February 21, 2020
- President’s Message: Experiencing the Power of Community
- A Vision of Hope: Fashion Show for Cancer Research Results
- The Gift of Sponsorship – Julie’s Gratitude♥
- Let’s Go to the Zoo: Field Trip Reservations
- Support Our Military Moms and Dads
- Camino de Santiago Lecture
- Member’s Corner: Discover Quail Creek
- Upcoming Programs & Events – Save These Dates
President’s Message: Experiencing the Power of Community
In the last two weeks I have had the opportunity to experience TWOQC in many ways. I have seen our members come together to explore new opportunities to reach our goals and I have seen them band together to assure that Quail Creek continues its support of our charitable objectives. I have seen hundreds of women, many of them members of TWOQC, join in celebration of survivors and in hope for a healthy future. I have truly experienced the power of community. So, it seems very appropriate that today we share the new mission statement for The Women Of Quail Creek.
We are a Community of Women dedicated to education, charitable support, and social engagement.
This statement, adopted by the Board at a meeting on February 11, will serve as a framework for our goals through at least 2022.
“A Vision of Hope” Fashion Show for Cancer Research
There was joyous applause when the Fashion Show Co-Chairs, Lisa Johnson and Pam Rodgers, announced that over $17,500 was raised for the American Cancer Society Tuesday. Present to hear the great news were Denis Cournoyer and his team from the American Cancer Society, as well as many esteemed sponsors.
In addition to a terrific lunch and lovely fashion show featuring clothing from Nancy Pantz, attendees had fun browsing and bidding on gorgeous silent auction items. They selected from 67 amazing raffle baskets and took a chance (or several chances) on the 60/20/20 raffle. Sylvia Perry and Sandi Beecher were the lucky winners.
“Thank you” many times over to the expertly organized, creative, and fun-loving Fashion Show committee members. Thank you, also, to our beautiful models – all of whom are cancer survivors. Thank you to our club photographer, Eileen Sykora, for the wonderful photos. Thank you, finally, to the many participants who contributed to the cause. Lives are better because of your generosity.
The Gift of Sponsorship – Julie’s Gratitude♥
I received the news today that four tables have been sponsored in my name at today’s Fashion Show. I am humbled and grateful, and quite frankly, touched beyond words.
This gift represents so many acts of kindness combined into a great big HUG! You are an amazing group of women who do great things for so many in our community. I am honored to be the recipient of this recognition. Your support lifts my spirits and makes this journey so much easier.
God Bless You All,
Let’s Go to the Zoo!
Time to buy tickets for the Field Trip to the Reid Park Zoo. We have approximately 20 tickets left to purchase for $60 per ticket. The cost of the ticket includes a fun bus ride with friends, entry in to the zoo, the Behind the Scenes Tour and lunch. Jed Dodds, our January speaker gave us a great overview of the Reid Park Zoo now and in the future. Jed will be one of the animal handlers leading our tours.
Lunch is also included and there are three lunch options and multiple drink options. The zoo gift shop is just really fun to shop. So, come on along! Expand your horizons with a day of fun and adventure.
For tickets, contact Bobbi Gordon: email@example.com or access this link for the online reservation form.
Support Our Military Moms and Dads
The Military Baby Shower committee has started their fundraising drive to support the upcoming baby shower taking place on May 16. Active Air and Army National Guard families participating in the shower are screened and selected by the Family Readiness Program Manager at the Air National Guard Base in Tucson where the shower will be held. The committee welcomes donations of new baby items, and/or money to purchase needed essentials. Donations can be left in the donation boxes at Madera Clubhouse, Anza Athletic Center or at 475 N Keyes Rd (in front porch box). Contact Karen (Committee Chair) with questions 269-7341. Thank you for supporting our military families!
Camino de Santiago Lecture
On Monday, March 16, join Quail Creek’s own Judy Middleton as she shares her story and photographs of her recent journey along the northern coast of Spain in a talk titled, “500 Miles in 34 Days: One Woman’s Camino de Santiago Journey”.
The Camino de Santiago began in the Middle Ages as a Christian pilgrimage to honor St James, winding through mountains, valleys, steep hills, rivers, streams, bridges and much more.
The lecture is at 7 PM in the Madera Clubhouse Crystal Ballroom and is open to the public. Tickets are $5 and are available at the Concierge Desk (check only, payable to TWOQC Charity Account), and at the door (cash or check). Proceeds benefit TWOQC Scholarship Fund.
Discover Quail Creek
Thank you to the following individuals for volunteering for this event! Becky Ashin, Judi Byrne, Bobbi Gordon, Diane Gordon, Barb Hunsinger, Sue Obremski, Diane Quinn, Sally Robuck, Susan Writer. And a big thank you to club photographer, Eileen Sykora, for the wonderful poster capturing all the fun and good work that we do!
SAVE THESE DATES!
(♦) public event
- (♦) Mar. 16 – 7pm Lecture Series: 500-Miles in 34-Days: One Woman’s Camino de Santiago Journey
- Mar. 30 – 9am Field Trip: Reid Park Zoo
- (♦) Apr. 27 – 6:30pm Scholarships Recognition Program
- (♦) May 9-11 – Honor Flight#30 @ Tucson International Airport (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- May 18 – 4:30-6pm Mystery Mixer
- (♦) June 6-8 – Honor Flight#31 @ Tucson International Airport (contact: email@example.com)
- June 29 – (time: TBA) Summer Luncheon
- July 27 – 6:30pm Event TBA
- Aug. 31– 6:30pm Ichiban Floral Arranging
- Sept. 28 – 6:30pm Tumacookery
- Oct. 26 – (time: TBA) Membership Gathering
- Nov. 16 – 6:30pm Honor Flight
- Dec. 8 – (time: TBA) Holiday Luncheon
- Check the Online Calendar for additional events, general & committee meetings, events reservation dates, ticket selling dates, & other deadlines (as they become available)
- Programs & Events (topics, locations, dates, & times) are subject to change.
- For questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
FMM CONTRIBUTORS: Kathe A. (programs), Karen B. (baby shower), Lisa J. (fashion show news), Barb H. (membership news), and Julie W. (scholarship lecture). PUBLISHING TEAM: President, 1st Vice President, and Webmaster.