from Carol Mutter, TWOQC President …
“The Color Red” Presentation
Thank you to our speaker, Diane Foray, Docent at the Tucson Museum of Art at the program last Monday morning. She presented us with the history of the color “red.” Who knew there was so much to learn and what part red played in our history.
Congratulations to the lucky door prize winners all of which received items from the museum gift shop (L-R: Kathi Krieg, Pam Butler, Mary Lou Kiger, Eileen Sykora, and Nancy Jacobs). Follow this link to see additional photos on the website: «The Color Red photos».
“The Power of Purple” Fashion Show (February 24) Benefits the American Cancer Society
Seats for the show are sold out! If you would like to be on a waiting list for someone that cannot make it at the last minute, please call Carol Shelton at (520) 398-3261. Please leave a message if Carol is not available and she will return your call or email «email@example.com».
The Fashion Show Committee is still seeking donations that might include: chocolates, wine, note cards, spa items, garden items, kitchen items, sports items, grocery items, picture frames. Fully made up baskets are greatly appreciated. They can also use more baskets.
Any donated items may be dropped off at Carol Shelton’s, 2415 E. Overview Lane (map) or Ginny Hutcheson’s, 2494 E Bluejay Bluff Lane (map). Be sure to include your contact info so that your donation can be acknowledged after the event. NOTE: Carol’s address was incorrectly reported, it should be: 2415 E. Overview Lane.
The next opportunity to purchase raffle tickets for both the 50/50 and basket raffles will be on:
- February 3 · Friday night at the clubhouse from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m.
- February 4 · Saturday at the Grill from 9-10:00 a.m.
- February 5 · Sunday at the Grill from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon
Tickets for both raffles are $1 each, 6 for $5, 14 for $10 and 30 for $20. Cash, checks or credit cards accepted.
- We will leave Quail Creek at 9:00 a.m. returning no later than 4:00 p.m.
- Cost is $50 and will include lunch, wine tasting, a souvenir wine glass, transportation and drivers’ gratuity.
- If there are any seats remaining after the February program, we will open them to guests for a cost of $55.
- Tickets are non-refundable but are transferable.
- For tickets please contact Nancy Jacobs at «firstname.lastname@example.org».
2017 Baby Shower
The committee is just getting started and can use diapers, wipes, outfits, onesies and bibs. (Please, no bottles, formula or baby food/cereal.) There will be a baby shower donation table in the back of the room at each program for the next few months for anything you would like to bring. Or, you may drop items by Pam Rodgers home at 2640 E. Sawyer Road (map).
The next planning meeting is Wednesday, February 15 at 1:00 p.m. in the Conference Room at the Kino Conference Center. Please come if you would like to help. For any questions regarding the baby shower you may contact Pam Rodgers at «email@example.com».
Gracias! Gracias!…..and thank you, too.
The Scholarship Committee thanks you for visiting our table at the January program and inquiring about the 2017 scholarship program being offered to graduating female seniors from Sahuarita and Walden Grove High Schools. Also, “thanks” to the women who volunteered to help read the applications. The deadline (date stamped) for the applications was January 31 and they are arriving at Carol Mutter’s box daily. It is an exciting time for all of us.
Finally, you noticed that our resident piggies looked a bit scrawny and needed some feeding. They were most happy with your contributions and so, too, our future scholarship awardees.
Homeless & Hospitalized Veterans
Laura Colbert delivered donations to the VA from three households this week. They were very appreciative of everything. The VA has provided a list of items that the homeless veterans closet is currently needing:
Thermals · Dental adhesive (Polident) · Sweats (Lg & Sm) · Jeans (size 30 to 34) · Hoodies (Med, Lg, XL) · T-Shirts (Med, Lg, XXL) · Belts (Sm) · Watches · Underwear (new – Sm, Med) · Boxer, briefs & boxer briefs · Sunglasses
If you have any of the these items you would like to donate you may drop them at Laura’s home at 2040 E. Cypress Canyon Drive before February 12. (map)
- February 24 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Power of Purple: Fashion Show & Luncheon
- February 27 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Spices & Rubs · Mark Beres, CEO, Flying Leap Vineyards
- March 27 – 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. ::: Field trip to Flying Leap Vineyards
- April 24 – 6:30 p.m. ::: Tubac Olive Oil Company · Presentation by Rocio Cespedes Patel on olive oils and balsamic vinegar
Stay tuned for more on the “Jeopardy!” game coming this summer!
- Email the Program Chair with questions: «firstname.lastname@example.org»
- Download a complete monthly «Schedule of Events»
- Check the «Calendar of Events» for committee meetings & ticket sales dates