CLOTHING/HOUSEHOLD GOODS DRIVE FOR HOMELESS VETERANS
Wow, what a turnout we had for our clothing drive on Saturday. Thanks to all who counted, sorted and loaded things. Please thank the men in your lives who helped too. We couldn’t have done it without their help. The generosity of the Quail Creek community never ceases to amaze me. A special thanks to Karen Baker and her yoga students who donated lots of clothing and $232 in cash.
- In the end, we took in $476.10 in cash/checks and 7,526 distinct items.
- This included seven bicycles and 66 backpacks.
- In addition there were 232.6 lbs. of toiletries, 97 wall calendars, 17 pocket calendars, and 40.2 lbs. of greeting cards/wrapping paper and note pads.
Your generosity has helped make a lot of hospitalized patients happy and will definitely help keep the homeless veteran population warm this winter. […Homeless Vet Clothing Drive]
Our remaining cookbooks will be on sale at the Crafts Fair this weekend. Thanks to those who offered to sell them. Just $15 each, they make a great hostess or holiday gift.
The totes will be on sale at the Crafts Fair on November 7 & 8. Our table is located in the hallway near the Bar.
The roomy totes are $7 each or 3 for $20. The totes will also be on sale before the meeting on November 16.
If you can’t get them at either of these occasions, please contact Scholarship Committee Chair, Pat Neel at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (520) 625-4476 or me at email@example.com. We both have a supply at our respective houses. […Scholarship Program]
Because of the Thanksgiving holiday, our next meeting will be on November 16 at 6:30 p.m. Jim Gressinger, travel writer and the publisher of Southern Arizona Guide talk about The Best Hidden Treasures of Southern Arizona. […Monthly Meeting]
It will be a Candy Cane Christmas at our holiday luncheon on Monday, December 14 in the Ballroom.
- Bar will open at 11.30 a.m. with lunch served about 12:30.
- The Arizona String Quartet will provide the entertainment.
- Tickets at $18 will go on sale on Monday, November 16 at 5:30 p.m. before our monthly meeting.
- The event is open to all TWOQC members and guests.
- Those wishing to sit with friends at tables of ten should purchase tickets together.
- To expedite ticket purchase, please bring a typed or printed list of names if you are buying multiple tickets.
Additional sale dates are Monday, November 23 from 9 to 11 a.m. and Wednesday, December 2 from 3 to 5 p.m. in the Lobby. Those unable to attend sale dates may contact Nancy Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org (207-6830) for tickets. No tickets will be sold prior to November 16. […Holiday Luncheon]
We are recruiting one more member for the Program Committee to help plan activities for June, 2016 and forward. This requires about 3 meetings per year. If interested, please contact me at email@example.com.
We will have memberships forms at the Crafts Fair table tomorrow and Sunday so if you are there shopping, you can also pay your dues at the same time.
- Checks for $25 should be made payable to TWOQC.
- Please do NOT combine purchases and dues in one check.
- If you download the renewal form online, you may also drop it at our table which is located in the hallway near the bar.
- Anyone paying now will have their dues paid until December 31, 2016.
- Completed forms with checks may also be dropped off at or mailed to Carol Mutter’s House at 482 N. Alexis Loop. […Membership Forms]
Coupons for the next shipment to the two overseas bases that the club supports should expire October 15 or later. Coupons for the National Guard should expire December 10 or later.
Expired or soon to expire coupons should be dropped off are Peggy Richmond’s (2731 E. Eba Court) or Judy Poffenbarger’s (2390 E Bluejay Bluff Lane) houses. Clipped and sorted coupons for the National Guard only may also be left at Lois and Janet Connell’s house (539 N. Ramos Lane.) […Coupon Prep Instructions]