HOUSEHOLD GOODS DRIVE FOR HOMELESS VETERANS
Thanks to all who signed up to help at the clothing drive on October 31. Even if you did not sign up and still want to help out, just come to the Madera front parking lot around 8:30.
- Please make sure anything you donate for the homeless veterans is clean.
- Remember, socks and underwear must be new or the VA cannot accept them.
- Toiletries must be in unopened containers—please, no half-filled bottles.
- The hospitalized veterans also appreciate Christmas wrapping paper and cards—I know I have gotten more than my share of unsolicited cards already.
- If you donated something ahead of time and want a receipt for tax purposes, we will have them at one of the tables tomorrow.
- If you can’t get there on the 31st and want a receipt, let me know at email@example.com and I will send one to you.
We need a few ladies to help sell cookbooks during the Crafts Fair on Saturday and Sunday, November 7 & 8. On Saturday, we need one from 10-noon, two from noon-2, and two from 2-4. On Sunday we need two from 10-noon. If you can help, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org and give me your preferred shift.
Thanks to all who brought items for the Food Bank to the Brunch on Monday.
You generously gave 157 pounds of groceries and $139 in monetary donations.
We had 73 pay their renewal dues at the brunch and welcomed 13 new members.
- If you wish to renew before our meeting on November 16, you will find forms in TWOQC’s slot in the hallway as well as on the website.
- The Word document form on the website gives one the opportunity to type in the information. This makes it much easier for the membership and Internet team to get the email address right the first time.
- We also added a block on the membership form asking if you have any special talents/experience (e.g., writing, fund-raising, decorating). That information will help us if we ever need special help for one of our projects. [… Membership form]
- Anyone paying now will have their dues paid until December 31, 2016.
Completed forms may be dropped off at or mailed to Carol Mutter’s House at 482 N. Alexis Loop. Checks for $25 should be made payable to TWOQC.
RALLY FOR THE CURE THANKS
We received a thank you from the Rally for the Cure team for donating a cookbook for the raffle.
We also donated $200 for the sign to support cancer research. [… Donations thank-you note]
We sold 92 totes taking in $631 during the brunch on Monday. In addition, you all donated $501 in the piggy banks. It definitely looks like the club will be matching the full $1,000 before it is time to award the scholarship in April.
- The totes will be on sale before the meeting on November 16.
- If you need one (or more) before then, please contact Scholarship Committee Chair, Pat Neel at email@example.com or by calling (520) 625-4476 or me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- They will also be on sale at the Crafts Fair on November 7 & 8. Our table is located in the hallway near the Bar.
- The roomy totes are $7 each or 3 for $20.
Thanks again to all who wrote letters to the WWII and Korean War veterans. Don Kruper, one of the veterans who went on the Honor Flight from October 17-19, sent a letter thanking us for writing. You can read it under 2015 thank you’s. [… Don’s thank-you]
Ruth McDermott not only hand writes letters to each veteran but also to each guardian and the plane crew. This week her devotion was recognized when she was presented with the “commemorative challenge coin” reflecting respect, admiration and gratitude to Honor Flight Veterans. I understand that the original coin was cast during WWI time and has since been reissued in different versions. Thom Mansur, who organized the flights out of Tucson, designed the latest issue. It was Thom’s wife, Kathy, who talked with us about the Honor Flight program a couple year’s ago.
Coupons for the next shipment to the two overseas bases that the club supports should expire October 15 or later. Peggy Richmond sent $12,261 worth of coupons to Sasebo Naval Base, Japan and Judy Poffenbarger sent $2,286 worth to Lakenheath Air Force Base, UK.
Coupons for the National Guard should expire November 16 or later. Check the website for how coupons should be sorted. [… Coupon Prep]
Expired or soon to expire coupons should be dropped off at Peggy Richmond’s (2731 E. Eba Court) or Judy Poffenbarger’s (2390 E Bluejay Bluff Lane) houses. Clipped and sorted coupons for the National Guard only may also be left at Lois and Janet Connell’s house (539 N. Ramos Lane.)