I know many of you enjoyed the Gatekeeper’s when they performed for us in November. They are going to be part of the Sahuarita JROTC Massing of the Colors tribute to veteran’s ceremony on Saturday, January 17 at 10 a.m. at Sahuarita’s High School’s auditorium. All are invited—no charge. Unfortunately the man working on the patriotic CD became quite ill, so it is not done yet.
Were you aware there is a human trafficking problem in Arizona? If you’d like to learn more, there is an informational program being offered on January 17 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Green Valley Community Church, 300 W. Esperanza Blvd.
With Valentine’s Day approaching, we are looking for ladies who are willing to sell cookbooks in front of the Grill on Sunday, February 8. One shift from 9:30-11:30 and another from 11:30-1:30. If you can help please let me know at email@example.com, giving your preferred shift.
Our January meeting will feature Anne Maxon from the VisitTucson organization. You’ll hear about the many fascinating attractions and cuisine to be found around town. You will also learn about great restaurants to try, “off the beaten track” fun activities, the art and cultural scene and interesting day trips. Anne will demonstrate how to use the website for VisitTucson to find topics such as 100 Things to do and 23 miles of great Mexican food. Tucson unique door prizes will be awarded. ***In order to ensure Anne brings enough visitors guides for everyone, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend.***
MARCH FIELD TRIP
This year our annual field trip will take place on TUESDAY, March 31. Busses will leave the Madera parking lot at 9 a.m. and return somewhere between 4 & 4:30. We will have two stops—the De Grazia Museum and the Miniatures Time Machine Museum. We will meet together for a Spaghetti Bolognese lunch at Pina Trattoria with an éclair for dessert. Cost will be $40. Tickets will go on sale at 9 a.m. on January 26 at the back of the ballroom. Trip is limited to 108 ladies so get your tickets early.
Just two more weeks to renew your dues for 2015. If you don’t renew before then your name will be removed from the membership database.
That means you will miss out on all of Marianne’s clever animations in the Friday Morning Message. The updated renewal forms are on the website (MEMBERSHIP FORM).
If you are a winter resident and have not yet gotten your champagne flute or CD covering our 10 years of activities, please let me know at email@example.com and I will arrange for you to get them.
We are in need of some of those drawstring jewelry pouches in organza or velvet or whatever material you might have. We will be using them for the Moms’ bags for the baby shower that will be held on April 18.
You may bring them to our meeting on January 26 at 10 a.m. or drop them at Laura Colbert’s house at 2040 E Cypress Canyon Drive. If you have other baby items you wish to donate or cash/checks to allow us to buy diapers, you may also bring them to the meeting.
Checks should be made payable to: TWOQC Charity Account.
HELP NEEDED FOR THE FASHION SHOW RAFFLE
We need ladies to help with check-in or other details at the Fashion Show to be held on February 6.
- If you can help, please let Nancy Jacobs know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you received any baskets for Christmas that we can use for raffle prizes, you may drop them off at Ginny Hutcheson’s house at 2494 E Bluejay Bluff Lane.
- And if you received any holiday gifts that just were not you, please consider re-gifting them for the raffle.
- Food, wine, jewelry, or spa products are always popular as are gift certificates. Or perhaps a few of you could go together and donate the contents for a gourmet food basket. We’ll make the basket of food look really pretty.
- You may bring donations to our meeting on January 26.
If you have questions about raffle donations, please call Ginny at 520-495-4027.
COUPON CLIPPING PARTY
The first coupon clipping party of 2015 will be held on Friday, January 23 at 9 a.m. at the Connell sisters’ house, 539 Ramos Lane.
- You will be finished by noon.
- If you can help out that morning, please let Lois or Janet know at 300-4135 so they can make sure there are enough snacks.
- You may drop off coupons, clipped and hopefully sorted by food and non-food and better yet by denomination, at their house at any time.
- There is a drop box by their front door.