The Brunch will be held on Monday, October 26 at 11 a.m.
If something has come up and you cannot attend, please give your ticket to another member and call Nancy Wilson at (520) 207-6830 to let her know who is substituting for you. If you cannot find someone to whom you can give a ticket, call Nancy since she may have some names on her Wait List.
- You are encouraged to bring a donation for the Food Bank. Besides food, paper, hygiene and cleaning products are always welcomed. Cash, checks, payable to GV/Sahuarita Food Bank and credit card donations will also be appreciated.
- If you will not be around to bring them on Saturday during the annual clothing drive, you may also bring donations of unopened toiletries, calendars, greeting and note cards to the Brunch and place them at one of the tables at the back of the Ballroom.
- If you are interested in supporting the Scholarship Fund, please bring change to feed the piggies!
- We will be taking sign-ups for volunteers for the Fashion Show scheduled for February 12 to raise funds for cancer research at the Brunch. Even if you contacted Nancy Jacobs in the past about being a model, you must officially sign up at the Brunch. Sign-up forms will be on each table.
- We will have the order forms available for the pink TWOQC polo shirts at the Brunch. Cost is $18 and payment is required when you place your order. Cash or checks payable to TWOQC Charity Account.
You may pay your 2016 dues when you come to the Brunch. We recommend that you complete your renewal form prior to the Brunch so it will make things go faster that morning.
- Forms are in TWOQC’s slot in the hallway as well as on the website.
- The Word document form on the website gives one the opportunity to type in the information. This makes it much easier for the membership and Internet team to get the email address right the first time.
- We also added a block on the membership form asking if you have any special talents/experience (e.g., writing, fund raising, decorating.) That information will help us if we ever need special help for one of our projects. [… Membership Form]
- Anyone paying now will have their dues paid until December 31, 2016.
HALLOWEEN CLOTHING & HOUSEHOLD GOODS DRIVE FOR HOMELESS VETERANS
If you will not be attending the Brunch and still want to help out from about 8:30-11:30 a.m. on October 31, please let Mary Lou Kiger know at 625-3235 or send me an email at email@example.com.
- Halloween costumes are encouraged but not mandatory for those helping with the clothing drive.
- Please make sure anything you donate for the homeless veterans is clean.
- Remember, socks and underwear must be new or the VA cannot accept them.
- Bed and bath linens, small appliances will make life easier for those moving into housing.
- Toiletries must be in unopened containers—please no half-filled bottles.
→For updates as they become available, please visit the Annual Clothing Drive on the Volunteer Opportunities page.
The totes will be on sale before the Brunch on October 26. Or if you need one (or more) before then, please contact Scholarship Committee Chair, Pat Neel at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (520) 625-4476 or me at email@example.com. The roomy totes are $7 each or 3 for $20.
→For more information, visit the Scholarship page.
A special thank you to all those who took the time to write the 231 letters that were distributed to the 25 WWII and Korean War veterans last Monday.
Coupons for the next shipment to the two overseas bases that the club supports should expire September 15 or later. Coupons for the National Guard should expire November 16 or later. Check the website for how coupons should be sorted. [… Coupon sorting instructions]
Please do not leave coupons at my or Ruth McDermott’s houses. The only places coupons should be dropped off are Peggy Richmond’s (2731 E. Eba Court) or Judy Poffenbarger’s (2390 E Bluejay Bluff Lane) houses. Clipped and sorted coupons for the National Guard only may also be left at Lois and Janet Connell’s house (539 N. Ramos Lane.)
On behalf of all of you, the club donated $200 to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.