and don’ts for displaying and grouping treasured items. She discussed the placement of art work and accent wall colors. An informative question and answer session followed, after which two lucky gals won a free consultation with Lily. Way to go!
Pictured are the lucky door prize winners with guest speaker, Lily Guthrie (right). See more photos of the program (by Eileen Sykora, club photographer).
Join us for a fiesta luncheon in celebration of TWOQC! Fewer than 100 seats are left for this joyous event. Reservations are available by contacting Janice at (951) 230-1171 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost is $10 for members, $25 for first-time guests.
WHO: TWOQC members and first-time guests.
WHAT: Fiesta Luncheon with entertainment provided by Mariachi Aztlan from Pueblo High School in Tucson.
WHEN: October 29th – Bar Opens at 11:00 a.m., luncheon seating at 11:30 a.m.
WHY: To celebrate our camaraderie and our commitment to making a difference.
We sold almost half of our “Ladies Night Out” tickets at Monday’s program. Clearly, people are excited about this new event. Don’t be left out. Only 200 members of TWOQC will be able to participate in this great interactive evening.
On Monday, November 12 from 6-8:30 p.m:
- Ladies will be able to view and interact with
- cookie decorating
- bow making
- gift wrapping
- napkin folding
- scarf wrapping demos
- Other areas of the ballroom will display holiday table decorating ideas.
- Holiday cocktails will be demonstrated to give you entertaining ideas.
- Several lucky ladies will receive mini-facials or massages by participating in our on-site, free raffle.
All this for only a $5 admission fee. NO tickets will be sold that evening, so you must get them now. For further information contact email@example.com.
On Sunday, October 14th at 5:30pm ….the fun begins.
Last chance for Oktoberfest tickets. There are only a few seats left.
To purchase a ticket contact Peggy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (520) 207-6188. If no answer, please leave a message and your call will be returned. Cash or checks only payable to: TWOQC Charity Account.
Also, on Sunday, September 30th, from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at the Grill you’ll be able to purchase items to benefit the TWOQC Scholarship program:
- 50/50 raffle tickets (current pot is $915!)
- Wine totes, thermal totes (while they last)
- Quail aprons, both adult size & tavern style
- Pilsner glasses with quail logo ($8)
Thank you to our Monday night Membership volunteers who energetically hand out and collect badges, do various check-ins and “other duties as assigned.” You are the warm and welcoming face of our club. It takes a village and we are grateful. This month, Carin Kaiser, Sharon Krueger, Mary Smith and Bonnie Vanni managed badges. Kathy Westerburg welcomed new guests at the guest book. Pam Hartwell-James encouraged everyone to put their name in the door-prize basket. Kathi Krieg and Pam Rodgers happily greeted all that renewed their memberships and received NINE new members at their table.
We would appreciate your help at the October Fiesta Luncheon. We need assistance welcoming our membership at the name tag table, guest book sign-in, door prize basket, membership table, and seating hostess. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to help.
It continues to be an exciting and active time for Membership as new members pour in and membership renewal has begun. Our newest members are:
Jan Auflick, Joanne Bero, Tina Davis, Eileen DeConnick, Robin DeLozier, Jan Ewings, Karen Gonzales, Sherri Mayhew, and Barb Sobiech.
New members wear pink name badges, so when you see these women, be sure to give them a very warm TWOQC welcome.
2019 Fashion Show: February 25th
Support TWOQC Fashion Show by Making a Themed Basket!
Help make our basket raffle a big success this year by making an eye-catching themed basket. Some popular examples include: Chocolate, spices, adventure, beauty, date night, and spa packages. Check out Pinterest.com for other clever ideas, and THANK YOU for helping.
Please contact one of the following people to arrange for donation drop-off or pick-up:
- Lisa Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 577-4669
- Pam Rodgers at prodgersAZ@gmail.com or (520) 561-7969
- Diane Gordon at email@example.com (520) 399-1372 (after Nov. 1)
THANK YOU ladies for your generous donations of snacks, paper products, calendars, note pads, toiletries and much more. Collections are made at most monthly programs to offset on-going needs of Veterans. Please know that many women and men are positively impacted by your donation.
Cancellation! How sad that Honor Flight #25 was cancelled due to weather in Dallas. The rescheduled date will be announced when determined. Please stand by.
The October 27th flight to Washington DC (and return flight on the 29th) is still “on”. Please consider writing notes of thanks and appreciation for the veterans’ service (“to a Hero” or “To a Veteran”). Thank you in advance for your time.
(♦) public event
- Oct. 14 – 5:30 p.m.→Oktoberfest for Scholarships (♦)
- Oct. 20 – 9-11 a.m.→Clothing Drive for Homeless Veterans (♦)
- Oct. 27-29→Honor Flight #26 (tentative dates) (♦)
- Oct. 29 – 11:30 a.m.→Membership Fiesta Luncheon with Mariachi Aztlan
- Oct. 29 – 7 p.m.→Lecture: From Tucson to the Top of Everest: Dr. John Klein’s Odyssey (♦)
- Nov. 12 – 6-8:30 p.m.→“Getting Holiday Ready” Ladies Night Out
- Dec. 10→Holiday Luncheon: Lighting Up the Holidays
- Jan. 14 – 7 p.m.→Lecture: Ranger of the Lost Art: Rediscovered WPA National Park Posters (♦)
- Jan. 28 – 10 a.m.→Empowering Women & Girls: Collaborating for Success
- Feb. 25→American Cancer Society Fashion Show (♦)
- Mar. 4 – 7 p.m.→Lecture: Fabulous Fliers: The Birds of Madera Canyon and the Santa Rita’s (♦)
- Mar. →Honor Flight #27 (with #25 – rescheduled from Sept 2018) (♦)
“Thank you” to this week’s FMM contributors: Barb Hunsinger, Lisa Johnson, Peggy McGee, Diane Quinn, Kay Robinson, and Angie Werner.