If anyone has a stand-alone arch that we can borrow for the fashion show, please contact Nancy Jacobs at firstname.lastname@example.org. We need to have it by January 26 to give us time to decorate it. We will return it right after the fashion show scheduled for February 6. Before you ask, Madera’s broke and the one they use for weddings outside the Grill are rented starting at $75 so we’d rather use Fashion Show money to support cancer research.
We are in need of some of those drawstring jewelry pouches in organza or velvet or whatever material you might have. We will be using them for the Moms’ bags for the baby shower that will be held on April 18. You may bring them to our meeting on January 26 at 10 a.m. or drop them at Laura Colbert’s house at 2040 E Cypress Canyon Drive. If you are wishing to donate clothing, perhaps you can find something in the post-holiday sales. I did!
HELP NEEDED FOR THE FASHION SHOW RAFFLE
We need people to help with check-in at the Fashion Show. If you can help, please let Nancy Jacobs know at email@example.com.
If you received any baskets for Christmas that we can use to display raffle prizes, you may drop them off at Ginny Hutcheson’s house at 2494 E Bluejay Bluff Lane. And if you received any holiday gifts that just were not you, please consider re-gifting them for the raffle.
Food, wine, jewelry, or spa products are always popular as are gift certificates. Or perhaps a few of you could go together and donate the contents for a gourmet food basket. We’ll make the basket of food look really pretty. You may bring donations to our meeting on January 26. If you have questions about raffle donations, please call Ginny at 520-495-4027.
FASHION SHOW TICKETS ON SALE ON JANUARY 15
If you haven’t gotten your ticket yet, they will be on sale in the Madera lobby from 4-5 on Thursday, January 15, right before Bingo.
If you can’t get there on the 15th, please contact Nancy Jacobs at 970-946-3910.
- The fashion show will be held on Friday, February 6.
- Your $25 ticket will get you admission to the fashion show with outfits provided by Nancy Pantz in the Continental Plaza Shopping Center as well as a delicious lunch.
- Menu is Chicken Nogales, cilantro rice and Birthday Cake for dessert.
- One does not have to be a member of TWOQC to attend the fashion show so please invite your neighbors to help us raise funds to not only support cancer research but also to provide services to cancer victims in the local area.
- Checks payable to: TWOQC Charity Account.
If you can help sell cookbooks from 9-10 AM on Monday, January 26, right before our meeting or on January 28 from 10-noon or noon to 2 at the Green Valley Village Farmer’s Market, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need a cookbook before the end of the month, please contact me at email@example.com to arrange pick-up.
Our January meeting will feature Anne Maxon from the VisitTucson organization. You’ll hear about the many fascinating attractions and cuisine to be found around town. You will also learn about great restaurants to try, “off the beaten track” fun activities, the art and cultural scene and interesting day trips. Anne will demonstrate how to use the website for VisitTucson to find topics such as 100 Things to do and 23 miles of great Mexican food. Tucson unique door prizes will be awarded.
Just three more weeks to renew your dues for 2015. Since many were travelling over the holidays, we won’t remove you from the membership database until the end of January. The updated renewal membership forms are on the website (click HERE). You may drop renewals checks and forms at Carol Mutter’s home at 482 N Alexis Loop. If you don’t plan to renew and want your name removed from the Friday Morning Messages now rather than at the end of January, you MUST unsubscribe.
- Go to your email
- Open a previous Friday Morning Message
- Scroll to the bottom
- Click “unsubscribe”
Follow the next few simple steps to permanently remove yourself from subscribing to the weekly president’s message. The system will not allow us to do that for you.
NEW MEMBERS: When you are entered into the database as a new member you are automatically subscribed to the Friday Morning Messages. However you must complete the process by following these two steps:
- Go to your email and open the one from The Women of Quail Creek
- Click CONFIRM FOLLOW in that email to complete the subscription process
The first coupon clipping party of 2015 will be held on Friday, January 23 at 9 a.m. at the Connell sisters’ house, 539 Ramos Lane. You will be finished by noon. If you can help out that morning, please let Lois or Janet know at 300-4135 so they can make sure there are enough snacks. You may drop off coupons, clipped and hopefully sorted by food and non-food and better yet by denomination, at their house at any time. There is a drop box by their front door.
SOME INTERESTING FACTOIDS
Here are some interesting 2014 year-end statistics, a report generated from WordPress that reflects our first year using the WordPress blogging site as our website:
- A New York City subway train holds 1,200 people. TWOQC blog was viewed about 8,000 times in 2014. If it were a NYC subway train, it would take about 7 trips to carry that many people.
- There were 946 pictures uploaded, taking up a total of 7 GB. That’s about 3 pictures per day.
- The busiest day of the year was May 24th with 398 views. The most popular post that day was History of Green Valley.
- In 2014, there were 15 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 16 posts.
- Best day: Friday, with 14 posts total.
Attractions in 2014
These are the posts that got the most visitors in 2014:
- Monthly Meeting
- 2014 June Meeting: Summer Luau Luncheon
How did our viewers find us?
The top referring sites in 2014 were:
Where did our website visitors come from?
- Most visitors came from The United States.
- Brazil & Canada were not far behind.
Follow this link to see this colorful stats report online. Report will load immediately following the quick “firework display”: TWOQC Website 2014 Annual Report. (Keep scrolling down as you read each short section.)