COUPON CLIPPING PARTY
The first coupon clipping party of 2015 will be held TODAY January 23 at 9 a.m. at the Connell sisters’ house, 539 Ramos Lane. You will be finished by noon. Please help if you can spare a couple of hours.
Thanks to those who have volunteered to help with cookbook sales on January 26 at Madera, January 28 at the Green Valley Farmers’ Market and on February 8 in front of the Grill. I am looking for one more lady to help from 9-10 on January 26, just prior to our meeting. Also need one lady from 10-noon on January 28 for the Farmers’ Market and one from 11:30-1:30 on the 8th at the Grill. If you can help, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-6188.
A new Saturday Farmers’ Market will be opening on the Amado Territory Bed & Breakfast property in February. To mark the opening, they will have a 3-day grand opening Friday through Sunday, February 6, 7 and 8, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. They have offered us free space in which to sell our cookbooks that will give us a wider audience in one place to showcase our cookbook than ever before. If you can help from 10-12:30 or 12:30-3 on any of the listed dates, please let me know your date/time preference.
Our January 26 meeting, which will take place starting at 10 a.m., will feature Anne Maxon from the VisitTucson organization.
- You’ll hear about the many fascinating attractions and cuisine to be found around town.
- You will also learn about great restaurants to try, “off the beaten track” fun activities, the art and cultural scene and interesting day trips.
- Anne will demonstrate how to use the website for VisitTucson to find topics such as 100 Things to do and 23 miles of great Mexican food.
- Tucson unique door prizes will be awarded.
- If you have not yet let me know that you will be attending so we can be sure to have enough visitors’ guides for everyone, please let me know at email@example.com by 2 p.m. TODAY if you plan to attend.
50-50 RAFFLE AND FASHION SHOW TICKETS
We have a few tickets left for the fashion show and luncheon to raise money for cancer research to be held on February 6. They will be on sale on Monday, January 26 starting at 9 a.m. in the lobby. Cash or checks only. We will also be selling 50-50 raffle tickets with the winner’s name being drawn on February 6. For this raffle, you do not have to be present to win. Tickets cost $1 each, 6 for $5, 14 for $10, 30 for $20. Cash, checks payable to American Cancer Society or credit cards will be accepted for purchase of raffle tickets.
If you have any spare coins that you are willing to part with, please consider bringing them to the meeting on Monday and depositing them in one of the baby bottles at the back of the ballroom. These will be used for prizes for the baby shower to enable two lucky moms to start a college fund for their new babies. If you want to donate bills, we will buy the $1 “gold” coins with them.
MARCH FIELD TRIP
This year our annual field trip will take place on TUESDAY, March 31.
- Busses will leave the Madera parking lot at 9 a.m. and return somewhere between 4 & 4:30. We will have two stops—the DeGrazia Museum and the Miniatures Time Machine Museum.
- We will meet together at Trattoria Pina for a Spaghetti Bolognese lunch with a chocolate éclair for dessert. Cost will be $40.
Tickets will go on sale at 9 a.m. on January 26 at the back of the ballroom. Trip is limited to 108 ladies so get your tickets early.
There have been some rumors going around that we are having more than one baby shower in 2015. That rumor is NOT true.
There will only be one shower that will include members of the Air and Army National Guard/Army & Air Reserve. It will take place on April 18.
- For this shower, we are in need of some of those drawstring jewelry pouches in organza or velvet or whatever material you might have.
- The can be smaller for earrings and larger for bracelets and necklaces. We will be using them for the Moms’ bags at the shower.
- You may bring them to our meeting on January 26 at 10 a.m. or drop them at Laura Colbert’s house at 2040 E Cypress Canyon Drive.
- If you have other baby items you wish to donate or cash/checks to allow us to buy diapers, you may also bring them to the meeting.
- Checks should be made payable to TWOQC Charity Account.
Just nine more days to renew your dues for 2015. If you don’t renew before January 31, then your name will be removed from the membership database. That means you will miss out on all of Marianne’s clever animations in the Friday Morning Message. The updated renewal forms are on the website: MEMBERSHIP. You may also renew your membership at our meeting on January 26.
FASHION SHOW TO SUPPORT CANCER RESEARCH
We are in need of 2 inch wide ribbon in any color to help decorate our raffle baskets. We could also use a few more baskets so we can make the donations look really pretty. And we still need ladies to help with check-in or other details at the Fashion Show to be held on February 6. If you can help, please let Nancy Jacobs know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you received any holiday gifts that just were not you, please consider re-gifting them for the raffle:
- Food, wine (we have donations of wine glasses but need some wine to fill them), jewelry, or spa products are always popular as are gift certificates.
- Or perhaps a few of you could go together and donate the contents for a gourmet food basket.
You may bring donations to our meeting on January 26. If you have questions about raffle donations, please call Ginny at 520-906-0930. Last day to turn in donations will be January 31.
10th ANNIVERSARY CHAMPAGNE FLUTES AND CDS
If you are a winter resident and have not yet gotten your champagne flute or CD covering our 10 years of activities, please let me know at email@example.com and I will arrange for you to get them.
TOILETRIES FOR HOMELESS VETERANS
If you picked up some of those travel sized toiletries during your holiday travels and have no use for them, please bring them to the meeting on January 26 and leave them on the table in the back of the ballroom. I will take them to the VA for the homeless veterans.