Just two more days to renew your dues for 2015. The updated renewal forms are on the website (MEMBERSHIP) and in TWOQC’s slot at Madera. Forms and checks may be dropped off at Carol Mutter’s house, 482 N Alexis Loop.
Thanks to those who volunteered to help at the Green Valley Farmers’ Market on January 28. Between cookbooks sold and donations, we were able to deposit another $175 into the cookbook account. I am still looking for one more lady to help sell cookbooks from 11:30 – 1:30 on Sunday, February 8 in front of the Grill. If you can help, please let me know at email@example.com or call 207-6188.
Because we had such a great turn-out on Monday, we ran short of the Tucson guide books. Marilyn D’Arcangelo, a member of the Program Committee and also a volunteer at VisitTucson, has additional copies of the guidebook available for pick up at her house at 2215 E Falcon Vista Dr.
Going straight from the 4-way stop sign at Madera Clubhouse, turn left on Cypress Canyon and right on Falcon Vista. The books will be in a box in her courtyard so no need to call to make sure she is home. If the rain is really hard as they are predicting for today, she may not put them out until Saturday morning.
There are 3 tickets left for the Fashion Show and luncheon to be held on February 6 to raise money for cancer research. If you want a ticket, please contact Nancy Jacobs at 970-946-3910.
- Luncheon tickets will be for sale outside of the Grill on Sunday, February 1, from 10:00 to noon.
- CUT-OFF is midnight February 1 since we have to turn in the final count on Monday morning. If you have purchased a ticket and find you cannot attend, you must let Nancy know by Sunday or we will not be able to give you a refund.
- If you can’t attend and just want to donate the money, let Nancy know that too so she won’t order a meal for you.
- If we order a meal and someone doesn’t show up, we still have to pay for the meal. We’d rather give the money to the American Cancer Society.
Tickets for our annual field trip will be for sale on Friday, February 6, in the clubhouse lobby area starting at 10 AM, just prior to our Fashion Show.
- The field trip will take place on TUESDAY, March 31.
- Busses will leave the Madera parking lot at 9 a.m. and return somewhere between 4 & 4:30.
- We will have two stops—the DeGrazia Museum and the Miniatures Time Machine Museum.
- We will meet together at Trattoria Pina for a Spaghetti Bolognese lunch with a chocolate éclair for dessert.
- Cost will be $40.
- Trip is limited to 108 ladies so get your tickets early.
We are selling 50-50 raffle tickets with the winner’s name being drawn on February 6. For this raffle, you do not have to be present to win. Tickets cost $1 each, 6 for $5, 14 for $10, 30 for $20. Cash, checks payable to American Cancer Society or credit cards will be accepted for purchase of raffle tickets. If you can’t buy them on either February 1 or 6 and want to participate in the drawing, please contact Ginny Hutcheson at 520-906-0930. She will even deliver them! We will start selling tickets for the baskets raffle at 10 AM on February 6 in the hallway outside of the ballroom.
Thanks to all who donated the jewelry bags for the baby shower. We have as many as we will need for this year but please hang on to them. We will probably need them for next year’s shower. If you have baby items you wish to donate or cash/checks to allow us to buy diapers, you may take them to Pam Rodgers at 2640 E. Sawyer, or you may bring them to our February 23 meeting. Checks should be made payable to TWOQC Charity Account.
We could still use a few more prizes for the Fashion Show raffle. Food, wine (we have donations of wine glasses but need some wine to fill them), jewelry, or spa products are always popular as are gift certificates. Or perhaps a few of you could go together and donate the contents for a gourmet food basket. So we can get the gift baskets assembled, we ask that you get all donations to Ginny Hutcheson at 2494 E Bluejay Bluff Lane no later than February 2. If you have questions about raffle donations, please call Ginny at 520-906-0930.
Thanks to all who clipped, sorted and tabulated coupons last week.
- We set a new record again this month when the team sorted $42,666 in coupons.
- It was $41K in December which was a record at that time.
- Total since we started this project is $1,152,183.
The next coupon clipping party will be held on February 20 at 9 a.m. at the Connell sisters’ house, 539 Ramos Lane. You will be finished by noon.
Thanks for all you continue to do to help others. It really means a lot to them.