from Carol Mutter, TWOQC President …
Quail Creek Business Expo
TWOQC will have a table at the Quail Creek Business Expo tomorrow. Please stop by to say ‘hello’. We will be there from 10:00 a.m. to closing at 2:00 p.m.
If you are not a member and wish to learn more, stop by and pick up a club brochure. Hope to see many familiar faces at the expo!
“The Power of Purple” Fashion Show: Benefits the American Cancer Society
Seats are sold out for the fashion show and luncheon on February 24. If you would like to be on a waiting list for someone who cannot make it at the last-minute, please call Carol Shelton at (520) 398-3261. Leave a message if Carol is not available or email «email@example.com».
- Donations that might include the following are greatly appreciated: chocolates, wine, note cards, spa items, garden items, kitchen items, sports items, grocery items, picture frames.
- Fully made up baskets are appreciated, as well.
- The committee can also use more baskets.
- Any donated items may be dropped off at Carol Shelton’s, 2415 E. Overview Lane (map) or Ginny Hutcheson’s, 2494 E Bluejay Bluff Lane (map).
- Be sure to include your contact info so that your donation can be acknowledged after the event.
- If you are interested in purchasing raffle or 50/50 tickets prior to the fashion show, please contact Ginny Hutcheson at (520) 906-0930 or «firstname.lastname@example.org».
TWOQC 2017 Field Trip Ticket Sales
Monday, March 27 is our annual field trip this year. Our trip takes us to the Flying Leap Winery in Elgin.
- The bus(es) leave the Madera Clubhouse parking lot at 9:00 a.m. (sharp!) returning no later than 4:00 p.m.
- Cost is $50 for members and will include lunch, wine tasting, a souvenir wine glass, transportation and drivers’ gratuity.
- If there are unfilled seats after the February program, we will open them to guests for a cost of $55.
- Tickets are non-refundable but are transferable.
- For tickets please contact Nancy Jacobs at «email@example.com».
2017 Baby Shower: The Tiniest Patriots
The committee is just getting started and can use diapers, wipes, outfits, onesies and bibs. (Please, no bottles, formula or baby food/cereal.) You may drop items by Pam Rodgers home at 2640 E. Sawyer Road (map).
If you are interested in being on the committee, come to the next planning meeting on Wednesday, February 15 at 1:00 p.m. in the Kino Conference Center’s conference room. Please direct your questions to Pam Rodgers at «firstname.lastname@example.org».
Homeless & Hospitalized Veterans
Laura Colbert took another load of clothing and household items to the VA on Tuesday — more than 80 items from two households. As she was leaving, another lady came in with about 15 bags of clothing. The VA Homeless Closet shelf is almost bare of some items. The list is similar to last week’s with a deletion and a few additional things they are in need of:
Backpacks · Tote bags · Disposable razors · Shave Cream · Dental adhesive (Polident) · Sweats – Small & Large · Jeans 30 to 34 (men’s) · Hoodies – Med, Large, XL · T-shirts – Med, Large, XXL · Belts – Small · Watches · Underwear (men’s) – Small · Sunglasses
If you have any of the these items you would like to donate you may drop them at Laura’s home at 2040 E. Cypress Canyon Drive before February 12. (map)
- February 24 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Power of Purple: Fashion Show & Luncheon
- February 27 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Spices & Rubs · Mark Beres, CEO, Flying Leap Vineyards
- March 27 – 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. ::: Field trip to Flying Leap Vineyards
- April 24 – 6:30 p.m. ::: Tubac Olive Oil Company · Presentation by Rocio Cespedes Patel on olive oils and balsamic vinegar
The “Jeopardy!” game is coming this summer… stay tuned!
- Questions? Email Kathe Alves, Program Chair: «email@example.com»
- Download and print the «Schedule of Events»
- Check the «Calendar of Events» for committee meetings & ticket sales dates