This week’s Friday Morning Message: Volunteer Opportunity | Coming Soon: Oktoberfest & Membership Brunch | What You’ll Find at Monday’s Brunch: YOTO Gift Bags, Holiday Luncheon, Logo Items for Sale, Food Bank Collection, Membership Dues | Clothing Drive Thank-You | Military Uniform Donation | November Program | 2018 Fashion Show | Not Receiving FMM’s? | Upcoming Events
How would you like the opportunity to help select programs for The Women of Quail Creek? Now is your chance for a great volunteer opportunity with this fun committee. Candidates will need to:
- be comfortable speaking before a large group
- be willing to contact individuals and groups to make arrangements for future programs
- meet 3-4 times a year with Program Committee
- be actively involved in an annual field trip in March
- be computer literate to communicate necessary details to facilitate programs
- and most important – like to have a good time working with a group to plan the programs for TWOQC
Please respond by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OKTOBERFEST, MEMBERSHIP BRUNCH – Coming Soon!
OKTOBERFEST on October 29 – We look forward to seeing everyone who is attending the Oktoberfest on Sunday in the Ballroom at 4:00 p.m. Authentic German food, free beer tasting (4:00-4:45), and dancing to the music of the Bouncing Czechs. Read more…
MEMBERSHIP BRUNCH on October 30 – We hope you are joining us for the Membership Brunch on Monday in the Ballroom at 11:00 a.m. If you choose, you may wear a costume, or wear your BLACK and ORANGE as it’s the Halloween season.
Brunch Menu: Egg salad filled croissant, melon salad and an apple crumb cupcake with goblin glaze. The special drink will be a Black Russian with spider on the side.
AT THE BRUNCH – Monday, October 30 · 11:00 a.m.
SPONSOR A YOTO STUDENT WITH A HOLIDAY GIFT BAG – Members of the YOTO Committee will be distributing holiday cards with names and information about individual YOTO students during the membership brunch. Each student can be sponsored with a gift bag valued up to $50. Members can share a student name to create a bag or, if you want, you can sponsor more than one student.
Also available at the brunch will be review copies of the recipe book created by TWOQC for YOTO students. Come see what creative recipes students can make with just a few staples from the YOTO mini-mall.
HOLIDAY LUNCHEON – Seating sold by table number for the Holiday Luncheon (slated for December 11) will go on sale at the Membership Brunch. Seating price is $20.00 per member or first-time guest with no more than 10 seats per table.
Registration will begin at 11:00, the bar will open at 11:30, and lunch will be served at 12:30. The holiday menu for the Luncheon will be: Roasted turkey breast with mashed potatoes (gravy served on both the turkey and the potatoes), cranberry walnut dressing, homemade cranberry sauce will be on the table, and rolls & butter. Dessert will be Gingerbread cookies with icing and red & green sprinkles.
TWOQC LOGO ITEMS – Visors @$10 and polo shirts @$20 will be on sale in the back of the Ballroom prior to the brunch. Proceeds go directly to the club to help finance donations to the various charities we help throughout the year. Cash or checks payable to TWOQC.
CRAFT LOGO ITEMS – To enable our members to get a jump-start on holiday shopping, we will have the Crafts Fair items on sale in the back of the Ballroom before and after the brunch.
- Featured are the green thermal totes ($7 each or 3 for $20).
- Being offered for the first time are green wine totes ($4 each or 3 for $10).
- The popular aprons with the adjustable neck are back in both adult and children’s sizes. Adult sizes are $18 or 2 for $35; children’s are $15. We will also be offering apron sets @$30.
- Cash or checks payable to TWOQC Charity Account.
FOOD BANK COLLECTION – Please remember our semi-annual collection for the Green Valley-Amado Food Bank at the Brunch. You may place your donations in the bin outside the Ballroom. Besides food items, the Food Bank really appreciates cleaning, paper, and hygiene products. No time to shop? Cash/checks/credit card donations as well as gift cards are always welcomed. All monetary donations are eligible for a dollar for dollar credit up to $400 for single filers and $800 for married filing jointly on your Arizona tax return.
2018 MEMBERSHIP DUES – You may pay your 2018 dues when you come to the Membership Brunch. Forms are in TWOQC’s slot in the hallway of the clubhouse as well as on the website at womenqc.com. We recommend that you complete the renewal form prior to the brunch so it will make things go faster that morning.
- There is a form (in Word) on the website that gives you the opportunity to type in the information. This makes it much easier for the membership and Internet team to get the email address right the first time.
- There is also a block on the membership form asking if you have any special talents/experience (e.g., writing, fund-raising, decorating). That information will help us if we ever need special help for one of our projects. Membership form
- Anyone renewing now will have their dues paid through December 31, 2018.
CLOTHING DRIVE – Thank You
We want to thank all the volunteers, everyone who donated items and boxes, people who donated financially or with gift cards and all the Quail Creek staff who helped us make this Clothing Drive a huge success. As the saying goes, “it takes a village”. The Homeless Veterans Clothing Drive could not be a success without you. Our heartfelt thanks to everyone.
On October 23, we delivered 8,183 items to the VA Complex in Tucson which was graciously accepted and appreciated. VA personnel and homeless people helped to unload the 15 personal vehicles and the Quail Creek catering truck delivering the “Gifts of Hope“. Enjoy 73 photos covering this event by club photographer, Eileen Sykora. Club publicity chair, Diane Quinn, has successfully featured post-media coverage in the Green Valley News.
We are already recruiting volunteers for next year. If you want to help, please contact us at email@example.com. If you didn’t get there and have any unopened toiletries, calendars, greeting cards, please place them on one of the tables at the back of the Ballroom.
MILITARY UNIFORM – Donation
During the Homeless Veterans Clothing Drive, this military uniform was dropped off. We don’t know who made the donation, however we are reaching out to see if the family of this veteran would like the ribbons from the uniform.
Contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org to identify and claim. (Click image to enlarge)
NOVEMBER 13th PROGRAM · 6:30 p.m.
In November, Sharon Reza Anderson will present “American Women in History”.
Sharon is the former director of the University of North Dakota International Centre and has a Master of Fine Arts Degree in Communication with a minor in Psychology. As an undergraduate Sharon majored in religious studies, philosophy and women’s studies. She is the author of “Burden of Knowing” and will present the actual speeches of women who changed the world from 1851 to the present.
2018 FASHION SHOW – February 7 · 10:00 a.m.
Although the fashion show is not scheduled until early February next year, planning for this event began one week after the 2017 show. Things are coming together and new information will be given soon after the Quail Creek annual community garage sale held on November 11 (8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., early-bird previews for QC residents at 7:00 a.m).
Did you know that Ginny Hutcheson hosts a sale at her home on the community garage sale day? All proceeds earned at her home are donated to the American Cancer Society in addition to all funds earned at the fashion show which includes the 50/50, baskets, silent auction and net proceeds from the lunch.
So mark your calendars and stop by Ginny’s sale located at 2494 E. Bluejay Bluff Lane to shop, help or to donate items.
NEED HELP SUBSCRIBING TO THE FMM’S?
If you need help subscribing to the Friday Morning Messages, please access THIS LINK where you will find a special form to reach key TWOQC members who will assist you with any issues you may have with receiving the weekly FMM’s.
Blue = public event
- Nov. 4 – 9:00 a.m. ::: Fall Festival Arts & Crafts Show (ends: 4pm)
- Nov. 5 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Fall Festival Arts & Crafts Show (ends: 3pm)
- Nov. 13 – 6:30 p.m. ::: Women in American History
- Dec. 11 – 12:00 p.m. ::: Holiday Luncheon (YOTO holiday gift bags)
- Jan. 15 – 7:00 p.m. ::: Lecture Series: Arizona Jaguars
- Jan. 29 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Tumacacori Park Ranger
- Feb. 7 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Fashion Show (Dillard’s apparel)
- May 19 ::: Military Baby Shower
- Print: «Schedule of Events»
- Check: «Calendar of Events» for committee meetings, events reservation dates, other deadlines
- Check: «Events/Notices» for event details
- Questions: Email Kathe, Programs Chair: email@example.com