This week’s Friday Morning Message: 2017 Membership Brunch | November Program | December Holiday Luncheon | YOTO Holiday Cards for Gift Bags | Food Bank Collection | Fall Festival Arts & Crafts Show | TWOQC “Spice Things Up” for YOTO | Not Receiving FMM’s? | Upcoming Events
The Membership Brunch was a smashing success – witches and pumpkins, oh my! The Big Band Sounds of Green Valley was certainly a big sound and had us dancing in the aisles. The brunch was busy with membership renewals and seating sales for attendance at the Holiday Luncheon along with many other opportunities that members were able to take advantage of. Brunch Photos
Monday, November 13 at 6:30 Sharon Resnick Anderson will present Women in American History.
Sharon is the former director of the University of North Dakota International Centre and has a Master of Fine Arts Degree in Communication with a minor in Psychology. As an undergraduate Sharon majored in religious studies, philosophy and women’s studies. She is the author of “Burden of Knowing” and will present the actual speeches of women who changed the world from 1851 to the present.
Seats for our upcoming Holiday Luncheon on December 11 went on sale Monday at the October Membership Brunch. Sales are moving along briskly with over 200 seats sold on Monday, so please make arrangements to purchase your seats as soon as possible to insure you will be able to join your friends and neighbors.
- Luncheon registration will begin at 11:00, the bar will open at 11:30, and lunch will be served at 12:30.
- Seating for members and first-time guests is $20.
- If you are purchasing for multiple persons please have the names of each person when you pay.
- Please contact Nancy Jacobs at (970) 946-3910 to reserve your seat(s).
The holiday menu for the Luncheon will be: Roasted turkey breast with mashed potatoes (gravy served on both the turkey and the potatoes), cranberry walnut dressing, homemade cranberry sauce will be on the table, and rolls & butter. Dessert will be Gingerbread cookies with icing and red & green sprinkles.
As an extra holiday treat, we will be raffling off adorable gingerbread men center pieces at the Holiday Luncheon. There will be one of the gingerbread statues on display at the November program. You will want to purchase lots of raffle tickets so you can take one home with you for the holidays.
If you want to sponsor a YOTO student and did not get a Holiday Gift Bag name and info at the membership brunch you still have time. Names and student information are available in the TWOQC box outside Diane Quinn’s door, 2276 E Skywalker Way. All you need to do is select a card and follow the instructions inside.
You can participate even if you will not be attending the December 11 holiday program. Simply get your gift bag to Diane’s house prior to Dec 11. A recap of the 2016 December luncheon and YOTO gift bag donations.
Suggested gifts: If your student likes movies, video games or music, think about a gift card from Walmart or Target. That way you don’t have to guess about their tastes and they can select what they would like.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Thank you to all of you that contributed to the collection efforts. There was $190 in cash and 213 pounds of groceries collected at the membership brunch.
Looking forward to seeing you Saturday and Sunday at the craft show in the Madera Clubhouse! Watch for our booth where you will be able to purchase our craft logo items that will benefit our scholarship program. Cash or checks payable to TWOQC Charity Account.
Remember to visit the Photos & Videos page for events and programs coverage captured by club photographer, Eileen Sykora.
If you need help subscribing to the Friday Morning Messages, please access THIS LINK where you will find a special form to reach key TWOQC members who will assist you with any issues you may have with receiving the weekly FMM’s.
♦ = public event
- Nov. 13 – 6:30 p.m. ::: Women in American History
- Dec. 11 – 12:00 p.m. ::: Holiday Luncheon (YOTO holiday gift bags)
- ♦Jan. 15 – 7:00 p.m. ::: Lecture Series: Arizona Jaguars
- Jan. 29 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Tumacacori Mission · Park Ranger
- ♦Feb. 7 – 10:00 a.m. ::: Fashion Show (Dillard’s apparel)
- ♦Mar. 12 – 7:00 p.m. ::: Lecture Series: American Turquoise “Collecting with Confidence”
- Mar. 26 – 9am-4pm ::: Field Trip (Tubac Presidio & Tumacacori Mission)
- May 19 ::: Military Baby Shower
- June 25 ::: Summer Luncheon
- Oct. 29 ::: Membership Brunch
- Dec. 10 ::: Holiday Luncheon