Our Fashion Show to raise funds for cancer research will take place on February 24, 2017. We have several possibilities for vendors to show their clothing. Right now, we are looking for someone who would be willing to serve as co-chair for the Fashion Show along with the Relay for Life Team captain. Duties would include:
- Recruiting models (we will have sign-ups for interested ladies at the brunch in October so this is not a difficult job).
- Helping with raffle prize solicitations.
- Interface with the store chosen to provide the outfits to include setting up schedule for models to choose their outfits.
This position is a 2-year commitment but there are no meetings until the August/September time-frame. Once the fashion show is over, you are free until the following fall when the planning starts again. If interested, please contact Peggy McGee at email@example.com. Nancy Jacobs, who served as co-chair for the past two years, will answer any questions you may have.
Peggy McGee investigated the website suggested by Jed Dodds when he talked to our group in February as well as at the zoo and offers the following:
- When you click on www.96elephants.org you will see a screen on the right side of the page that asks for your contact information.
- Use that only if you want to be on their email list for the rest of your life as they ask for donations or at least until you unsubscribe.
- At the bottom left hand side of the screen, click on Act Now.
- That will take you to the page where you can put in your zip code as Jed indicated and where you can also send a letter to your congressperson asking for support of the legislation to ban the sale of ivory in Arizona.
Peggy sent a letter to Senator McCain from this site on March 28 and she has not gotten any solicitation emails as a result. She did get an email reply from McCain’s office acknowledging her concern.
WWII Veterans and 17 Korea War Veterans will be taking an all-expenses-paid journey of commemoration, reminiscence and reflection April 23rd to see the WWII Memorial and others in Washington DC. on the Honor Flight.
After a three day trip of camaraderie and memory making, our veterans have a “secret” Mail Call – the very same kind of mail that kept their spirits alive during the war. Please participate in letting our veterans know how much their service has meant to us and that we honor them by writing letters to the 25 attending this flight.
- CLICK HERE for the list of Veteran names
- Place each letter in an envelope addressed to the veteran
- Place the letters in the box outside Kay Robinson’s home by April 11th: 898 N Kenneth Drive, Quail Creek
- More info: CLICK HERE for the flyer or Honor Flight website
APRIL 25th PROGRAM · 6:30pm
Cheri Romanowski of Cheri’s Desert Harvest ::: Cheri’s all-natural products are made from fresh fruits and vegetables indigenous to the Sonoran Desert. Only the freshest prickly pear cactus fruit, citrus, honey, sweet peppers, and hot chili peppers are used in her preserves. Come hear Cheri talk about the fruit that is hand-harvested at the peak of ripeness and her quick mixes formulated with wholesome ingredients.
$cholarship Night ::: During the April 25th program, you will meet Carly Frieders and Kayla Christiansen, the impressive young awardees of TWOQC scholarships. They will be joined by their families and high school counselors. Carly and Kayla will provide a snapshot of their future goals, and what the scholarship means to them. This will be an exciting moment for all!
Your support of the project was astonishing and plans are in the making for the 2016/17 fundraising season. Watch for forthcoming photos of the girls.
“Read Me A Story” BABY SHOWER
Our new numbers, as of 4/4, are the following: Girls: 17, Boys: 7, gender Unknown: 6. Three more babies were born in March 2 girls (Michaella and Tianna Mariela) and 1 boy (Robert Christopher)! Four more due in April!
Sadly, another of our expectant mothers has had to withdraw from the shower for personal reasons…we wish her all the best.
Please remember to bring all your loose change for the Baby Bottle pass at the next general program on April 25th! Our Bottle Pass at the Zoo trip was a phenomenal SUCCESS! Thank you all for your support! We are an amazing bunch!!!
For a list of contributions needed for the baby shower please access THIS LINK.
If you would like to donate your time our next planning meeting is Monday, April 18th at 11:00 a.m. in the Kino Conference Center
Please contact Pamela Rodgers with any questions at 520-561-7969 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations may also be dropped off at her home, 2640 E. Sawyer Road (drop box on front porch) or call and she will be glad to pick them up in the Quail Creek/Green Valley area.
Coupons for National Guard should expire April 10th or later. They especially appreciate the restaurant coupons—it seems they tend to eat out after the weekend drills. The expiration date for overseas is the first of the month BEFORE the current month.
Peggy Richmond reported that coupons sent to the Naval Base in Sasebo, Japan for March totaled $3,213.
Clipped and sorted coupons for the National Guard may be dropped off at the following locations:
- Peggy Richmond’s (2731 E. Eba Court)
- Judy Poffenbarger’s (2390 E. Bluejay Bluff Lane)
- Lois and Janet Connell’s house (529 N. Ramos Lane)
REMINDER: There is no regular coupon program at this time. Please drop off coupons at Judy and Peggy’s houses before the end of the month. [HOW TO SORT COUPONS…]
UPCOMING EVENTS For Your Calendar
SAVE THE DATE …June 27 – Summer Luncheon. Tickets will be sold before our May program on May 23!
June 27 – 12:30 p.m. …Summer Luncheon: The Arizona Balalaika Orchestra will be performing under the direction of Mia Bulgarin Gay. Tickets for the lunch will go on sale prior to the May 23rd program. Get your plans made – only ten seats at a table please!
Follow us on social media! Like & Share our page: Facebook.com/twoqc