Tickets for our annual field trip will be for sale in the clubhouse lounge area between 10 AM and noon, just prior to our Fashion Show.
- The field trip will take place on TUESDAY, March 31.
- Busses will leave the Madera parking lot at 9 AM. and return somewhere between 4 & 4:30.
- We will have two stops—the DeGrazia Museum and the Miniatures Time Machine Museum.
- We will meet together at Trattoria Pina for a Spaghetti Bolognese lunch with a chocolate éclair for dessert.
- Cost will be $40.
- Trip is limited to 108 ladies so get your tickets early.
- One bus is just about filled.
I am in desperate need of at least two ladies to work at the Expo on Saturday, February 7 between 10 AM and 2 PM. If more than two of you can help, I might even be able to make it a one-hour shift. You will tell visitors to our table in the Silver Room all about the great things the club does to help others. We will have copies of our list of upcoming events, the scrapbooks, membership forms and of course, a cookbook on our table. If you can help, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your preferred shift.
The long awaited Fashion Show to raise money for cancer research and support programs is TODAY. We will be selling tickets for both the 50-50 raffle and raffle for baskets starting at 10 AM today. We will be cutting off raffle ticket sales around 12:10—listen for announcements. Thanks to the outstanding generosity of Quail Creek residents plus merchants in the Green Valley area and vendors at the recent crafts show, it looks like we will have 99 winners in the basket raffle.
- We will also be selling 50-50 raffle tickets in which the winner gets to take home 50% of the total amount of money raised in the raffle.
- Tickets cost $1 each, 6 for $5, 14 for $10, 30 for $20.
- Cash, checks payable to American Cancer Society or credit cards will be accepted for purchase of raffle tickets.
- You have to be present to win a raffle basket but not for the 50-50 raffle.
Thanks to all who have supported this event with donations, making decorations and assembling raffle baskets. Nancy Pantz will also be selling select items in the hallway outside the ballroom. Each attendee will get a coupon for $10 off her purchase. Nancy will take credit cards as well as cash and checks.
If you need a Valentine’s gift, consider a cookbook for a long lasting gift. There is a good section on Grilling if that is something your sweetie does. We will be selling A Shared Table cookbooks from 11:30 – 1:30 on Sunday, February 8 in front of the Grill. If you can’t get there that day and still need a cookbook, please let me know at email@example.com or call 207-6188 to arrange for pick-up.
Only 10 more weeks until the baby shower. If you have baby items you wish to donate, you may take them to Pam Rodgers at 2640 E. Sawyer, or you may bring them to our February 23 meeting. Keep your eye out for diaper coupons in Sunday’s paper.
COUPON CLIPPING PARTY
The next coupon clipping party will be held on February 20 at 9 a.m. at the Connell sisters’ house, 539 Ramos Lane. You will be finished by noon.